When are you too old to Trick or Treat?

Old 10-31-05, 11:03 AM
When are you too old to Trick or Treat?

can't decide? approaching that gray area? when in doubt, ask yourself this: am i taller than most of the adults answering the doors? :mask: if the answer is yes, you're probably too old to be Trick or Treating...........and you're scaring me! ~ especially when it's after 9 p.m.!!!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

and please don't smash my pumpkins, toilet paper or egg my house!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-05, 11:21 AM
Group Moderator
When you're old enough to shave.

Old 10-31-05, 11:30 AM
Group Moderator
When I was growing up, my parents would always get upset at the high school kids in their letter jackets coming by at 9:00 with their pillowcases. They started turning out the lights at 8:00 and heading to the basement as a result. Where I am now, there are specified hours for trick or treating (like 5 - 7 pm) and that's it. There seem to be fewer of the older kids this way.

Old 10-31-05, 12:17 PM
Another one I love is the parents with their infant in a stroller collecting candy for the baby. Come on now! That baby has no idea what's going on and mom is going to eat all the candy.

Old 10-31-05, 03:40 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
When I was a kid if you were old enough to work you were too old for trick or treat. Only thing I didn't like was I started working at age 12

I agree that the big kids don't need to be out trick or treating but you got to love some of those little ones out there

Old 10-31-05, 03:47 PM
Never too old! The last time I "dressed up" for Halloween was 2 years ago...I'm now 30 but it was just for fun not for candy..well...yeah it was... to help my son get more but I just took the candy if it was given at the Harvest Festival. It's fun!!! I went as Storm and my boyfriend went as Wolverine...hey, if we have to take the kids...mind as well enjoy it at the same time and blend in!

I'll never be taller than the adults answering the doors (I'm 5'2") so I'm an exception right? Yeah....honestly I'd be too embarrassed to go door to door. Glad Halloween is today and not a weekend...my lights will be all night so hopefully no one comes to the door. I don't need to be spooked!

J.M.C - what happens if people trick or treat after 7pm??? Arrests?

Old 10-31-05, 05:45 PM
Group Moderator
Never thought about what happens after 7 PM, I'm usually hiding in the basement with the lights out anyway. I'll look into it - now you have my curiosity piqued.

Old 11-01-05, 04:49 AM
Group Moderator
I actually don't mind the older kids ringing the bell as long as they have made a decent effort at costuming. Letter jacket and a pillowcase wouldn't cut it.

Old 11-02-05, 10:57 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I'm 31 and I dressed up for answering the door. I was a stabbed to death convenience store cashier. I mixed a pint of corn syrup (light) and a bottle of red food dye. Stabbed an old work shirt repeatedly, stuck an 8" chef's knife partially into it and poured on the blood. Both kids and adults thought that it was cool. I went to a grocery store wearing that shirt and people were telling me how to get to the hospital (LMAO!!!!!!).

Old 11-02-05, 04:25 PM
Group Moderator
I'm worried about you, Hirsch.

Old 11-05-05, 08:38 AM
A few people in the grocery store took my picture in that costume saying it was the best one they saw. What is wrong with being original? A few years ago I pierced my eyebrow with a safety pin for part of a punk rocker costume that I made. I happen to be a major punk rock fan, so the costume wasn't much of a stretch but since I do cleaning and construction labor my hair is a normal color. A lot of people at the door liked it and asked me if it hurt. I did get a few black stares from a couple of moms though.

Old 11-06-05, 07:17 AM
Group Moderator
OK, now I'm starting to worry.

Old 11-07-05, 10:09 AM
Group Moderator
Those motherly stares were from the ones with daughters afraid you might be their DATE!

Old 11-07-05, 01:03 PM
These mothers were only a few years older than me. I do not believe in robbing the cradle by that much. The moms were cute though.