Spare time at work

Old 12-15-05, 12:55 PM
Spare time at work

What can I do w/my spare time at work??? I'm going crazy! Business has slowed and I don't know what to do with myself! I've spent most of my time Ebaying or on here reading but you know there's only so much you can spend and read. Any ideas on what else I can do??? It's just dead silent in here...argh.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-05, 02:29 PM
Think of ways to get rich.

Old 12-15-05, 04:40 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS!!!!!

I don't ever recall a job with spare time. It was always rush rush get to the next project.

Old 12-15-05, 05:06 PM
tae
You have access to the internet. Almost anything in the world you could ever want to know is out there. I don't see how anyone could be bored with all that info at their fingertips. Songs,games,library's,newspapers from around the world, i can loose all track of time sometimes for hours.

Old 12-15-05, 06:24 PM
Group Moderator
If I have free time at work, it means I need to spend more time marketing.

Old 12-16-05, 11:21 AM
I'm with J.M.C, "IF" I find extra time on my hands I need to get creative, there's always something to do. In my case, "Quiet Time" means my staff is preforming at the highest level. When I'm swamped it's normally employee related items intermixed with my daily tasks, I take it personally--I need to stepup my training or revisit my hiring practices! I'm blessed with a great staff, so as silly as this may sound, they create my down time. Whats up with that?

Old 12-16-05, 01:04 PM
When I have free time at work it means my loan rep needs to do better marketing. There's only so much I can do as I'm a loan processor...with no loans...I have no work. I did however went out and bought cards last night to send out to our borrowers for the past 2 years and signed about 50 of them so far today...made them a little more personal w/words in the card too. Carpo is on it's way to my hand!

I've check out different sites, but as I'm not interested in games, jokes or things like that...I'm looking for something "real" to do...get smarter in, online classes maybe?...write a letter to someone in the Marines, Navy, Army, etc?-Actually, I would love to do this but I don't know where to get a list of names...anyone?

Old 12-16-05, 01:40 PM
Old 12-28-05, 10:08 AM
DIYADDICT: i have the same problem!! more often than not, nothing to do at work!!! in some respects, a dream job ~ being paid for doing nothing, what could be better? but in other respects, i feel like i'm just wasting my life! i have a degree in Interior Design but i'm not even using it - except for giving advice here. but i make more money & have far better benefits doing what i'm doing. it's a shame & a waste, i know!

emailing people is fun, but it's hard to find others with as much time as you to keep the conversation going at a faster pace than a couple replies a day.

the internet was super cool & interesting......at first. but i'm here to tell ya, tae, after a while, you've seen it all! one day you log on & a screen pops up that says "We are sorry ~ you have now reached The End of the internet! please try again later!" HA! there comes a time when you've just simply run out of things to look up, read about, shop for, etc.

that's when...........you become a DoItYourself.com MODERATOR!!!!! (but sorry to say, even THAT doesn't fill an 8-hour day! )

my best suggestion to just think about & plan DIY projects & decorating ideas! at least it's practical!

Old 12-29-05, 01:44 PM
U R right Annette! I have a dream job and I just realized it as I can practically do nothing and still get paid!

I am currently making a receipe book as it is taking me a lot time to type out the receipes as I want them and creating the book. Hopefully work stays slow so I can finish.

Old 12-29-05, 09:06 PM
tae
but i'm here to tell ya, tae, after a while, you've seen it all! one day you log on & a screen pops up that says "We are sorry ~ you have now reached The End of the internet! please try again later!" HA! there comes a time when you've just simply run out of things to look up, read about, shop for, etc.
I am so sorry for you.

http://www.tribbs.co.uk/end_of_the_internet.php
http://www.schaft.com/endofit.html
http://www.shibumi.org/eoti.htm
http://home.att.net/~cecw/lastpage.htm
http://www.lastpageoftheinternet.co.uk/
http://www.time2dine.co.nz/lastpageoftheinternet.php

once you have reached the "final" end of the internet, dont forget to turn it off:http://www.turnofftheinternet.com/#

Old 12-30-05, 08:15 AM
HA! those links are hysterical, tae! thanks!

i guess one of the main problems is the physical stress involved in sitting & staring at the computer for hours & hours, day after day. your legs fall asleep, your hand goes numb, your contacts dry out, on occasion you do lose total track of time, etc...... but the recipe book project sounds fun & productive!!

Old 12-30-05, 09:28 AM
cambece
Visiting Guest
i watch tv in my spare time at work. thats always fun

Cambece

Old 12-30-05, 09:34 AM
TV???!!! Where do you work? Wow...that would be nice too. My boss has TV only on his computer so I don't get that kind of luxury!

Cooooool....!

Old 01-01-06, 06:45 PM
Group Moderator
tae:

those links tell me you have too much free time (they were funny).

Old 01-09-06, 12:44 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
For the scrabble addicts among us www.isc.ro is a great scrabble site (FREE download).

Old 01-11-06, 04:35 PM
Tae:

Thanks a lot for that last one (turn off the internet) as I don't know much about how computers work...I just type on them! I was clicking away at those funny things and it really freaked me out as I couldn't click on anything else so I had to do the control-alt-delete thing!