Cat On Death Row

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-06, 09:35 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Exclamation Cat On Death Row

OK i saw this news post on tv and it was about a cat that ATTACKED 2 people when it was let outside it was a tuxsedo cat and the owner is in trouble for letting it out and it attacked 2 people they want the case thrown out but the judge will only do it if the cat is put to death i say the whole thing is BULL and the case should be thrown out what do you say about it did any one else see it was aired here in michigan i say save the cat

Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-06, 04:22 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Reminds me of a paint job i did years ago [town houses]. Some repairs had been made to a recently moved in condo that required paint touch up. The builder had a key but said we better wait until evening because the lady had a mean cat. I razzed him saying surely your'e not afraid of a little cat, so we went in to work. We made it to the kitchen before the cat found us AND ATTACKED!!!! Had the builder not been standing next to a broom I believe we would have been injured

Needless to say, I didn't paint there that day. He talked to the owner and she locked the cat in a bed room so I could return the next day and do the work.

Old 05-25-06, 05:33 AM
So Lex - You're saying that this cat should be allowed to roam free and continue to attack, and injure, people? What would you think if it attacked a young child?
The animal is dangerous and the owner had been previously warned. Since she chose to ignore the problem, the state will resolve it.

Old 05-25-06, 06:14 AM
Group Moderator
Dogs who attack people are put down, why not cats? Ultimately, this is not the fault of the cat, but of the owner. Maybe they should be put down instead?

Old 05-25-06, 06:59 AM
all pet cats should be kept indoors.

Old 05-25-06, 08:01 AM
I agree but that's sometimes easier said than done. We have a couple of neighborhood cats that roam the area (mostly wooded/pasture). I'm sure they do a lot to keep the mouse population in check, but they also leave dead baby rabbits and squirrels on our deck and kill a ton of birds.

Old 05-25-06, 08:07 AM
Originally Posted by Wayne Mitchell
but they also leave dead baby rabbits and squirrels on our deck and kill a ton of birds.
my point exactly. between the snakes & hawks, you don't need cats roaming around, too.

plus they possibly/probably poop in neighbors' flower beds and pee on porches.....and unfortunately, some get hit by cars.

Old 05-25-06, 08:20 AM
Cats are likely the most damaging animal in nature. They should be subject to leash laws and everything else that applies to dogs.

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/fwt/back_...er98/cats.html

http://www.wildbirds.com/protect_cats.htm

and a whole bunch of other sites that say the same thing.

As for the cat in question, fine the people and if they continue to fail to control their cat, destroy it and prohibit them from getting another.

Old 05-25-06, 08:38 AM
good articles!

[keeping cats indoors is] sometimes easier said than done.

i have to disagree - it's perfectly easy. you simply don't let them out.

i had a cat - we kept him in. sure he wanted out, but we didn't let him out. you open the door, you hold the cat back with your foot, you go out the door and keep him in. if he gets out, you grab him & put him back in. it is not rocket science.

Old 05-25-06, 09:55 AM
You're saying that this cat should be allowed to roam free and continue to attack
Thats not what i said please read the post all she has to do is keep the cat inside somthing must have happend for the cat to attack most cats will run when they see people i/ve just never heard of killer cats. we also have a cat that we keep indoors hes a tom cat he used to go out but he got in a BIG fight probley with a dog so after he was fixed he said in the last owner had him declawed so he could not defend himself.

Old 05-25-06, 10:00 AM
We've (my wife - I am not a cat fan) had two cats in 36 years. The first was a blue point that we had for nearly 20 years. The cat never went out of the house. After it died we "rescued" a kitten from the pound. We kept it less than a year. If we didn't let it out it went bonkers. It literally would howl and screech and run around the house including up the drapes and across the mantel damaging all sorts of things. I wanted to shoot the GD thing but we ended up taking it back to the pound.

Old 05-25-06, 10:12 AM
plus they possibly/probably poop in neighbors' flower beds and pee on porches
my moms cat when she was yonger would do its buiness in the nehbors sandbox across the street.

Old 05-25-06, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by lexmarks567
my moms cat when she was yonger would do its buiness in the nehbors sandbox across the street.
yep, that's why new kids' sandboxes come with lids now.

ew. also dangerous - kids can pick up some nasty germs/illnesses that way.

Old 05-25-06, 10:57 AM
Group Moderator
Old 05-25-06, 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by the_tow_guy
HA thats good

Old 05-25-06, 11:20 AM
LOL! That's hilarious!

...j/k...I don't see anything! Is there something on there?

Old 05-25-06, 11:27 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Originally Posted by Annette
Personally I wouldn't have a cat [or any animal] in the house. We have 2 cats and although my wife is allergic she loves the fact that cats keep down the rodent population - especially the wood lizards.

I should probably add that we live in the country and the cats probably never leave the property.

Old 05-25-06, 11:40 AM
do you have windows media player installed on your computer its audio no video

Originally Posted by DIYaddict
LOL! That's hilarious!

...j/k...I don't see anything! Is there something on there?

Old 05-25-06, 11:40 AM
Unbelievable

I saw that story on the AOL splash screen and it kind of blows my mind. With all that goes on in the world it is almost hard to believe that some stupid cat is worthy of national news. It other words who gives a __it? I for one do not. Kill it, declaw it, or keep it the way it is. Why do millions of Americans need to be aware of someones SMALL domestic problem? We have marines dying in Iraq that get less attention. Please people!

Old 05-25-06, 11:44 AM
do you have windows media player installed on your computer its audio no video
OH...dur! Yeah...I turned on my speakers full blast and shut it off quick and now I hear something. Thanks!

I can't listen to it right now...waiting for boss 2 be gone.

Old 05-25-06, 11:50 AM
ANIMEL HATER!!!

Originally Posted by BuiLDPro68
I saw that story on the AOL splash screen and it kind of blows my mind. With all that goes on in the world it is almost hard to believe that some stupid cat is worthy of national news. It other words who gives a __it? I for one do not. Kill it, declaw it, or keep it the way it is. Why do millions of Americans need to be aware of someones SMALL domestic problem? We have marines dying in Iraq that get less attention. Please people!

Old 05-25-06, 11:57 AM
geez......lighten up! it's just a little piece of fluff news to take the edge off all the serious/depressing stuff........

Old 05-25-06, 01:08 PM

I just listened to this and my cat is sitting next to me....she was going crazy trying to firgure out where the cat screaming was

Old 05-25-06, 01:21 PM
ANIMEL HATER!!!
I am not an animel hater or an animal hater either for that matter. I have several pets. None of which I expect to make the news for any reason.

Old 05-25-06, 01:27 PM
That's excellent! It also has the added benifit of cleaning the bowl at the same time!

Old 05-25-06, 02:08 PM
Can I ask what exactly happens to people when they get attacked by cats? Scratches all over? Bites?

Old 05-25-06, 02:22 PM
Lexmark posted
ANIMEL HATER!!!
Not me! I love animals. I love them fried, broiled, sauted, and grilled. In about 20 minutes I'm going to enjoy pieces of an animal that's been marinated, stuck on a skewer and grilled to perfection on my Weber.

Old 05-25-06, 02:22 PM
Group Moderator
Reminds me of an old Steve Martin line, "Gave my cat a bath the other day. I wasn't sure how it would go, but it was okay. The cat really enjoyed it and it wasn't so bad. The hair would stick to my tongue, but........."

Old 05-25-06, 02:26 PM
I know what would happen if a cat attacked me. There would be dead cat parts all over the place.

Old 05-25-06, 02:28 PM
I know what would happen if a cat attacked me. There would be dead cat parts all over the place.
yes see and that would be the end of it. Too cut and dry for the media lol

Old 05-25-06, 02:42 PM
yes see and that would be the end of it. Too cut and dry for the media lol
unfortunately, that would probably make the FRONT PAGE! and then there'd be the animal cruelty charges, and then the trial.....

Old 05-25-06, 02:51 PM
unfortunately, that would probably make the FRONT PAGE! and then there'd be the animal cruelty charges, and then the trial.....
I have the upmost confidence in Mr. mitchell to promptly dispose of the evidence.

Old 05-25-06, 02:58 PM
So no one wins when attacked by a cat then right? Cat hurts people...cat dies...people hurt cat, people get whatever they get for animal cruelty. I think I'll just keep myself indoors where it's safe.

Old 05-25-06, 06:29 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
You got to watch them animal lovers

20 yrs ago a co workers son shot and killed a man in a bar fight. He spent 3 days in jail [self defense] His neighbor shot and killed a dog for continually getting in his garbage can - he got 1 yr jail time.

Makes you wonder - not that I would condone either action.

Old 05-25-06, 07:31 PM
Mark, your story reminded me of something that happened to me a long time ago. I was deer hunting in Northern Maine. It was late in the season and the snow was pretty deep. A doe ran out in front of me and just stood there panting. While I watched a pack of 3 dogs caught up and hamstrung her right there. I shot all three of them. Then I killed the deer. She was so torn up she wouldn't have survived.
I reported the incident to the local F&G warden thinking I was in deep kimchee. Although what I had done was illegal, the warden said that his report would indicate that he had shot the dogs.
I guess things have changed since then.

Old 05-25-06, 11:01 PM
once when i was hunting i had been drinking i shot thought what looked like a deer turned out it was cuzin ricky i said in court i thought he looked like a dear. Thats what you get for driving a brown car with a white liecense plate and a luggage rack those luggage racks look like antlers from the bathroom window they really do

How many of you thought i really did this. this is bull and you can thank Jeff Foworthy for this story.

Last edited by lexmarks567; 05-26-06 at 09:53 AM.
Old 05-26-06, 08:06 AM
turned out it was cosen ricky ....How many of you thought i really did this.
i didn't, but i did spend a good 20 seconds trying to figure out what the heck "cosen" was........geez, if you can't spell, at least write it like it sounds! "cuzin" would've been more obvious.

Old 05-26-06, 08:10 AM
Mark, your story reminded me of something that happened to me a long time ago. I was deer hunting in Northern Maine. It was late in the season and the snow was pretty deep. A doe ran out in front of me and just stood there panting. While I watched a pack of 3 dogs caught up and hamstrung her right there. I shot all three of them. Then I killed the deer. She was so torn up she wouldn't have survived.
I reported the incident to the local F&G warden thinking I was in deep kimchee. Although what I had done was illegal, the warden said that his report would indicate that he had shot the dogs.
couldn't you have helped that deer? or couldn't you have shot the dogs BEFORE they "hamstrung" her (whatever that means - and please don't bother explaining it.....i'm sure i'm better off not knowing!)

for that matter, why exactly DID you shoot the dogs???

Old 05-26-06, 12:24 PM
now that you say that it does not sound like cousin
i didn't, but i did spend a good 20 seconds trying to figure out what the heck "cosen" was........geez, if you can't spell, at least write it like it sounds! "cuzin" would've been more obvious.

Last edited by lexmarks567; 05-27-06 at 02:04 AM.
Old 05-26-06, 12:36 PM

Wayne, who got the back straps, you or the Warden?

DWC

Closed Thread