Those with avatars

Reply

  #1  
Old 06-29-06, 05:24 PM
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Where the cows roam, CA
Posts: 2,204
Those with avatars

Hey ya'll. I was showing my son your guys avatars. The ones of you with the ones with faces, we were wondering...did you pick those particular ones b/c they look somewhat like you??? Just curious! My avatar looks a little like me...considering the choices there were. I have black hair and I'm shy and a female!
 
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 06-29-06, 05:52 PM
nap's Avatar
nap
nap is offline
New Member
Join Date: May 2006
Location: north
Posts: 4,163
Well I surely hope I don't look like my avatar!!

I chose the cow because like bovine, I can be "bull" headed. Bovine also generally don;t get worked up about anything unless you consider the experience I had while walking my cow past McDonalds one day. The smell of cooking burgers just drove him mad. Now I have a "mad cow" on my hands and nobody wants him. I just hope it isn't catchy.

I tend to like the "unattractive" critters in life (except those darn aye-aye's, they are downright ugly) See for yourself:
aye-aye
Because of my love of the odd, my kid went to florida and brought me back a little stuffed dugong:dugong, aka manatee

For fun, they got me a "beanie" type hedgehog, a "beanie" lizard, and the ugliest pink flamingo statuette you can imagine. ( I have an odd interest in pink flamingoes) .

So the cow just sort of fits with my personality

This avatar also reminds me of this flash video I enjoy:cows with guns
 
  #3  
Old 06-30-06, 04:48 AM
mattison's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Cinti, OH
Posts: 5,549
I look dead on my avatar.
 
  #4  
Old 07-02-06, 05:01 AM
the_tow_guy's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: SW Fla USA
Posts: 11,515
Originally Posted by DIYaddict
...did you pick those particular ones b/c they look somewhat like you???
Well, my nose isn't quite that big. Actually mine is from my favorite comic of all time, Bloom County, which no longer runs (although some papers have the sequel, Opus; unfortunately we don't get it).

DIY is shy???
 
  #5  
Old 07-02-06, 05:05 AM
the_tow_guy's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: SW Fla USA
Posts: 11,515
Originally Posted by mattison
I look dead on my avatar.
Had to look REAL close, but yeah you do look dead!
 
  #6  
Old 07-02-06, 08:47 AM
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Where the cows roam, CA
Posts: 2,204
Originally Posted by the_tow_guy
DIY is shy???
Suprised?...I'm shy in person.
 
  #7  
Old 07-03-06, 05:48 AM
the_tow_guy's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: SW Fla USA
Posts: 11,515
Surprised? No, lots of people are painfully shy face-to-face, but more comfortable on-line or on the phone.
 
  #8  
Old 07-03-06, 05:58 AM
mango man's Avatar
Member
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sw FL
Posts: 2,122
Originally Posted by the_tow_guy
Well, my nose isn't quite that big. Actually mine is from my favorite comic of all time, Bloom County, which no longer runs (although some papers have the sequel, Opus; unfortunately we don't get it).

DIY is shy???
hey TOW GUY you can read Opus here http://www.tampabay.com/comics/


my avatar just seemd to fit my locale , lifestyle
 
  #9  
Old 07-03-06, 08:52 AM
the_tow_guy's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: SW Fla USA
Posts: 11,515
Bless you, my son. I usually only get to read it when visiting my Mom in Pinellas County (about the only thing worth reading in the St.Pete mullet wrapper).

Why do all the best strips die? I would kill for the return of Bloom County (daily!) and Calvin & Hobbs.
 
  #10  
Old 07-03-06, 12:15 PM
Member
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 206
Originally Posted by the_tow_guy
Why do all the best strips die? I would kill for the return of Bloom County (daily!) and Calvin & Hobbs.
You listed my two all time favorites

DWC
 
  #11  
Old 07-03-06, 12:38 PM
lexmarks567's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Warren MI
Posts: 610
Originally Posted by the_tow_guy
Bless you, my son. I usually only get to read it when visiting my Mom in Pinellas County (about the only thing worth reading in the St.Pete mullet wrapper).

Why do all the best strips die? I would kill for the return of Bloom County (daily!) and Calvin & Hobbs.
Hay tow_guy I get opus in the saturday ans sunday detroit free press .

BTW My avitater also reflects me cause im on the computer 24/7
 
  #12  
Old 07-03-06, 12:46 PM
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Where the cows roam, CA
Posts: 2,204
Originally Posted by lexmarks567
BTW My avitater also reflects me cause im on the computer 24/7
It suits you Lex. Except I thought it was b/c you get frustrated all the time and hit your head on the computer too much and broke it. I remember your avatar was that one before.
 
  #13  
Old 07-03-06, 12:53 PM
mattison's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Cinti, OH
Posts: 5,549
Originally Posted by the_tow_guy
Had to look REAL close, but yeah you do look dead!

His eyes are blacked out aint they.
 
  #14  
Old 07-03-06, 09:28 PM
lexmarks567's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Warren MI
Posts: 610
Originally Posted by DIYaddict
It suits you Lex. Except I thought it was b/c you get frustrated all the time and hit your head on the computer too much and broke it. I remember your avatar was that one before.
that 2 but the new one looks like my old computer. It was not working right to slow rebooting.I should look for a new avitar.
 
  #15  
Old 07-14-06, 12:11 PM
Annette's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 4,158
i'm secretly (well...not anymore!) in love with Carpets Done Wright! L-O-V-E that avatar!!!!

Perry - don't tell me you don't look exactly like that! it'll break my heart!!!!
 
Reply

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
'