Rate the Airlines?

Old 02-21-06, 05:54 AM
Group Moderator
Rate the Airlines?

Was going to post this in Travel, but there's more traffic here.

Anyone have any thoughts on choices in flying one of these airlines:

American
AirTran
Delta

Have to fly Tampa to BWI in June for brother's wedding. Flew American most recently, last summer Tampa to San Jose CA, and had satisfactory flights.

tg

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-06, 06:47 AM
Group Moderator
Haven't flown the other two recently, but my last flight on Delta (LA to San Francisco, changing planes in Atlanta ) was cramped - I was very glad I knew the person sitting next to me, I was nearly sitting on them.

Old 02-22-06, 04:44 AM
I have relatives in FL and typically fly Delta or Southwest into Tampa. My most recent flight out of Tampa using Delta was delayed 1 1/2 hours and no good explanation was given (was not weather related). Other than that, I've never had a problem with either of them.

Old 02-22-06, 05:28 PM
I'm not familiar with Air Tran but am with Delta and American. My choice of who to fly is ALWAYS Southwest if they run the route in question. The "heritage" (old line, hub and spoke) airlines start off with an inefficient business plan and then seem to expand it to every part of their operation. My last flights on Delta (757s) were really nice, but their non-wide bodies are pretty cramped.

frank

Old 02-22-06, 05:57 PM
Group Moderator
I've flown Southwest only when it was via charter (when I was on active duty) and I was fairly impressed with them. Unfortunately this will be a shoestring budget trip due to factors beyond my control and Southwest looks to be about double the fare. Probably going to be Delta; among other things they have the best flight times (assuming they are anywhere near being on-time, LOL) that fit around the trip.

Old 02-27-06, 05:37 AM
Group Moderator
Woo-hoo, finally got around to doing the booking and ended up going with American. Stumbled into a fairly major price savings - $150 roundtrip including all taxes, fees and even Travelocity's trip insurance.

Search this Thread