junk hunting $500 fine

Old 06-19-06, 07:38 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Not just beer and cigs. We once saw a guy throw is NEWSPAPER out the window the ENTIRE NEWSPAPER now that can cause a accident.

Originally Posted by Pendragon
You should be fined for throwing ANYTHING out of your car window. Cigs, trash, even liquids. I don't want to get hit by anything moving 60+ mph, especially if it's on fire or wet.

Nothing funny about getting to work with a cigarette burn on your pants and smelling like beer because some a-hole in front of you had to throw his trash out the window of a moving vehicle.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-06, 05:03 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Anyone who throws anything out of a car window is just plain rude. Imagine a road side with no litter

Old 06-20-06, 08:59 AM
<--- new to the chats and whines section.

lol

anyway, there are websites such as www.Freecycle.org and www.craigslist.org where ppl can give there stuff away for free.

most major cities have sites and you can post your unwanted FREE stuff and ppl respond to it, come and pick it up and it keeps usable stuff out of the landfills.

btw, i have been an avid freecycler for over a year now and have had no problems w/ strangers coming to my place to pick something up.

normally i sat it outside when i know they are coming, they stop by, pick it up and drive off.

i have also obatined things from the site such as a vehicle that needed repairs to get it running (we had it running in one hour after picking it up). again, it was free and had a clean title. [shrugs]

Old 07-06-06, 09:42 PM
Well guess what
I got a guy coming buy friday 7AM to drop off 8 lawnmowers 1 weedwacker 1 leafblower all for $175 so I will fix these and make some money anybody need a mower

Old 07-07-06, 06:19 AM
DIYliz,
Glad you mentioned Freecycle. Great way to save the landfills. We belong to 3 different Freecycles in our area (3 towns). Although some people really push the limits with what they ask for, it is still a great organization.

Old 07-13-06, 05:14 PM
Well I just found a trimmer in the trash and it WORKS......

<< edited >>

Last edited by Annette; 07-14-06 at 09:51 AM. Reason: could be construed as soliciting
Old 07-14-06, 09:22 AM
Are you advertising???

Old 07-14-06, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by Pendragon
Nothing funny about getting to work with a cigarette burn on your pants and smelling like beer because some a-hole in front of you had to throw his trash out the window of a moving vehicle.

Now that would be hard to explain to the boss or wife.

Old 07-16-06, 12:47 AM
Originally Posted by DIYaddict
Are you advertising???
Why do you want it....OH wait your scared of gas powered stuff.