Rain!!

Old 07-23-05, 04:43 PM
Talking Rain!!

YEEEEHAW! It finally rained after a week or too of *sweltering* heat Needless to say, I wasn't huddled under shelter, I was out in it! I saw the wall of rain coming when it was 5+ miles away, and heard the thunder from about four miles away. S000... When it was about 1 mile away, and coming fast, I made a run for the tools. I had two mowers (one good mainly for parts), a wheelbarrow, and a bunch a scattered long-handleds. By the time I collected them all, the wind was blowing like CRAZY, and the wall of rain arrived. A little hail was mixed in, but it was mostly DRIVING rain! It stopped after an hour, but it was a good deal, and it was enough to get me soaked. Whew! Good break from roasting! Hope more comes, cause I could use it!

Country Gardener

Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-05, 09:30 PM
Gardner,

I'm glad you got some of the your much needed rain! Good thing you got your tools and things put away, too.

We haven't had a rain but once this summer that we could actually get out and play in. The kids had a blast! Good old, rain. No more, no less. Usually we get nothing but thunderstorms packed with lightening. No fun for the kids, but we sure enjoyed that one shower we had. Lasted a pretty good bit, too so everyone (adults and kids) got out in it and played.

Kay

Old 08-06-05, 10:39 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Hiya Kaybyrd...

My wife and I moved out to Albuquerque at the end of 2003... Since then I can count how many days of rain we have had here without taking off my shoes... Mostly always LOW LOW HUMIDITY to the tune of about 10% and very little rain... In fact, a 2 or 3 hour rainstorm is virtually unheard of around here... We get a couple inches of snow 5 or 6 times Jan-Feb, but even that melts off quickly... We came from Georgia so it makes me wonder why we waited so long to find this place! We love it here...

Old 08-06-05, 10:47 PM
Man oh Man! I was wondering how you were doing! Last I heard you were out there getting ready for the family.

Glad you like it there. Was a big move for you guys!

When Lee lived near Vegas he said that it didn't rain there much so people had rock gardens, not flower gardens.

We just had a huge downpour of rain. Wondering how many inches it was. So much, so quickly that the roads were impassable for a bit, but didn't rain for more than 10 minutes, tops.

Just a mile over the stateline, it was hailing. We were in it, and my 14yo got all excited about it. Guess she's never really been out in it. I told her that was what hurt about the rain when we were heading to the car...small hail.

Kay

Old 08-06-05, 11:25 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Wow, what are you doing up still??

We are doing great out here... I finally got done with all the training in OKC and here in ABQ... Fully certified now... Kimberly (wife) loves the weather here, but does get bored with all the brown all year... Not very colorful except for a very brief period at the beginning of spring... The kids like it here a lot too... Great outdoor city... Lots of biking and hiking and such... And you are right about the landscaping... called xeriscaping here... (zero-scaping by the locals) which basically just means anything but grass... Lots of decorative rock and any desert plant that doesn't require too much water... Water is hard to come by here... ... Anyway, how are you and yours??

Old 08-09-05, 09:52 PM
Wow, there really is nothing like going out dancing in the rain like an idiot... or maybe it's just me?

Old 08-10-05, 06:48 AM
rhsjess: not just you, I love doing it too! Its just the natural thing to do!

Ragnar: I'm glad that you and the family are loving it there! That is great to hear. Why was I up then? I tend to be a nightowl lately. Guess that comes from taking so many of my college classes online and its the only time I can study and/or take my tests online without interuption. PM me with your email addy and I'll update you on what's been happening here...

Kay