Cat On Death Row

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-06, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by Annette
couldn't you have helped that deer? or couldn't you have shot the dogs BEFORE they "hamstrung" her (whatever that means - and please don't bother explaining it.....i'm sure i'm better off not knowing!)

for that matter, why exactly DID you shoot the dogs???
I'm not much of a hunter myself but from what I understand dogs chasing deer are very detrimental to hunting and to deer. Some unethical people will even train their dogs to chase and flush out deer which is more then a little illegal. Old school hunters that I have talked to will say that any dog they see chasing deer will be shot on sight for these reasons wild or not. A game warden will shoot these dogs as well before allowing it to continue which is probably why the warden gave him a break, knowing and agreeing with this "hunters code" even if it is technically against the law.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-06, 02:23 PM
Annette - I did help the deer. I put it out of it's pain and misery. Could you explain to me how to help a deer that has been hamstrung (thats when a predator rips the tendons on the legs of its prey so that it can't escape) and partially gutted by a pack of dogs? Do you think I could just pick it up and carry it to my truck - a couple of miles away? Even if I could, what then?

I shot the dogs because they would just continue killing deer. It was exactly what the warden would have done had he been there. No pleasure out of doing it, just something that needed done.

Like I said - a different era.

Annette - let me give you are more recent example of how reality can conflict with PC. A couple of years ago I was following a guy that hit a deer with his car. I stopped to see if I could help and right behind me one of our town police officer's stopped. The deer was on it's hind quarters with a broken back. It was bleating in pain. I asked the cop to shoot it and she couldn't bring herself to do it. The driver of the car that hit it ended up killing it with a baseball bat. Both of us felt like crap about it but what really amazed us is that a police officer who might be expected to kill a human couldn't shoot a deer to stop it's pain.

Old 05-26-06, 11:11 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Update

UPDATE

"the cat will have to wait another month to learn his fate the owner of the cat is charged with 2nd degree reckless endangernet the naghbors say the cats ambush has left them scared and with painfull deep scraches". keep the cat indoors there will be no problem its stuped to put the cat to death.

Old 05-27-06, 06:16 AM
Annette said she did not wan't you to explan the details she will faint

Originally Posted by Wayne Mitchell
Annette - I did help the deer. I put it out of it's pain and misery. Could you explain to me how to help a deer that has been hamstrung (thats when a predator rips the tendons on the legs of its prey so that it can't escape) and partially gutted by a pack of dogs? Do you think I could just pick it up and carry it to my truck - a couple of miles away? Even if I could, what then?

I shot the dogs because they would just continue killing deer. It was exactly what the warden would have done had he been there. No pleasure out of doing it, just something that needed done.

Like I said - a different era.

Annette - let me give you are more recent example of how reality can conflict with PC. A couple of years ago I was following a guy that hit a deer with his car. I stopped to see if I could help and right behind me one of our town police officer's stopped. The deer was on it's hind quarters with a broken back. It was bleating in pain. I asked the cop to shoot it and she couldn't bring herself to do it. The driver of the car that hit it ended up killing it with a baseball bat. Both of us felt like crap about it but what really amazed us is that a police officer who might be expected to kill a human couldn't shoot a deer to stop it's pain.

Old 05-30-06, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by lexmarks567
Annette said she did not wan't you to explan the details she will faint
yeah, thanks a lot! i didn't faint, but now i can't even eat my lunch!

Originally Posted by Wayne Mitchell
i meant help it BEFORE the dogs did that......when it was just standing there panting. but i guess it all probably happened pretty quickly and/or you'd have gotten attacked yourself.

alrightythen.........that's enough Mutual of Omaha for me. i'm now UNsubscribing to this thread! :~P

Old 06-21-06, 09:27 AM
Hello Heres the update

The cats life is spared but is grounded meaning if the cat is caught outside the owner goes to jail. The owner got 2 years probation and 50 hours of community service

Old 06-17-08, 07:18 AM
Originally Posted by lexmarks567 View Post
Hello Heres the update

The cats life is spared but is grounded meaning if the cat is caught outside the owner goes to jail. The owner got 2 years probation and 50 hours of community service
If that had been a dog, they would have put it down.

It's so funny how cats are allowed freedom to roam like feral creatures, instead of being subjected to leash laws just like dogs. The cats do all kinds of damage to others' property, then we are expected to just allow it to occur without defending our property.

That's why I have a dog, because she keeps them out of my yard and away from my property. If they are stupid enough to tread, she takes care of them and keeps my liability to zero.

Just noticed the last post date, sorry.

Last edited by the_tow_guy; 06-17-08 at 09:07 AM.
Old 06-17-08, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator
MrMustang, this is the kind of talk that bothers an animal lover, so before I or anyone else gets started on this, I'm closing this thread.

Closed Thread