Conundrum: You have mobile homes getting charged flat water rates, but....

Old 07-12-06, 06:17 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Conundrum: You have mobile homes getting charged flat water rates, but....

...the old fart in the court who lives by himself is getting others like him all riled, that they should pay less than the family of 5 down the way.

I counter his argument with the rationale that costs are equalized among all (like car or health insurance...just like I have paid in thousands and not even collected!)so that no ONE household has to pay a lot for lot rent (water included). And that if meters were hooked up for everyone, that the lot rents WOULD have to be increased because the meters would cost into the thousands to be installed.

You see...he has heard that the city water rates are soon to go way up, and he figures the lot rent will be increased. (He is right. They WILL be. ) And HE thinks that for him, there shoud be no increase because he is just one guy, and even tries to conserve.

HE offered to pay to have his own meter installed and I am thinking about this. Also thinking more on his general argument, as stated.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-06, 06:39 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
[QUOTE=DaVeBoyHE offered to pay to have his own meter installed and I am thinking about this. Also thinking more on his general argument, as stated.[/QUOTE]

I bet he wouldn't where I live - they just increased new taps from $500 to $800

Personally I think a lot has to do with how much the landlord is charging for the water. My youngest son has a MH in a park and the landlord charges outrageously for water. My son [single] pays 3x what I do for water [same water co.] I can't wash his MH or deck because that is a $25 surcharge. Also no exterior spigots are allowed.

The landlord told me that he loses money on the water bill, that he kicks in $100 every month that he's not reimbursed for. With what he charges, I find that hard to believe although I do understand that some will not fix leaky spigots if they aren't charged for it.

I'll be glad when my son finds suitable land to move his MH on. What he pays to live in the park would more than cover land payments. Biggest problem is finding affordable land that is zoned for a single wide.