Take Action Against Gas/oil Companies!!!!

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-06, 07:53 AM
Exclamation Take Action Against Gas/oil Companies!!!!

The only way gas prices are going to come down is if we stand up and be heard by the oil companies, boycott all the gas stations, dont buy their gas, protest them, stop buying gas until the gas companies are desperate for money then is when you will see gas prices come down!! All you independent truckers out there need to tell them you aint haulin nothing else until gas and diesel prices come down this is the only way to get them down, the president cant do a darn thing about gas prices the oil companies is who we need to be talkin to!!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-06, 08:03 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Actually, I think you need to talk to the stock speculators. They bid the price of oil up or down.
In the meantime, make sure you have air in your bicycle tires.

Old 05-08-06, 08:21 AM
Exclamation

i dont mean stop buying gas completely, just enough to where they'll notice, only drive when you HAVE to (to work, school, or for emergencies) people are out there right now just driving around for no reason supporting the gas companies and going broke at the same time, drive only when you need to.

Old 05-08-06, 09:47 AM
Never gonna happen.

Old 05-08-06, 09:56 AM
going broke at the same time
I'm as frustrated as everyone else, but seriously...that statement is exaggerated don't you think?

Even when gas prices were lower, I still drive around only when I need to.

Old 05-08-06, 10:18 AM
That's why a consumer "boycott" isn't going to happen. The oil companies/producers/speculators all know there isn't a thing we can do about it except pay up. Those of us who are hurt by the price increase (my gas hog pick up sits in the garage except when it's realllly needed) are already limiting our driving while those who aren't hurt just pay the higher price.

Old 05-08-06, 05:14 PM
They need to open up more drilling here in the US. Coast of Ca, Fl, NC and more in Alaska. If they don't have to buy it from overseas we can produce our own oil. I think the states that don't allow drilling should pay up more for not drilling. Why should the handful of states that drill pay the same as everybody else? If Ca for example had to pay 30% more I bet they would go ahead with drilling leases.

Last edited by majakdragon; 05-09-06 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Deleted derogatory wording
Old 05-08-06, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by chevydrivin
They need to open up more drilling here in the US. Coast of Ca, Fl, NC and more in Alaska. If they don't have to buy it from overseas we can produce our own oil. I think the states that don't allow drilling should pay up more for not drilling. Why should the handful of states that drill pay the same as everybody else? If Ca for example had to pay 30% more I bet they would go ahead with drilling leases.

California produces 50 % of its own oil and and gas is not any cheaper there, it just the market, offer vs. demand, maybe more drilling would drive prices down if market was flooded but who knows , companies need a return on their investments, anyway, just put up or get a scooter, I drive a chevy silverado I get about 13 mpg average and I'm not complaining, also what's up with the slur this is the World Wide Web, let's try to be respectful to everyone

Last edited by majakdragon; 05-09-06 at 07:22 AM.
Old 05-09-06, 07:27 AM
Moderator note: Since this thread is getting more argumentative than informative, it is now closed.

Closed Thread