Another Nascar Question

Old 07-08-06, 02:54 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Another Nascar Question

What do you guys think about the nextel cup drivers moonlighting in the bush race.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-06, 04:11 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I see nothing wrong with it. Race car drivers have a different job than most people. They race because that is what they want to do. They all started out paying to race and consider themselves fortunate to be able to get paid for what they enjoy most.

When a cup star races in another division it helps that division. More people will watch the race if they know there will be cup drivers in it. Busch drivers get more experience by racing with better drivers.

I do hate to see races won by teams that have out financed the competion but I'm not sure there is a way around that.

Old 07-08-06, 05:20 PM
nextel/busch series drivers

just to add a note to marksr post, by them participating it helps the busch series pit crews, spotters, and crew cheifs to hone thier skills to where they really want to be, nextel cup teams.
truck race coming on now, so have a great weekend.
barry

Old 07-08-06, 06:32 PM
I see nothing wrong with it either but some people do. On this show on speed channel called wind tunnel(live call in talk show) they read letters from fans one guy said if i rember right. Me and my son used to love to watch the bush race but since the nextel cup drivers are racing in it we don't watch it. Thats what the guy said. And hes not the only one a few people don't like the bush race because there are to many nextal cup drivers in it. now I don't care one way or another.

Old 07-09-06, 02:49 PM
Group Moderator
I can certainly understand the ideas mentioned about increasing skill by going up against better competition, but I always hated seeing a cup driver win a busch race because it seemed a little unfair to be driving against lesser qualified opponents. Never bothered me enough, though, to ever try to do something about it.

Old 07-09-06, 03:05 PM
The owner of Nascar discussed this a couple weeks ago on their website. He said that while some did not think it was fair, it brought bigger crowds to the track. Bottom line.....money. I just like to watch them race. Don't care which division they are in.

Old 07-09-06, 03:46 PM
'Double-dipping' might be an applicable term.

Supposedly Nextel is one notch above Busch. But I am not sure whether to buy into this or not. I think there simply are too many drivers to compete in one race, and they invented this system so that it would appear there were two separate divisions that would pull in their own fan bases. Then again, I am a great conspiracy theorist when it comes to most things.

IF Nextel has the best drivers, then Nextel racers should win all the races (if the car holds up) and also go back to their home towns and win dirt track and World of Outlaw races. And they don't many times.

Old 07-10-06, 03:20 AM
Group Moderator
I think the talent level in cup racing is superior to busch, but the rules and the cars are different, so the cup drivers don't have the total advantage because the situation is a little different than what they're used to.

How about Gordon spinning out Kenseth yesterday to win?

Old 07-10-06, 05:17 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Originally Posted by mitch17
Yesterday was one time I was glad I didn't get to see the end of the race. If I had seen that live I would of blown my stack - blood pressure thru the roof - maybe Dr. Mitch to the rescue

Good point about the rules/cars being different. Most drivers with many miles on both a track and type of car have an advantage over a better driver who has not drove either.

Old 07-10-06, 07:45 AM
cant win them all...if someone races Nascar style cars..they may not win in the auto scrubber 500 we hold from time to time...pit stops include pad changes and refills/dumps

final look of their hall is also included in the win

Old 07-10-06, 08:18 AM
Another Nascar Question

NASCAR - cousin to the WWF, etc.

Dick

Old 07-10-06, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by mitch17
I think the talent level in cup racing is superior to busch, but the rules and the cars are different, so the cup drivers don't have the total advantage because the situation is a little different than what they're used to.

Was it in turn 4 on the last lap? If so...someone has to do something about that dirty-pool tactic. I recently saw Paul Menard (hometown guy/son of our own billionaire John Menard)keep control of his car when I think Harvick tried to spin him out on turn 4 of the last lap in hopes of edging Menard out for the victory. Well, the tables turned and Harvick? in turn was spun out by someone behind him, as HE was trying to spin out Menard. Menard won the Busch race at the Milwaukee Mile.

Old 07-10-06, 05:54 PM
nap
Originally Posted by DaVeBoy
Was it in turn 4 on the last lap? If so...someone has to do something about that dirty-pool tactic. I recently saw Paul Menard (hometown guy/son of our own billionaire John Menard)keep control of his car when I think Harvick tried to spin him out on turn 4 of the last lap in hopes of edging Menard out for the victory. Well, the tables turned and Harvick? in turn was spun out by someone behind him, as HE was trying to spin out Menard. Menard won the Busch race at the Milwaukee Mile.
This alone is one of the biggest reasons I prefer open wheel racing over Nascar and its' feeder series.

If you bump tires on open wheel, you have as good of chance of flipping your car as doing anything to the other guy.

Racing at 200mph and able to safely(??) rub another guys car is one thing but racing as 200mph 4 or 5 inches apart realizing that if you bump wheels, you have a VERY good chance of spinning. Now THAT is racing.

The previous comment does not include F1 racing which is often/usually won in the time trials for starting placement.

and does that mean you are a cheesehead Dave???

Old 07-10-06, 06:04 PM
Group Moderator
Sounds like Dave is in Eau Claire, WI and is therefore probably a cheesehead.

Old 07-10-06, 06:20 PM
Cheesehead? Well, I guess if others in the country want to coin that on us. But I would no more wear a slice of Cheese on my head than wear a bag of s*** on my head (I put in the asterisks in advance of the board doing it for me. ) And I don't like our state quarter either. They make it look we are only a farming state. And people equate farmers to Hee Haw-ish hicks...unfortunately. We have a cow, cheese and corn on our quarter (that's it). We are not number 1 in corn (I don't believe.) You'd think that honor and picture would be on one of the states to our west or southswest). But we are number one in cranberries for the last number of years, and we are the home of Frank Lloyd Wright, the summer headquarters of The Ringling Bros. Circus, we have over 12,500 lakes and we have the world's largest chain of lakes and many neat resorts to go with it, and we are known for brats and beer, the Birkebeiner ski race, World Championship snowmobile Derby, explorers Marquette and Jolliette, the famous Dells rock formations along the Wisconsin River at the Wisconsin Dells. Manitowoc and BE cranes and heavy machinery and ship building, Briggs and Stratton, Tecumseh, Johnson Wax (a family Company) maker of Raid, Glade, Pledge and much more, Harley Davidson, West Bend and Presto cookware, Oscar Mayer weiners/lunchmeats...and much much more inthe industrial scene. Beautiful Door County and the Apostle Islands. The national record holder in shot deer. (They could have shown a dead deer on the quarter with an arrow through it's neck. ) I could go on. Oh ya...let's not forgot that UW-Madison is the nations number 1 party school...and that they rank up there with Berkley, as far as being a whacked-out liberal school. And let's not forget other noteriety like Ed Gein and Jeffrey Dahmer. And (gay) Liberace (now deceased) was from Milwaukee, as is Bob Ueker.