What's with developing bulging bloodvessels?!

Old 07-09-06, 02:31 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
What's with developing bulging bloodvessels?!

I had a girl tell me "Ewwwww...your blood vessels stick out!". I swear! How maddening.

I don't think I had them as a baby. I don't think babies or young kids have them. But as men, in particular, age, they can get bulging blood vessels especially in the arms and back of the hands. Mine REALLY stick out. Like they could explode. And my one artery sticks out nd you can see my heart beat! The bulging vessels are more pronounced when i get hot or my blod pressure is high. How disgusting. I believe this is another curse from God, just like losing my hair ontop.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-06, 02:43 PM
Group Moderator
A lot of stored body fat is immediately beneath the skin, called subcutaneous fat. If you're lean, as a lot of young males are, the fat layer is thin enough that you can see the blood vessels. Working out will cause them to grow bigger and be more noticable. They also temporarily enlarge due to increased blood pressure and will engorge with blood when you are warm as a cooling mechanism. Nothing worng with bulging veins, good luck with Ewwww girl.

Old 07-09-06, 03:41 PM
Well, I am quite lean. I think my bmi is 19.5.

So... baby fat was in essense hiding what the future was to unfold for me?

Ewww girl kinda likes me anyway...I think...to some sort of degree or another. Some of the little kids though want to take my hat off in front of her and I won't let them. One came up to me the other day and said, "Your bald!" Another kid came up to me one day and asked why I had this lump on my cheek. (A raised mole). Another kid watched me brush my teeth one day and he wanted to see my teeth and I wouldn't let him lest he go and tell the girl I had missing teeth in the back.

Old 07-09-06, 04:48 PM
nap
Don't know how old you are Dave but your skin also thins as you get older which makes the veins more visible. If you look at body builders, you will norice they usually have very visible veins, even the females. If you remove the sub q fat, they become very pronounced, especially when supported by firm muscle from below.

Kind of strange question Dave, but why are little kids watching you brush your teeth?? Not that it in itself is a bad thing, it's just that I brush mine in the bathroom where little kids (unless they are my kin) would be out of place. I doubt I would feel comfortable with the kith watching though.

As far as the bald thing goes; I have a friend from school that started losing it at 16 and you think you have it bad!

The lump thing; if you haven't had it checked by a dermatologist, it would be a good idea to do so. Some of those things end up being cancerous. Best thing is to be sure.

Last edited by nap; 07-09-06 at 05:33 PM.
Old 07-10-06, 05:59 PM
Nap,

I am a 20 year old 53 year old.

Muscle bound women with bulging veins is not a big turn-on for me.

Thinning skin? Is that something with 'aging'? If so, then I don't have that.

I live next to a family I am very close with and the kids come over all the time. They are at that curious age and are comparing how *I* go about these tasks compared to their parents. That is all I show them in the bathroom. And there is no talk of bodily functions or anything like that.

I bought my 69 Chevelle from a guy who was bald on top like a cue ball at 19.

The lump is not that big and has little color to it. It is like those raised moles I see actors have like...oh, what's his name that starred in 'Meet the Parents' and 'Midnight Run' and others. And dogs even have those moles on their cheeks...especially German Shephards. It is not irregular or dis/multi-colored.

Old 07-10-06, 06:54 PM
nap
I am a 20 year old 53 year old.
Like they say, you are as young as you feel. It's great that you feel 20. Y

Muscle bound women with bulging veins is not a big turn-on for me.
The last woman body builder I thought was hot was Rachel MacLeish (sp?) she was very well toned and defined without being bulked up. Some of the gals (????) of today scare the dickins out of me.

Thinning skin? Is that something with 'aging'? If so, then I don't have that.
As skin ages, it loses elasticity. That is why all the make up companies are selling collagen. That is part of the elasticity of the skin. It is normal for a person your age to have some thinning. Actually it would be unusual if you didn't.

I live next to a family I am very close with and the kids come over all the time. They are at that curious age and are comparing how *I* go about these tasks compared to their parents. That is all I show them in the bathroom. And there is no talk of bodily functions or anything like that.
Didn't mean to infer something if it isn't there and I'm glad to hear that it isn't. On another website I frequent, there was actually a child molester online looking for legal advice to get him out of his predicament. In the netherworld we know as the internet, it is impossible to really know another.

The lump is not that big and has little color to it. It is like those raised moles I see actors have like...oh, what's his name that starred in 'Meet the Parents' and 'Midnight Run' and others. And dogs even have those moles on their cheeks...especially German Shephards. It is not irregular or dis/multi-colored.
Robert Deniro??

Just a word of caution, nothing more. I have known folks that did not consider the possibility of cancer and then later found out it was. Early detection is the best chance of beating cancer. I have had people very close to me that beat cancer because of this and I have known some that past away because they did not prescribe to the idea. While I am an electrician and I do pretty well at that, I wouldn;t expect my doc to wire his house and I don;t diagnose my own illnesses (at least the possibly serious ones)

Search this Thread