Muscles are out ~ being 'hot' is in?

Old 07-11-06, 04:13 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Muscles are out ~ being 'hot' is in?

Maybe I am just out of touch or live in the wrong state. But around here, and from what I can tell on tv, the girls go more for the guys that act sure of themselves, have nice toned (but not huge muscles with veins sticking out) body, lots of hair that can be spiked or is full and maybe shoulder length or other, and wear choker chains and stuff which give a tip off that they themselves think they are cool... and like to have fun/party.

When I was in high school and couldn't hardly lift 60 pounds over my head, I decided it was time to work out with weights. Then later I learned that not all girrls go for muscle-bound guys that walk around where their arms can't hang straight down and walk as though they have a corn cob stuck up their a**, as my cousin used to say. Sort of like the depiction of our state's very own "Bucky Badger".

But I wouldn't doubt that the Frankie Avalon-Annette Funicello beach scene days (with Arnold Schwartzenegger wannabes working out on the beach) still exist in southern California. Or...maybe not as much so? Does anybody know?

Last edited by DaVeBoy; 07-11-06 at 05:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-06, 04:50 PM
ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But see...it got you to watch the show right? That's what this world's all about! Just like looking in magazines...same thing. That's why I try not to look in magazines or watch 'em dumb shows or believe any of that stuff.

Don't worry, after us girls get over the fact that all the nice bod guys with spiked hair, nice teeth, nice dressing style, etc...are all DUMB...we move on to reality. j/k

I guess some are like that and some aren't.

Old 07-11-06, 06:08 PM
Group Moderator
Everybody has different tastes. I always liked the muscular look on women, but I think I'm in the minority on that one.

Old 07-11-06, 06:23 PM
Ahhhh. So YOU'RE the one causing women to want to pursue body building, ehhhhh?

I used to go for blondes...then brunettes...then tanned girls...now I'm into lilly-white skinned ones thinking they won't have destroyed skin when they get older. The lady who bought my parents house gardened everyday and my mom said she got a hide on her, like leather.

Old 07-11-06, 07:41 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
It is more about personality/values than looks - if I had only learned that earlier.

Of course you know what they say

beauty is only skin deep but ugly runs clear to the bone

Old 07-11-06, 08:36 PM
Group Moderator
Originally Posted by marksr
It is more about personality/values than looks - if I had only learned that earlier.

Of course you know what they say

beauty is only skin deep but ugly runs clear to the bone
Beauty is what attracts you to a person, but character and personality are what keep you.

Old 07-12-06, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by mitch17
Beauty is what attracts you to a person, but character and personality are what keep you.
Amen to that! I totally agree with that.

Old 07-12-06, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by mitch17
A person really has to experience whatever pleasure though that the person expects to get. No amount of preaching by others is going to help. Someone can tell you that once the sex-part wears off, then the marriage will fall flat on it's face unless there is other stuff to hold it together. But hey...wouldn't you rather have 5 good years with Pam Anderson as opposed to 50 years with (thinking)...the ugly one on Sex and the City? Then after those 5 years are up, you could try out someone else that turns your crank. Etc.

Old 07-12-06, 05:35 PM
Group Moderator
I understand what you're saying, but that's the difference in thought process between people who stay single and those who choose to get married (I am not implying one is better than the other, they're just different). A by-choice single person is usually thinking about the best deal right now, whereas the likely to marry is thinking about a lifelong companion. Neither is right, just right for an individual person and you can, of course, change your mind - I never thought about getting married until I met the woman I actually did marry.

Old 07-13-06, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by DaVeBoy
But hey...wouldn't you rather have 5 good years with Pam Anderson as opposed to 50 years with (thinking)...the ugly one on Sex and the City? Then after those 5 years are up, you could try out someone else that turns your crank. Etc.
WHAT???!!! Booooooo That's what drives some women crazy. Thinking they have to be like Pam Anderson or whoever on the cover of magazines, etc. to please a boy...I mean a "man"...to make them happy, to keep them happy...so they won't leave. Kind of really sad.

Some of this stuff drive gals to suicide or depression or turning to drugs, alcohol or bad diets, etc.

Old 07-14-06, 04:40 AM
Group Moderator
Pamela Anderson??? Couldn't you have come up with somebody a LITTLE more appealing???

Old 07-14-06, 04:45 AM
Just remember. Let's keep this family friendly.

I had muscles when I met my wife but that's not what she liked. It was that I was this cool dude that liked Guns -n- Roses.