Is one 'being clueless' akin to one having a lower I.Q.?

Old 07-11-06, 04:25 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Is one 'being clueless' akin to one having a lower I.Q.?

While driving down the grocery store's parking lot street in front of the store, some guy, with a trail of cars waiting, was casually walking along across the street, like there was no tomorrow,...diagonally. Duh.Didn't that guy take a geometry math course?

Then I put down gravel in mobile home parking sites only to have people mow the grass next to the gravel, with the mower turned so the grass shoots over to the gravel, (looks ugly) decomposes and creates a soil for grass and weeds to grow in the gravel! Duh.

How about when the road has room enough for two cars and there is enough road width like a lane, on the right that would allow the car in front of you to get over to the right, when making a right hand turn, so that the cars following behind him/her do not have to slow down. But noooooo. The person is cluelsess...a moron...or both.

And you do know that a moron is a smart idiot...right? And that there is a pecking order between the terms imbecile, idiot and moron? Oops.. I gave some of it away in my 1st sentence of this paragraph.

Help me make a real interesting thread out of this and come up with stuff that people do that you would swear that people should have some kind of clue about.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-06, 05:07 PM
Edited
Deleted

Last edited by lexmarks567; 07-12-06 at 10:03 PM.
Old 07-11-06, 06:03 PM
Group Moderator
Lots of different reasons: ignorance, stupidity, apathy,...

I just love those stupid questions, but especially the answers someone who thinks quickly on their feet can provide.

Old 07-11-06, 07:33 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Originally Posted by mitch17
especially the answers someone who thinks quickly on their feet can provide.

Wished I was blessed that way - I usually wake up later and think I should of said..........

Old 07-11-06, 08:37 PM
Group Moderator
Originally Posted by marksr
Wished I was blessed that way - I usually wake up later and think I should of said..........
The really sad part for me is I just thought of something a couple months ago when the situation itself was twenty years ago. Talk about slow!

Old 07-12-06, 10:40 AM
I'm totally offended! I'm one of those people!...sometimes... I guess those words would be accurately correct, but a positive way of looking at it could be...

Sometimes the words just come out wrong and/or you take it differently b/c you're upset already.

Sometimes...people LOVE being sarcastic when you have absolutely no time or care for sacrcasim.

Sometimes...people do weird things and we assume they're stupid or a moron, etc. but then we really don't know what's going on in their mind or in their life or what really happened.

THEN...yeah...some people are just plain "stupid". Perhaps too much smoking killed their brain.

Old 07-12-06, 02:59 PM
Lexmark, you should not be quoting Jeff Foxworthy and Bill Invalls. They may not like you using their material. Heard ALL of those in one Blue Collar Comedy Special.

Old 07-12-06, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by majakdragon
Lexmark, you should not be quoting Jeff Foxworthy and Bill Invalls. They may not like you using their material. Heard ALL of those in one Blue Collar Comedy Special.
sigh.....I'll delete it then

Last edited by lexmarks567; 07-12-06 at 10:04 PM.
Old 07-12-06, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by marksr
I'm often that way with confrontational arguments. It's only afterwards I wished that I was able to think of the perfect analogy I thought of, right after we parted.

Some cocky big oaf of a guy who was picking up the girl next door saw me pulling weeds in the gravel and mocked me for wasting my time, and I was dumbstruck that he would even have the nerve to address me the way he did, owning the rentals...And afterwards I wished I had told him that people wash dishes even though they get dirty again, or mow the grass only to have it get long again.

And how do yo respond to an ignoramous that says something like,... when I first said that it looks better because it is gravel and I want it to look like gravel, and he said to me that he would rather walk on weeds because it feels better on the feet.

Old 07-12-06, 05:28 PM
Group Moderator
Every once in a while I'll manage to get a great reply out immediately, then I tell everybody else about it for a long time afterward. I just told my wife about one I had nine years ago.

Yeah, I wonder why she stays with me, too.

Old 07-13-06, 02:04 PM
Everyone thinks of the perfect come back after it already happend.

Old 07-13-06, 11:53 PM
tae
saw me pulling weeds in the gravel and mocked me for wasting my time,
maybe he meant you should of used spray instaead of pulling?

and he said to me that he would rather walk on weeds because it feels better on the feet.
That's just an opinion, no big deal. You could agree but say it sells better looking clean, or say it's how you get out your frustrations from listening to whiny/loud/non paying renters all the time.

Old 07-14-06, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by DaVeBoy
And how do yo respond to an ignoramous that says something like,... when I first said that it looks better because it is gravel and I want it to look like gravel, and he said to me that he would rather walk on weeds because it feels better on the feet.
this isn't a matter of intelligence. this is a class issue.

obviously this guy has no class and doesn't understand the basics of respecting & taking care of things & taking pride in keeping something looking nice. you could've looked at the girl & said "Well, honey, i guess that gives you a glimpse into the future as to what you can expect your yard to look like if you lived with this piece of trash." ...but can you run fast?

clearly, there was nothing you could've said to someone like him. he probably lives in a place that looks like a junk yard and doesn't care at all.