I want cheese with my whine please

Old 09-23-05, 03:28 PM
I want cheese with my whine please

Just bored at work so here's my whine!

I'm a female...as if that matters, but

I'm sooooo tired of cutting my grass EVERY weekend! First I complained cuz I don't have a yard and now I bought a house and have to cut the grass every weekend. At first it was fun b/c it was different and new but now it's just been a pain in my butt. Then I complain about how slow the grass is growing...which one do I want? Now I got my 10 yr. old son cutting the front yard and I'm responsible for the back...if I could just get him to do the back too w/o complaining!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-05, 05:28 PM
If you can get a 10 year old to do almost ANYTHING without complaining, please let me know what size board you used. Just kidding. Home ownership comes with all those things you never thought would get old. This includes the yard. Good luck and be thankful you have your own space.

Old 09-24-05, 03:30 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Be glad your lawn is green I haven't mowwed since the 2nd week of July. Although some of the surrounding areas have recieved some rain, my property has had less than an inch since June. When it does rain it isn't even enough to settle the dust. My septic field is on a steep hill, I think I've weed eated it 3 times since June and once or twice any high spots around the house. The poor folks on the gulf coast have more water than they can handle - I'd sure be willing to relieve them of some of it.

I don't remember at what age kids change but I do remember mine telling me that when they got big they would go to work so I wouldn't have too - my how times change They do however remember where to come when they need something.

Old 09-26-05, 09:39 AM
think of all the great EXERCISE you're getting!!!

Old 09-26-05, 04:06 PM
I've come to realize the older kids get, the bigger mouths they have! They are actually quite smarter than us cuz they sure know how to get away with a lot of things! I'm slowly learning!

Marksr
Actually, a portion of my grass area is green due to the wonderful green weeds. I mow it anyway...the weed killer stuff works but you have to keep spraying and I'm tired of that too.

U mean when my son told me he's going to buy me a car and take care of me when I get old and need diaper changing, he's not really going to do it?

Annette
Yup! U R right! Lost 10-13 lbs., mowing, digging, painting...DIY-ing! It's actually great...

Old 09-26-05, 07:00 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Originally Posted by DIYADDICT
I've come to realize the older kids get, the bigger mouths they have! They are actually quite smarter than us cuz they sure know how to get away with a lot of things!.

If I remember correctly - when you are a teenager you are smarter than anyone - it is only when you age a little that you learn enough to become dumb

Old 09-27-05, 07:58 AM
One of my favorite quotes comes from Mark Twain:

"When I was 16 I was ashamed ofhow ignorant my father was. When I reached 21, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in 5 years..."