Old 07-03-06, 10:27 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
4th Of july

How many of you have the day off and will be setting off fireworks

I know I will I be

Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-06, 05:20 AM
Group Moderator
I took the day off, but I won't be going anywhere near any fireworks.

Old 07-04-06, 08:59 AM
The 4th ain't about fireworks.

Old 07-04-06, 09:09 AM
nap
Originally Posted by Wayne Mitchell
The 4th ain't about fireworks.
Now why would you say that?

The fireworks are meant as a celebration of our freedom as a nation. Many consider it as a tribute to the fireworks (you know; rockets red glare, bombs bursting in air) that were required to establish our freedom as a nation.

So, yes, it is about fireworks. A lot of them that we are all way too young to have seen first hand.

Old 07-04-06, 09:12 AM
If we don't get rained out there will be t-bones on the grill, watermelon sliced and fireworks a blazing. If we get rained out it will be home made spaghetti and a movie I guess.

Old 07-04-06, 09:33 AM
I never let rain stop me from grilling. Especially, if I could afford T-bones. LOL.
Tomorrow, Lex will probably be looking for treatment for burns and what insurance covers the neighbors house he set on fire.

Old 07-04-06, 09:37 AM
I don't have a covered deck anymore and everytime I think I'm going to get to build one something comes up that takes away my covered deck money.

I'm sure Annettes at a 4th of July shoe sale right about now.

Old 07-04-06, 09:45 AM
I don't have a covered deck either. My grill has a cover and I have an umbrella.
Bet Annette gets some Red, White and Blue shoes.

Old 07-04-06, 03:26 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Yeah they have your falt insurance its your falt you live next to me

Old 07-04-06, 05:21 PM
happy fourth of july ya'll

just as nap posted, my family will be remembering and celebrating our nations birth, prayers for our military located throught the globe and hopes of a successful return and mission of the space shuttle STS-121 and as tradition in our family, there will be plenty of bar-b-que'n, telling jokes, stories, eating too much and thanking god that we live in a country that can provide us, if we use the freedoms that are offered to each and every one of us, life, liberty, and justice for all.

hope everyone has a great Independence Day!!!!

barry

p.s.
annette, the shoe sale papers come out tomorrow

Old 07-05-06, 05:31 AM
John Adams wrote:

"The Second Day of July 1776, will be the most memorable Epocha, in the History of America.- I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated, by succeeding Generations, as the great anniversary Festival. It ought to be commemorated, as the Day of Deliverance by Solemn Acts of Devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with Pomp and Parade, with Shews, Games, Sports, Guns, Bells, Bonfire and Illuminations from one End of this Continent to the other from this Time forward forever more"

I'd say that John was correct in his prediction, just off by two days.

(The resolution adopting the Declaration of Independence was passed on July 2, and on July 4th it was signed.)

One of my peeves is that many people, including myself, and especially stores refer to it as the 4th of July holiday. It is really the United States of America's Independence Day, or Independence Day Holiday. We don't substitute dates for other holidays. Merry December 25th, Happy January 1st, have a good first Monday in September.

Anyway, I try to respond with Happy Independence Day when someone wishes me a Happy 4th. I don't do it sarcastically, just don't want the holiday to loose its identification.

Hope everyone had a great Independence Day.

DWC

Old 07-05-06, 09:40 AM
Had the day off but wish I coulda have another (today). Got lack of sleep so I'm practically good for nothing today. Good thing work has been quiet so far. We had A LOT of fireworks and didn't finish 'til 10:30pm so I didn't get home and to bed 'til 11:30pm. A LOT of people got out of hand with the illegal fireworks so there wer lots of helicopters flying around and trying to spot them out and get 'em. Cops too.

I did stare at the fireworks and thanked God and our people for our freedom and independence. Amen and good night!