Recent forum changes

Old 06-04-05, 08:21 PM
Recent forum changes

Why is it that whenever something changes around here, the forums become less user friendly?

Not too long ago, I used to be able to enter a thread, read the contents, and then go back out to the parent forum by clicking on it on the little "tree diagram" (for lack of a better term) bar that appeared at the top. You know the one I'm talking about? You can still see it on most screens. It has the tree, with clickable links allowing you to go to various levels, and at the far right, a welcome message (Welcome, air biscuit) along with the last time you visited and your PM stats.

Well, now when I'm reading a thread, that little tree is no longer up there - only the welcome message and PM stats. I'm hoping that it was just an oversight - that was a very convenient way for me to navigate the forums .

Is there any way we can get it changed back?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-05, 05:37 PM
Group Moderator
Must be you, biscuit; I've still got the "tree".

Old 06-05-05, 08:06 PM
I just grin and bear it. I've noticed that the fonts tools, Bold, Italics, Quote, do not work in my post, but they work for everyone else's. lol

Old 06-06-05, 05:33 AM
Tried clearing cookies... still the same problem

Old 06-06-05, 06:21 PM
The past couple of days have been weird. Big fonts everywhere. A couple of missed email notifications. DIY must be undergoing system changes. Patience.

Old 06-07-05, 07:52 PM
My sub-forum pages are at 4/5th screen with a space on the right, but the thread pages are full screen
Have been for a few days
No biggie, it's just weird

Old 06-09-05, 04:52 AM
I have noticed that the issue I described above does not happen on my wife's laptop. She uses Internet Explorer. I use Firefox on my work and personal comps.

The other changes aren't too bad. I did notice that the forum drop down menus (the new, larger links at the top) are on top of the ad banner with the exception of the Black and Decker ad. Strange.

Old 06-09-05, 05:20 AM
Originally Posted by air biscuit

Not too long ago, I used to be able to enter a thread, read the contents, and then go back out to the parent forum by clicking on it on the little "tree diagram" (for lack of a better term) bar that appeared at the top. You know the one I'm talking about? You can still see it on most screens. It has the tree, with clickable links allowing you to go to various levels, and at the far right, a welcome message (Welcome, air biscuit) along with the last time you visited and your PM stats.

Well, now when I'm reading a thread, that little tree is no longer up there - only the welcome message and PM stats.
Oh I know what you mean now
Like when I reply to a thread and want to go back out and look at the subforum as a whole again, and see the list of threads

I now have to go up top to the drop down to get there and hope B&D or the other one (there's another) doesn't block my way

When I first noticed it (Sunday night) I dusted off IE (I'll do that if I'm getting funky website things going on) and didn't notice a difference, but I wasn't really sure what was up at that point
Maybe I'll crank it up again
I'll go wake up the mouse and put him on his wheel...this may take a few

Old 06-09-05, 06:11 AM
Nah, I didn't notice a difference
But it used to be, if I rec'd e-mail notification, and clicked the link to view the subscribed thread, then closed it (and left DIY Forums) and went back to that page later, all threads that were around at that time (all...like all the forums) would be marked read
Now just the one thread is marked read
I'm finding I like that much better