Driver's Ed anyone?

Old 10-07-05, 10:46 AM
Driver's Ed anyone?

i need to vent: i have another whine about bad drivers, those who were apparently absent the day they taught you HOW to drive in Driver's Ed class.....

on a 4-lane highway, when you get into the lefthand lane to pass a slower car who's in the righthand lane, wait until you can just barely start to see him in your rearview mirror before you whip back over into the righthand lane. this is a clever little way to avoid cutting them off too closely. DO NOT whip back over when there's barely one car-length's distance between you & him! this has happened to me several times this week!

and no, i'm not putt-putting along, so as to make these passers aggravated at me ~ i'm going about 75 (in a 70)! and there aren't cars right behind the passers, making them feel rushed to get back to the righthand lane. they are just rude & inconsiderate & dangerous! they wouldn't want me to ride their tails that closely, but they think nothing of cutting me off that closely. it makes no sense, and is very annoying!

it's enough to make you wanna start carrying a gun in your car so you can shoot these morons' tires out!!! /wink/

Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-05, 12:52 PM
oh...was that you? j/k I know what you mean...I'm like you except those things happen to me while I'm in traffic...IN TRAFFIC @ 5 mph!!! What's wrong with these people? I only drive like them when I have to go potty really badly and think I can actually get somewhere faster...it sure makes me feel better...

Just Ignore those people and shake your head...don't let those retarded people get on your nerves...they're jerks and probably know it.

Old 10-07-05, 02:20 PM
I had taken Drivers Ed in high school but when I was in the Service, I had to take Defensive Driving. It basically taught you to control your temper against those idiots.
That guy that passed you probably thought you were showing him your wedding ring when you waved at him.

Old 10-08-05, 12:04 AM
Annette,

Follow them, wait till they park.

Then paint a faux racing stripe down the centerline of their car Wiff yo Woolie!! nyuck,,,nyuck

Old 10-08-05, 04:58 AM
They tend to stay out of my way, big ugly van roaring up the highway. The van looks as if I don't care what hits it, or what it hits, they stay out of the way.

Old 10-09-05, 10:06 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
It is amazing the number of idiotic drivers on the road. Seems that there is always someone on the road who figures they have more rights to be on the road than you do. Had I not yeilded to thoughtless drivers there is no telling how many accidents I would have been in. The scariest incident to date was a few months ago returning from the beach - my wife was driving about 75mph passing a car that was only going slightly slower when 3 bikes passed between us doing well over 100mph. Since I was in the passenger seat and not paying a lot of attention by the time I realized what had happened the first bike was out of sight.

Old 10-12-05, 04:46 AM
Group Moderator
Just curious, but is it legal in any of the 50 states to make a u-turn on a red left turn arrow?

I see that at least once a week and it's frequently an out-of-state car (of which we have many).

Old 10-12-05, 06:30 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I have lived in Tallahassee and near Orlando, driven in New York City, Atlanta, Detroit and Chicago and Florida has the worst drivers. I think maybe the other states ship their worst drivers south.

Old 10-12-05, 05:48 PM
I don't know. The 3 times I've been to Texas I thought I had entered death race 2,000.

Old 10-13-05, 04:36 AM
Group Moderator
I always chuckle when people (usually from out of state) remark that Florida drivers are the WORST. I always point out what mark said - most of them learned to drive in ANOTHER STATE.

My vote for worst (and I've driven in California) is Washington D.C.

Old 10-14-05, 11:29 PM
If you haven't been to Utah, you haven't seen poor driving. Each day you're putting your life in someone else's hands. California drivers are wonderful compared to the nut race in this state!

Old 10-15-05, 08:18 AM
What's very annoying to me is when there is a long line of traffic in a turn lane and some people will drive all the way to the turning point in the next lane and want to cut in line and there is always someone that will let those drivers do that. Do not be so "nice" to let people cut in and hold up everyone behind you!

I've also noticed a sorry technique people use to change lanes in moving traffic....they start to ease very close to you causing you to naturally brake, so they won't hit you, leaving the open space for them to change lanes.

Old 10-26-05, 12:27 PM
I used to drive tractor trailer from Toronto to New York to Atlanta to L.A. and up to Vancouver. This was a monthly run and the risks people take cutting in front of me would make you believe that they had a pipeline to God. Each city had its share of wack jobs. New York had just a few more

Old 10-26-05, 12:50 PM
Group Moderator
I hear you on that one! I've driven all kinds of vehicles up to big box trucks and I've found that the level of courtesy you're shown is inversely proportional to the size of the vehicle you're driving. People will do almost anything to get in front of a semi.

Old 10-28-05, 01:17 AM
Originally Posted by uteman1011
If you haven't been to Utah, you haven't seen poor driving. Each day you're putting your life in someone else's hands. California drivers are wonderful compared to the nut race in this state!

I second this statement!

Old 10-28-05, 12:56 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Why do I always wind up at a stop sign behind someone who has to wait until there are no cars visible for 3 miles before making a left turn. Also, I drive an 89 Jeep Cherokee. I could swear that there is a sign on the back of it saying please tailgate me even when I have driven 82 in a 65 and then pull over for them to pass me and they are still tailgating me after I move over to the right lane. Also ya gotta love these people who drive 60 in a 65 and then speed up to 85 when you try to pass them on the highway. Thank goodness I do not own a handgun, otherwise some days there would be 6 more dead drivers. Don't have too much fun on the road, y'all!!!!

Old 10-28-05, 07:33 PM
Group Moderator
One of my favorites is when you acccidently get stuck behind a slow-mover on the interstate with a long line of cars passing in the left lane and no one, and I mean NO ONE, will take their foot off the gas for a couple of seconds to open up a gap for you to join the fast crowd. And worse, you finally see a little gap between cars, you put your turn signal on, and the moron at the back of the gap steps on the gas to close the gap. I damned near ran some jerk right off the highway yesterday who closed up a gap while I was trying to merge on an on ramp (he was BEHIND me on the on ramp, one of those big right-hand loops up onto the interstate). Fortunately he valued his car more than the one I was towing.

Old 11-02-05, 10:43 AM
Shouldn't driving under the speed limit in the left lane and not pulling over after 3 cars pass you on the right be a capital offense, meted out by John Q. Public with zero chance of prosecution? After all it should be a public service to kill these twits. Could it be high for them?

Old 11-02-05, 11:08 AM
Group Moderator
Here in Wsiconsin you can get ticketed for going slow in the left lane and forcing people to pass you on the right.

Old 11-02-05, 11:12 AM
it's against the law in EVERY state. slow traffic must keep to the right.

passing on the right is actually against the law.

therefore, the proper remedy for the situation is to ride the slow-moving guy's ***, flash your brights, honk your horn & make large "move the **** over!" gestures!!!

glare at them and give a friendly middle finger wave as you then legally pass them on the left.

you'll feel satisfied and refreshed afterward.

Old 11-02-05, 11:38 AM
Group Moderator
Not illegal in all states, I know it's not in Minnesota. Just should be.

Old 11-02-05, 11:39 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Gollee Annette, guess I better drive reeaalll good if I get in front of you

Old 11-02-05, 11:47 AM
sorry........i'm in a REALLY bad mood today! we just bought a house and the previous people (ie pigs) who lived there left an unbelievable amount of dirt & trash for us (ie ME, aka Cinderella) to clean up. and i've got a cough/cold that's been lingering on for a month now & after 4 days of going to clean the new house straight from work til i can't move one more muscle, i am completely wiped out. so if you see me on the highway, STAY OUT OF MY WAY!!!!

Old 11-05-05, 08:24 AM
I do give them the high beam warning before I pass on the right, besides if there are no police cruisers in the area, passing on the right is O.K. LOL. At least I do not shoot out a window on their car like I have heard some people do on the news.

Old 11-05-05, 08:27 AM
Annette, thank goodness I do not live anywhere near Missouri!! LOL!!!