Why do we have to deal with IDIOTS?

Old 01-09-06, 06:02 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Why do we have to deal with IDIOTS?

Mail runs here a little after 12 so about 1pm I drove down to the mailbox, got a disconect bill from the elec co. I have 2 meters, 1 up top for my home and shop and another at a wharehouse/garage I had built at the bottom [road level] For the last 3 yrs or so I have always wrote 1 check with both account numbers on it to pay the bill. Apparently whoever processed my check put it all on 1 account. The elec co has a policy of taking any extra amount you send in and using it for the help your neighbor program [pays poor folks light bills]
Almost forgot to mention - the turn off date was for tommorrow morning if not paid by today at 5pm. $25 disconect fee, up to $120 reconect plus $50 deposit. You know that notice got my blood boiling. Got on internet banking and made a copy of the check they cashed almost 3 weeks ago and called them. After the better part of an hour the issue was resolved by phone.
What would have happened if I didn't go to the mail box until after 5pm?

My wife wonders why I get upset when I have to deal with idiots

Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-06, 06:09 PM
just when we figure out how to idiot proof something, evolution creates a better idiot. hang in there.

Old 01-09-06, 06:33 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Originally Posted by flopshot
evolution creates a better idiot.

If thats true, we have no hope

Old 01-10-06, 04:22 AM
It's a Bear Thing

Why do we have to deal with idiots?
I believe it has to do with bears, or rather the lack of them

See, in the olden days, there were a lot more bears running around
Most of the idiots would eventually get eaten by bears

As time went on we killed or ate or ran off most of the regular bear food
(an idiot is a nice feast for a bear, but lets face it-not a well rounded bear diet)
We put up Malls in the bear village
And basically shot a lot of them to make rugs

Most of the bears got killed or moved away

Now we're stuck with a ton of idiots that normally would do something stupid, and get eaten by a bear

Old 01-10-06, 05:36 AM
Group Moderator
We have the same problem - we have almost a dozen different addresses where we get the gas and electric bill and they did the same thing. Better yet, they even lost one of our payments and we had to get them to look for it, then give them a photocopy of the canceled check when they came up empty. I don't blame the people who we deal with, they are all complaining about how horrible the new computer system they have is and the format of the bills backs them up.

Old 01-11-06, 09:09 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Why do I always have a line of idiots in front of me whenever I try to register a car? I am sure most of you know what I mean. The people who need half an hour at the window so the clerk can walk them through a registration form because the people cannot comprehend a simple registration form. It is also just as much fun when people go to the window without enough cash or forgetting their checkbook. I cannot understand why there isn't a 10 minuite limit for window time per customer. Most of the time it takes me about 5 minutes when I finally get to the window. The one exception in my case was that I didn't know I had to pay $10 extra for VIN confirmation ( letteing someone there make sure that the VIN is correct) because I bought an out-of -state car (first time I ever did that). Sorry if anyone is offended by this post, but I just went to DMV yesterday and had to get this off my chest.

Old 01-11-06, 10:18 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Originally Posted by nightowlpunk
). Sorry if anyone is offended by this post, but I just went to DMV yesterday and had to get this off my chest.

The only ones that would get offended by this thread are the idiots - HEY THEY ARE IDIOTS and don't have a clue that this is about them

Old 01-11-06, 01:27 PM
At work I supplied cable tv for the staff to enjoy on there break time. Some time ago I changed the billing from my name to the company's name.(Bad move) In doing so the cable company notified the rates would being go up because it's now commercial use. (A rate increase of $30.per month). After calling and asking what benefit I recieved from the increase, they said NONE--thats the way it works! I informed the cable company to cancel my service, period, that is being a customer at this location for ten plus years. Time passes by and the service continues but no bill is sent, OK,so I call back and explain the service is still active,(numerous times) I don't want the surprise bill for a bazillion dollars. I finally get a cable company guru on the phone, they explain they've executed a soft disconnect (whatever that is). Moral of the story is this;as time has passed I still have cable and the cable company gets nothing. They've alienated a customer in good standing for what I see as a change in the billing name? For those whom may feel I'm a crook, please understand this, the companies office is some three hundred miles away. I won't be making an office visit any time soon! Am I going to federal cable prison or obligated to disconnect it myself? If I do go to prison (just more free cable, but this time it comes with a meal).

Old 01-11-06, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by rentem
...If I do go to prison (just more free cable, but this time it comes with a meal).
And don't forget the free gym membership

Old 01-11-06, 01:52 PM
Really though rentem, you've done your part
I can't see how you'll ever be convicted of "theft of services"
Just write down what was said to/by whom, and on what date

Old 01-11-06, 04:29 PM
Just had to add in my 2 cents too!

I may be stupid sometimes but I'm not an idiot! I dunno, I actually looked up the word "idiot" and it seems harsher than "stupid".

Anywho! I've had my cases too with the electric company who shut me off after I moved. I don't know what happened but I never got a bill or notice about it. Realized after it was off. Boo hoo! I blamed it on my own stupidty as I should've paid attention to when the bill should arrive or something.

Then, there's that long distance carrier I've had for 8 years with 2 moves! They put me in collections after 1 move and I still had them as my carrier at the new house! Bought another house, moved and they screwed that one too. Out of my stupidity again...I still have themas my long distance carrier.

I had another company for instant messaging. Cancelled the account and they kept billing me. I called after each bill I kept getting and they said "ok" every time but nothing. This time I wrote to the Department of complaints for utilites (or something like that) and got my problem solved instantly. Got my refund and a few calls from the dumb company...but, they still send me bills w/a $0.00 balance. Weird. I've gotten @ least 2 bills like that.

I have a credit card company that never ever ever sends me statements! It's been like 2 years. I called them and they said they mailed it to me but I never got it. I've called at least 5 different times and they always said they mailed it. I just end up paying online anyways (I don't like doing that but I don't want my credit screwed up either). Out of my own stupidity...I keep using the card. LOL! Funny thing is I have another credit card from them too, different account but I always get the bill. ????

Old 01-11-06, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by rentem
I still have cable and the cable company gets nothing
Occasionally you are the beneficiary of an idiot. Enjoy the free cable!

Old 01-12-06, 12:34 AM
Here's my two cents ($1.6 cents Canadian).

Usually idiots are just people that don't care about what they are doing and are not embarrased to "look" like idiots in front of people they don't give two poops about. Some people have no pride.

Its a badge of honor for some to hide behind a process or policy. Hey I worked for a phone company for 31 years and have seen many "idiots" in action!! How some people's heads work just amazes me.

Oh well, sometimes idiots can be great because I called the cable company about all the free extra channels I'm getting and was afraid they would charge me. Still have the channels 10 years later and no charge. I'm not enough of an idiot that I will call them again.

Old 01-23-06, 06:19 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Just a little update

I got my next month billing from the elec company - included was a late charge fee because they were late in crediting my account. Had to call them again, after being transferred twice I was hooked up with an answering machine A few hours later they called and said it was all taken care of [I hope]

Where are them bears when you need them

Old 01-23-06, 07:40 PM
according to Darwin this type of activity shouldn't last much longer..... but i'm not holding my breath.

Old 01-24-06, 04:52 AM
Group Moderator
Darwin's laws of evolution only apply to non-technological socities - as humans, we actually experience reverse natural selection, so expect the problem to get worse.