Bowling

Old 07-12-06, 04:57 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Bowling

Who likes bowling and have been on leages I've been on a few and won a few I like the end of season pizza party where you got the pay off MONEY MONEY MONEY

Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-06, 05:11 PM
I used to bowl on Saturdays with a friend after we got paid for our paper routes. I was never able to get a 200 game, though. He had several. He told me once that anything I could do, he could do better...and he could. He out drove me once in golf, using my putter for a driver. I used my driver; he used my puter. I am not kidding. He could actually drive a golfball at age 17... 340 or more yards with no wind and no downhill. I am not kidding. He could reach moderate-long par 5's with a drive and 7-9 iron. He could hit his 9 iron about 185. And no he did not cheat and hit it low. it skied real high the way a 9-iron should go! His ball would take off like a rocket and make a jet engine sound through the air. I am not kidding.

In bowling...yes, back to bowling...sorry to hijack your thread there...he could roll a real nice hook. I was lucky mine would just go straight!

Old 07-12-06, 05:18 PM
Group Moderator
I used to bowl quite a bit at a steep discount because a buddy ran the building the alley was in. Then he up and joined the Air Force and now I don't bowl anymore. I know where my ball is in the crawlspace in my house, but I'm not sure I can even get to it anymore.

Old 07-12-06, 08:17 PM
used to bowl on Saturdays with a friend after we got paid for our paper routes. I was never able to get a 200 game, though

My highest game in Regular bowling is 160 In 9 pin no tap(thats where if you knock down 9 pins on the first ball it counts as a strike) was a 288

Old 07-13-06, 08:30 AM
Group Moderator
We sponsor a team so, naturally, my business partner and I bowl on it. He's the better bowler, but I can hold my own. Rolled a career high series last season of 630, but that was only my third 600 series. I average around 175. My high game is a 255, but that was open bowling when I was about 17; my high game sanctioned I think is a 238 (sorry, lex).

Old 07-13-06, 08:52 AM
I bowl for fun probably once a year. I don't keep score (don't know how to, nor care too since I miss most of the time ). It really is fun though. My goal usually is to just knock "something" down.

Old 07-13-06, 02:37 PM
I bowled for years. Started in High School and did it for probably 20 years. Bowled in two leagues a week. Never took it too seriously. Carried around a 165 average. Had my ups and downs. Best game was a 268. Got the 100 over average patch from ABC. Just got too expensive so I got away from it. The beer frames were more than the bowling and the headaches on a workday morning were just not worth it. My ball and shoes are in the closet. I use a 4 finger ball (small finger hole gives me more spin). Would probably pull a muscle if I even attempted to bowl now.

Old 07-13-06, 07:17 PM
Group Moderator
The guy who actually ran the bowling alley in the building where my buddy worked was a super bowler. He was just screwing around one day and threw 12 consecutive strikes. There were only two of us who saw it and it obviously didn't count as a perfect game, but we were pretty awestruck.

Old 07-13-06, 08:29 PM
DaVeBoyI was lucky mine would just go straight!:wall
It also depends on the type of bowling ball you use. Those cheap plastic balls the bowling allys pass out when you win or you buy at a super market for 40 bucks won't hook.

Old 07-14-06, 12:01 AM
tae
My highest game in Regular bowling is 160 In 9 pin no tap(thats where if you knock down 9 pins on the first ball it counts as a strike) was a 288
Sounds like you need to work on picking up that spare!

Old 07-14-06, 04:21 AM
Group Moderator
Tell you one thing; my bowling enjoyment went WAY WAY WAY up when the bowling alleys had to go smokeless.

Old 07-14-06, 10:20 AM
bowling??? i'd rather get a sharp stick in the eye! for 3 reasons: (#3) i loathe being around smoke (i didn't know any of them were non-smoking now!?), (#2) can't bowl without breaking artificial nails, (and #1 - you know it's coming...) HIDEOUS previously-worn-by-Lord-only-knows-who shoes!!!!

Old 07-14-06, 10:47 AM
Can't remember my scores at all but I have a couple trophies for high singles and triples while in high school. That was 30 plus years ago and I think everyone won something. Went in a beer league for about 3 years.....scores didn't seem to matter to anyone. Too many late nights, wrecked body and hangovers so I quit. Dont miss those days at all. The smoke used to kill me.

I have a Homer Simpson bowling shirt I wear when I do go!

Nowadays you can't smoke in public places including bowling alleys. Life is great!

Speaking of shoes. Annette, you need a pair. Never know when you might find yourself sliding down some alley with a bowling ball in your hand. Cant see anything with high heels though

Old 07-14-06, 11:27 AM
You can;t smoke it public places anymore
that as not taken FULL effect here in michigan. You can still smoke in bowling allys bars etc.

Old 07-14-06, 05:09 PM
Group Moderator
How did I know that this thread would eventually get to Annette and shoes?

Old 07-17-06, 08:36 AM
oh yea......(#4) being tortured by the sight of guys wearing Homer Simpson shirts.

Old 07-17-06, 05:55 PM
What have some of you bowlers bowled as career strikes in a row? I know that I have done at least 3 in a row on several occasions and it seems like I could have done 5 once...but can't remember for sure.

Search this Thread