Full cycle in a funny way

Old 12-21-05, 09:53 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Full cycle in a funny way

I chew Altoids mints after I smoke to freshen my breath. I thought it was amazing that I can put 20 regular size cigarettes in an Altoids mint tin. This has saved my countless cigarettes from being crushed or sweat saturated since I tend to keep them in the left front pocket of my jeans. The "so-called" hard packs do not take this kind of abuse (i.e. a cat jumping on my lap and lying down on them). Just thought that others would find this handy.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-05, 01:21 PM
So now you carry 2 altoids tins?

Last edited by DIYaddict; 12-21-05 at 01:21 PM. Reason: wrong word
Old 12-21-05, 01:49 PM
Thumbs down sorry - smoking's not funny

1. stop smoking!

2. fresh breath? hello?! - you REEK of smoke! it's all over you - your hair, your clothes, your cat, everything! you could have horrific halitosis but no one would know because it would be virtually undectable under all the smoke stench. what's the point of a little mint? fresh breath should be the least of your worries.

3. here's an idea: combine your 2 activities (smoking & enjoying mints) into one that will save/prolong your life/health: chew mint flavored Nicorette instead!

4. you're welcome.

Old 12-21-05, 02:15 PM
tae
Yeah, that will make em stop.
I for one appreciate the tip.
Thanks!

Old 12-21-05, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by tae
I for one appreciate the tip.
Thanks!
You're very welcome, tae! Merry Christmas!! :wmann3:

Old 12-21-05, 04:30 PM
haha! I smoke too but I smell anyway... j/k mint and perfume helps...it does! But um I know I still reek. Whatever! I personally figured I'd die of cancer anywho and I know that's a dumb excuse. Quitting is VERY difficult! I tried the mint Nicorette too...didn't last too long as my jaw was locking up. What else you got Annette? Please don't yell at me...

PS... you do have a good point...

Old 12-21-05, 05:27 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I like to joke and say quiting smoking is easy. I did it about 50 times, thankfully the last time worked.

I believe the only way to quit successfully is to get it in your mind that nothing is worth smoking for. For me once I figured out no job and no woman was worth me smoking a cigerette over I was able to quit.

Old 12-21-05, 06:07 PM
You notice that the government does not make cigarettes illegal. Thats because of the money it brings in. When smoking is made illegal, I can't wait to see how the non-smokers complain how their taxes have went up. Someone will have to take the place of the smokers. What I really find funny is that States like Florida banned smoking in public places, but their State pension plan is subsidized by tobacco taxes. Is this not a conflict of interest?

Old 12-22-05, 05:25 AM
Group Moderator
I've worked with a lot of people over the years with bad habits and I've noticed the ones with deep desire to stop are the only ones who are successful. Just knowing you shouldn't do it is never enough.

Old 01-17-06, 11:34 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I tried the patch once (real brand name). All it did for me was cause a rash wherever I put it.

Old 01-17-06, 05:34 PM
I buy copper fittings from a scrap yard in my area and I heard right after christmas that a 60 year old guy down there was stalling on going to the doctor for 2 months, having chest pains and pains that were stretching over his shoulders and down his back.

To make a long story short, he went to the doctor that morning, by that afternoon he was told to quit his job and immediately apply for SSI/disability.

He's been smoking since he was ten, been smoking 52 years. Doctors found large tumors in each lung. Forced retirement and no where to go but downhill at this point since financially they wasn't too well off and the only thing he has going for him is a profit sharing program that he can live off of for at least a couple months........if he knows how to manage money. I don't think that is an option when you are dying of lung cancer.

What is scary is I have smoked twice in my life, when I was 17 for 3 years and back in 2000 for another 3 years. But I know I did a ton of damage to my lungs that 2nd tour of smoking. Lungs haven't been the same since and I have to use an asthma breather during certain weather conditions or if someone around me has a strong cologne or perfume. I get congestion more than I ever had before.

But, I'm no George Burns.......so I wait hoping that I don't become a statistic for what I did years ago. My mother died of cancer just last year and a year before she died they found a link to second hand smoke and breast cancer in women. She spent a good part of her life around smokers. My dad smoked a pipe for 15 years around all of us growing up as kids. I feel that inclined us to do the "okay" thing since we was raised around it.

Holy @$*! what am I on, Oprah? I'm done with this rant. I might need Kleenex's and an all expense paid trip to the Dr. Phil show before it's all over with.

Old 01-19-06, 04:22 PM
Dunbar plumber:

Nice story...sorry 'bout your mom...me need kleenex too!