Will intentionally holding your eyes widen open prevent beady eyes...

Old 07-11-06, 04:30 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Will intentionally holding your eyes widen open prevent beady eyes...

...when you are 90? Ever see 90+ year old's eyes?

I got the idea for this thread while in the grocery store a couple hours ago. This woman was on her way out and I couldn't help but notice her great big huge eyes. She was holding them way open, like one would do if you saw a ghost. But I like great big eyes on women and this got me thinking that if people intentionally did this, like she did, that maybe their eyes wouldn't start closing up on them when they got older.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-06, 05:43 PM
There are many factors that weigh into how well one's face ages--sun, lifestyle, overactive facial muscles, and others. Overactive facial muscles, especially among those who have very emotionally expressive faces, can result in facial lines. A regimen of facial exercises can also produce opposite than desired results.

There is no doubt that gravity keeps pulling on our bodies as we age. Loss of fat beneath skin and behind the eyeballs as one ages also factors into facial sags and folds. Sagging of skin above the eyes can make eyes look smaller.

To continually walk around with an element of surprise on one's face would be exhausting and unnatural. Forcing the eyes upward in an effort to make eyes look bigger would tend to force forehead skin upward and wrinkle the skin even moreso than what occurs naturally. Thus, bangs are often styled to cover the forehead.

Many are, however, not aware of their facial expressions, such as frowning due to worry or anxiety; and after years of bad facial habits, there is no doubt they can take a toll on facial muscle structure.

The woman with the 'like she saw a ghost' expression, could have had underlying physical reasons, such as thyroid disease for the wide-eyed expression. It is also possible that she has a good plastic surgeon. Or, she could simply could have just aged well due to many factors such as heredity, lifestyle, attitude and outlook.

Old 07-11-06, 05:59 PM
Group Moderator
You have got WAY too much time on your hands, DB.

Old 07-11-06, 06:00 PM
Group Moderator
Dave - what's with all the questions lately? Too much time on your hands?

To put it simply, the answer to your question is most likely not. But, as twelvepole said, there are lots of reasons why and therefore lots of different solutions to the problem.

Old 07-11-06, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by the_tow_guy
You have got WAY too much time on your hands, DB.
Wel, I have enough at the end of each day to sit here and come up with such stuff. And you guys have enough time on your hands to sit here and read it.

Some of you guys and gals have a family to go home to that I'm sure occupies not only your actual time but your thoughts as you wonder about their well being and other natural concerns, and you have to make plans and stuff. I live like a hermit and ponder on things and try to invent, modify, experiment, write companies, the government, newspapers, and tend to my rentals where when I am mowing I have time to think also.

Old 07-11-06, 06:17 PM
twelvepole,

Excellent post that sounds like there is a lot of knowledge behind what you have said. I can't even ever remember reading any article that so thoroughly, yet consisely explains the answer to what I asked. Very good. A+...if I was a school teacher, grading.

Old 07-11-06, 06:49 PM
Talking

Daveboy...you get me laughing all time. Not to make fun of your questions of course. And 12pole was very good with her response as agreed.

Just a thought...you could always test and experiment and hold your eyes way big and let us know! lol

Funny, as I was reading your thread...I was actually, literally opening my eyes wide open!

Old 07-12-06, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by mitch17
Dave - what's with all the questions lately? Too much time on your hands?

To put it simply, the answer to your question is most likely not. But, as twelvepole said, there are lots of reasons why and therefore lots of different solutions to the problem.
Since there are other people giving quality answers back to inquiring posters, and since I just found out that this board had a chat forum, I thought I'd give this a try for a while. I'll probably cut back on starting new threads, even though I am full of ideas.

Old 07-12-06, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by DIYaddict
Daveboy...you get me laughing all time. Not to make fun of your questions of course. And 12pole was very good with her response as agreed.

Just a thought...you could always test and experiment and hold your eyes way big and let us know! lol

Funny, as I was reading your thread...I was actually, literally opening my eyes wide open!
I am certain that that woman who had the bug eyes going there was making a concerted effort to keep her eyes open all the way. She, like eye...I mean *I* probably don't want beady eyes either.

Ever notice how Kenny Rogers looks now? I suppose one could search engine about him because I thought *I* was the only one who really took notice of his change in looks...his beady eyes. But some other celeb on some show mentioned about...'what's up with how Kenny Rogers looks now?'

Old 07-12-06, 04:56 PM
No...don't hold back! I like your threads.

Old 07-12-06, 05:19 PM
Group Moderator
Kenny Rogers has had a lot of plastic surgery in the last few years, so he's probably not a good example anymore.

Old 07-12-06, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by DIYaddict
No...don't hold back! I like your threads.
Really? Okay then.

Old 07-13-06, 09:24 AM
Whoops. I spoke too soon.

Old 07-14-06, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by twelvepole
It is also possible that she has a good plastic surgeon.
no, if she had a GOOD one, she'd look like this .

no, it sounds to me like she had a very BAD plastic surgeon! did she look sorta like this ???