Which is worse?

Old 08-05-05, 02:51 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Which is worse?

Which is worse, trying to register a vehicle at the end or beginning of a month or waiting in the line of an auto parts store on a weekend morning?

Just curious for input from folks.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-05, 10:19 PM
Well I'll tell ya. I just got a bike and after I got the title transfered and walked over to where you get plates the line looked like a popular ride at Kings Island. I said forget it I'll wait.

Normally our auto parts store is pretty good. I try to only use KOI auto parts stores instead of the Auto Zone and it's usually in and out.

Old 08-07-05, 05:29 PM
Trying to get into and buy something at the Waterford Home Depot on a Saturday or a Sunday
....though that AutoZone in New London is pretty crazy on the weekends too
Fortunately my local NAPA is open a few hours on the weekend

Old 08-08-05, 11:30 AM
Hey slickshift,

Isn't the Acme on Main St. still open? When I lived in O.S. I went to Acme because their prices were more sane than Napa and the orders came in quicker not to mention the fact that Acme does price matching. Also, when I lived in O.S. the Acme guys seemed to have a clue unlike the Napa guys. Also, if you go to the Home Depot in Lisbon (exit 84 off 395) you will find the lines a lot easeir to deal with (nowhere near as busy).

Old 08-08-05, 11:35 AM
Got a messed up DMV story for y'all. Last Columbus Day weekend, my driver's license was to expire if i didn't renew it. My license was suspended in MA for a 5 year old speeding ticket that I tried to fight but the court date was sent to the wrong address. So on the Friday before I went ot the DMV in MA after noontime and paid to have it restored. I went back to CT to renew my license. They closed at noontime on that Friday for a 3 day weekend .

Old 08-08-05, 11:42 AM
The ACME guys moved but are still here in town
I like them too but they have short Sat and no Sun Hours
The NAPA on Main is gone and NAPA from Essex moved to O.S. near the auto malls on the Middlesex Turnpike

Old 08-08-05, 03:30 PM
The license is so much freaky worse.

At least at the auto parts store, you own familiar turf, you can eaves drop, or think of what else to buy that you forgot, and watch irrate customers and complain or brag with the fellow next to you.

Old 08-08-05, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by Lugnut
At least at the auto parts store, ... you can eaves drop
Ha ha...
Not at the New London AutoZone you can't
Well, I can't...No Hablo Espanol
But it is fun to see the irate ones
You can get the gist sometimes...
Sometimes it's very clear what went wrong w/o understanding a word they are saying
lol

Old 08-20-05, 08:06 PM
Dmv?

I haven't been inside a DMV office for probalby 15 years. Out here (CA) there is very little you can't do by mail or internet. If you do need to go to the office, you can make an appointment! And if you go there with an appointment, I understand the wait is always very short. People who are desparate and just have to walk in.....they have to wait!

Old 08-25-05, 11:18 AM
When I was visiting a friend in PA a few years ago, I was amazed to see that you can get your license plates at insurance offices. I guess most states can't do that because it would make too much sense.

Old 08-28-05, 09:57 AM
Out here, the plate stays with the car forever. So the only time you need an actual new plate is a brand new car. They mail it to you.

Annual renewals are just stickers. In the mail.

Old 08-28-05, 11:32 AM
I avoid both issues completely; I never own a vehicle long enough to be nickeled and dimed by age.....and I never go at the end or beginning of the month for DMV issues.

Search this Thread