New pop-up ads

Old 01-25-06, 07:55 AM
New pop-up ads

This is more a whine than a computer problem. I've noticed on numerous websites...including my own that the pop-ups are coming up under the same url of the page you are trying to view. It seems to never end with different ways to push advertising it seems.

Sneaky they are. Has anyone else seen this yet? I go to a great deal of news sites and sure enough.....the little boxes pop up with the exact same url that I went to view the information at.

What it all comes down to is name recognition of products. I bet even the best software cannot even compete with this new type of spam.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-06, 09:00 AM
Group Moderator
I turned off windows messenger and haven't seen one since.

Tae gave instructions for doing this a while back, I'll post the link when I find it.

Old 01-25-06, 09:14 AM
Group Moderator
Old 01-26-06, 10:43 AM
What's pop-up?

( Firefox browser user)

Old 01-26-06, 11:23 AM
Well......this has nothing to do with window's messenger because I don't have messenger. I'm not looking for a fix since I put this in chats and whines.

Sometimes it is just good to talk about a problem rather than worry about a fix, otherwise I would of shot this to Tae in computers. He's got a precise mind on the subject matter.

It doesn't happen everywhere I go on the internet so I'm glad it isn't the norm.

Old 01-26-06, 06:43 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I have window xp and since getting service pack 2, I have almost no pop ups. Hey and I ain't whining