Pet peeves

Old 07-19-06, 10:16 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Pet peeves

OK the post we all been waiting for A post about pet pevs

Heres my pet peeves

People who point to there wrist and ask for the time.I know where I watch is pal weres yours.

People who ask did you see that No I spent $9 to go to a movie threater and stare at the floor.

People who say Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it to? Darn right what good is cake if you can't eat it.

People who say it was in the last place I looked. No kidding why would you look for somthing after you already found it.Do people do this who and where are they

I had 9 of them but I can't remember the rest.

Last edited by DIYaddict; 07-20-06 at 04:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-06, 04:31 PM
Pet peeves:

When members spell words incorrectly (and then it bothers me so much that I'd have to go and look it up in the dictionary b/c looking at the word spelled wrong makes me forget how to spell it!)

When people say they are going to call you back and never do (especially if they are your loved ones!)

When people are late with no good reason.

When people say they'll do something and never do.

When people don't use the common sense they have (but I'm thinking some people don't have common sense!)

(BTW: I tried really hard making sure I didn't spell a wrong word here. Otherwise I'd look foolish!)

Old 07-20-06, 08:05 PM
pet peeves

some of them is, my toilet is running (take a picture, it is sure to make the news).
my dish washer is leaking (use only detergent that was designed for dishwashers).
something is rattling in my garbage disposal(live .45 cal round).
my a/c isn't working ( flip the switch to a/c).
my heat isn't working(flip the switch to heat).
this hasn't worked for days, but i decided to call you at two in the morning and to say it is an emergency call.
where is the nearest target, staples, bestbuy,compusa store etc. on an emergency pager.
all my power just went out(trying to see if a dryer plug works into the receptical before wiring it to said dryer).
this just a few, more to come, or you can just use your imagination.

barry

Old 07-21-06, 03:56 PM
I hate laws that are written where they don't enforce them enough. Then if you get caught, you feel like you are unfairly singled out. I also hate it when the courts let one guy or gal get off with a few days or months jail, while someone else, where the crime reported is virtually the same, gets 40 years. I clipped something out and it's on my dashboard. Be back in in a jiff.

Okay...some local 79 year old got 1 year jail and probation for allowing neighbor girls to "play with" (that is what the newspaper said. And I howled with laughter) his thing, for about 5 years!!! Most guys engaging in such activity with minors have the book thrown at them!!!!

A (probably good looking) lady was given only a fine for stealing checks out of mailboxes. What???!!! This is supposed to be a felony and up to $10,000 fine per offense!!! What????!!!!

Old 07-21-06, 04:00 PM
How funny....

I'm picturing DaVeBoy running out right now really excited...

Old 07-21-06, 04:12 PM
Hey DaVeBoy

How'd ya do that? You ran faster than I typed my 1st post!

Anyway...
Originally Posted by DaVeBoy
IOkay...some local 79 year old got 1 year jail and probation for allowing neighbor girls to "play with" (that is what the newspaper said. And I howled with laughter) his thing, for about 5 years!!! Most guys engaging in such activity with minors have the book thrown at them!!!!

A (probably good looking) lady was given only a fine for stealing checks out of mailboxes. What???!!! This is supposed to be a felony and up to $10,000 fine per offense!!! What????!!!!
That's kind of how this world works and you think all people in the law enforcement are perfect and good? (I know, you probabaly don't) but we wouldn't be complaining if we were like that good looking lady right? I kinda "get the picture" about some stuff and don't care to try and understand it b/c there's really nothing you can do about it. You're either going to be really blessed or really screwed.

Old 07-21-06, 04:57 PM
I hate it when, on those cleaning product informercials, you just know that they goobered up the stove or toilet with something that even water could remove. Do they think we are all morons or what?

Old 07-21-06, 05:00 PM
I hate it when, on those cleaning product informercials, you just know that they goobered up the stove or toilet with something that even water could remove. Do they think we are all morons or what?
Also when they make the product that its replaceing look harder to use than it really is. And that the person useing the product they advertise on tv they are all smiles and laughing at how easy it is to use.GRRRRR I want to throw a shoe at the TV but then Annette would have me arrested for shoe abuse.

Old 07-21-06, 05:07 PM
I hate it when I watch spelling bees and the contestants aren't given the same words to spell. Idiots. Put each contestant in a soundproof booth and have each contestant spell the same words the other contestants do. Rather than going in and out of booths umpteen times...have each contestant spell 5 or so words in a row. The ones who get the most advance. Etc.

Old 07-21-06, 05:41 PM
I hate it when TV stations join a program already in progress it could be a concert of a movie that won't be back on again for 2 years.There was this concert my mom wanted to get we tried 5 times to get and each time they joined in progress with about 2 songs left.

What about nascar. They want to crack down on drivers doing back filps off the car or going onto the infeld grass and do a grass angel.come on let the drivers have fun.

NBA players will now be fined if wereing jewlery outside the arena. Give me a break.

Kid wheres a shirt and the school bans him so he sues the school and wins.GRRRRR.

Old 07-21-06, 05:49 PM
Or when the radio stations have determined it be best to play 12 songs in a row, commercials free. Then they have 10 minutes of commercials in a row. Grrrrr. And *I* just so happen to be in the commercials sequence when I hop in my car to get to another job, wanting to hear some music and never hear one song, even after driving for miles!

Old 07-21-06, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by lexmarks567
NBA players will now be fined if wereing jewlery outside the arena.
And then there was Dennis Rodman. Ha. Used to love to see what that guy would do next...on the court, or what color his hair would be, or all the jewels and rings and piercings and tattoos revealed on talk shows, etc. I'd like to see him return.

Old 07-21-06, 05:55 PM
Or when your in line and the person in front of you starts paying by cash then does not have enough and starts digging for $5 in change then decides to pay by check

Old 07-21-06, 06:37 PM
Or that they advertise a product on TV but they don't tell you what its for.

That the power goes out on the HOTTEST day at the hottest time of the day

That you loan people money but don't get it back.

you cut the grass and 2 days later its 5 feet tall.

Old 07-21-06, 06:43 PM

That you loan people money but don't get it back.
That's how bank feel!

Originally Posted by lexmarks
you cut the grass and 2 days later it grows 5 feet tall
ROTFLOL! That's as tall as I am! R U sure.... hahaha That's a good one. I feel the same way.

Old 07-21-06, 06:47 PM
Or when your in line and the person in front of you starts paying by cash then does not have enough and starts digging for $5 in change then decides to pay by check
or..... when the lady in front of you waits until her total shows up on the till. BEFORE she even OPENS her purse, then she digs around and finds the money/credit card/cheque. Why wouldn't she have the purse open and her wallet or credit card out already?

That drives me crazy but it happens all the time! I guess I'm always in a hurry.

I'd say "the guy" but I've seldom seen guys wait. I just pay and vamoose.

Old 07-21-06, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by mjd2k
or..... when the lady in front of you waits until her total shows up on the till. BEFORE she even OPENS her purse, then she digs around and finds the money/credit card/cheque. Why wouldn't she have the purse open and her wallet or credit card out already?

That drives me crazy but it happens all the time! I guess I'm always in a hurry.

I'd say "the guy" but I've seldom seen guys wait. I just pay and vamoose.
Hay hay now! Just like pulling up at the drive thru atm machine...people wait then it's there turn, they pull up, park the car and then pull out their wallet or purse and then their card and then sign a check and then put it in the envelope and then lick it and then stick it in the machine...ridiculous!!!!

Old 07-21-06, 07:04 PM
Or driving down the road munching on WheatThins and my hand is in the box and I can't pull it back out, one handed, while grasping the crackers down in the skinny box. The manufacturers of all foods that can be eaten while driving need to work on making all foods driver friendly.

Old 07-21-06, 07:15 PM
Or driving down the road munching on WheatThins and my hand is in the box and I can't pull it back out, one handed, while grasping the crackers down in the skinny box. The manufacturers of all foods that can be eaten while driving need to work on making all foods driver friendly.
Like make burgers tiny?

Old 07-21-06, 08:07 PM
DaVeBoy, uuhh? spelling bees? dude...
but i like your plan, seems fair (dang, i need a life).
barry

Old 07-21-06, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by DIYaddict
Hay hay now! Just like pulling up at the drive thru atm machine...people wait then it's there turn, they pull up, park the car and then pull out their wallet or purse and then their card and then sign a check and then put it in the envelope and then lick it and then stick it in the machine...ridiculous
Yes.....its so painfull to those of us in a hurry

Old 07-22-06, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by mjd2k
Yes.....its so painfull to those of us in a hurry
lol. It's not that I'm in a hurry but the time is ticking on my gas! Or it could just be that I'm a "planner" and not a spontaneous person (is that's the right word for it).

Old 07-22-06, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by DIYaddict
Like make burgers tiny?
Hardees does. That is all you can buy now. Around here anyway. I went there for a cheeseburger last year and they said they don't have any. I said, "What?! Since when?" The lady then said that I could get some hamburger that was like a muffin size thing. So that is what I did. I guess they figured that there was no sense competing with McDonald's and Burger King sales, so Hardees decided to sell these monstrous burgers that cost you about as much as what it costs to go out to a restaurant. They probably sell fewer but make more money, as opposed to selling gazillions for little profit.

Old 07-22-06, 04:46 PM
People who take cuts. Have ALways hated that since I was in line in the school cafeteria and "hoods" would take cuts. Some stole my food off my plate, also.

Today I get mad at the driver who is in the lane next to me...beHIND me, and he has to speed up as the lane narrows to one, rather than stay in line behind me...which is what his position was...the G&&$ D*&&*^%S*&**^$#%H&*^$#!!

Old 07-22-06, 04:54 PM
oooh, I got one! I hate when girls in cars driving behind you or anywhere really...and they're putting their make up on and driving or gals or guys that are on their cells phones or reading a book or fondling papers and driving at the same time and their car swirves around and they don't know it or don't even care.

Old 07-22-06, 05:16 PM
I have read in the newspaper where people have been pulled over for reading the newspaper while driving. Also, I have heard in the accident report where the person says they were driving...and TEXT messaging fror crumb sakes.

Between this, and wondering if the person headed for you never got his tires exchanged after the Firestone recall (saw a show on this very thing before coming to town today), can make you want to drive as defensively as you can.

Oh...and the person who really swerves to avoid a squirrel. A lot of people don't know this, I think, but even though you are holding the steering wheel tight, you can't just swerve a car to some big degree, as the CAR...not YOU, will lose control.

Old 07-22-06, 05:22 PM

Oh...and the person who really swerves to avoid a squirrel. A lot of people don't know this, I think, but even though you are holding the steering wheel tight, you can't just swerve a car to some big degree, as the CAR...not YOU, will lose control.
It's probably safer to accidentally run over the squirrel.

Old 07-25-06, 12:52 PM
Oh...and the person who really swerves to avoid a squirrel.
sorry, but that's me. i'd crash & die (& probably take you all out with me!) to avoid any animal in the road. i think that's human nature, though, to instinctively try to avoid hitting & killing something, isn't it? so let me just say right now, in case it happens, sorry!!!!

my pet peeves:

1. when people don't turn on their headlights when it's raining, snowing, foggy, or practically DARK out!!! headlights aren't just to illuminate the road ahead of you, people! they're also so OTHER drivers can see YOU!!! ever notice how well you can see all those other cars through that awful fog because their headlights are on???? der.....

2a. when notes written by teachers (or the principal!) are sent home from school riddled with typos & grammatical errors. you're teaching my kid what exactly???

2b. when the teacher's handwritten comments on a report card have so many errors, overwrites & scratch-outs, she has to utilize White-Out to make it legible.

2c. ugly handwriting - not just poor penmanship, but the truly offensive styleless kind

3. that my local newspaper only publishes 1 or 2 of the letters to Dear Abby every day, when i know there are usually 3 (discovered when i went online & saw them all - which is what i do now!)

4. ALL UPPERCASE TYPE OR HANDWRITING

5. "LOL"........what's wrong with good ol' "Ha"? it's shorter, too.

6. that certain skimpy fashions currently in style are even MADE in sizes larger than 12. NO ONE over a size 12 should be wearing some of this stuff!!! just because it's in style, and you somehow squeezed into it, doesn't mean you look good.

7. motion sickness bags on airplanes.......WAAAAAY too small. enough said.

8. when cashiers tell me my $76.42 purchase total by only saying, "seventy-six forty-two," without saying "please" or "your total is..." i'd even settle for "it's gonna be..." and then when they hand me the receipt, they just say "there ya go!" which almost forces me to respond with "thank you!" then i walk off fuming because I just thanked THEM!!!

9. bread labels that say "Whole Grain!!!" in large type, but in microscopic type it says "made with" before it. they want you to think it's 100% whole grain bread, but it's not ~ it's just made with SOME whole grain flour.

10. being unnecessarily stopped at an old trafficlight on a timer that doesn't have those motion sensors for 2 minutes with no cross-traffic whatsoever.

11. tattoos on girls

12. adults smoking in vehicles with children & windows up

13. cars exceeding the speed limit with the Christian fish emblem stuck to the trunk

14. that we don't have a smiley face to accurately reflect the emotion of "yuck"

15. the parts of songs when the singing/lyrics stop & they just play the instruments/music. if i wanted to hear that, i'd be listening to Muzak - sing again already!

Old 07-25-06, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by Annette
my pet peeves:

1. when people don't turn on their headlights when it's raining, snowing, foggy, or practically DARK out!!! headlights aren't just to illuminate the road ahead of you, people! they're also so OTHER drivers can see YOU!!! ever notice how well you can see all those other cars through that awful fog because their headlights are on???? der.....
hahahahahaha...

4. ALL UPPERCASE TYPE OR HANDWRITING
HAHAHAHAHAHA...

5. "LOL"........what's wrong with good ol' "Ha"? it's shorter, too.
hahahahahahaha...(better?)

WOW! You definitely have a loooooooooooooooooog list! Cool...! I wanted to laugh at all of 'em w/my "hahahaha's" but the quoting thing is taking me way too long.

Old 07-25-06, 11:43 PM
1.When the person in front of you at a drive though at a fast food place gets a specal order that takes 30 minutes to make and you got the person behind you screaming and beeping his horn.

2.When city buses pack as many people as they can and the won't let you out of the back door and you have to fight your way through people who won't move to get to the front door with a driver saying hurry up.

3.When the bus is late or don't come at all.

4.You got lines and the super market 50 people long and they only have 1 lane open.

5.when you want to talk to someone and they put you on hold forever and say "your call is important to us please continue to hold."

6.Heres a good one it don't apply to me but to most if not all of you on this site it will. When you wireless cellphone company DROPS THE CALL.

7.Of course how could I forget this one. The high prices at the gas station.$2.97 for a gallon of regular.

Old 07-26-06, 03:49 PM
When TV shows such as E.T. or Access Hollywood tell you "The news YOU'VE been waiting for" or "This is the news YOU want" about actors/actresses. Don't tell me what I want to know. I want to know why anyone cares???

When people will go out of their way to drive completely around a speed bump....in a parking lot. Just so they can keep going 30mph.

Old 07-26-06, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by Rapture
When people will go out of their way to drive completely around a speed bump....in a parking lot. Just so they can keep going 30mph.
AND when you're driving uphill in a residential area WITH speed bumps (or actually speed humps) and in 25/30 mph speed limit (sorry...really don't know what the limit is), these people go around you going 100 mph and then look at you as if you're weird or something!

Old 07-26-06, 04:01 PM
3.When the bus is late or don't come at all.
That has happened to you? That's just sad...

Old 07-26-06, 04:40 PM
nap
When riding in an elevator and it stops at a floor and the people wanting to get on rush in before allowing the passenger needing to get off, get off.

Then they often grumble when having to move out of the way so the escaping passengers can actually get off.
--------------------------

When driving down the road with an appropriate distance between you and the car in front of you, some idiot figures since there is enough room to shoehorn his car in the slot, he has to fill it with his car causing you to slow down to reset the correct distance.

----------------------

People that pull out in front of you, sometimes requiring you to hit the brakes hard, never speeding up to a reasonable speed, then turning off at the next block or two while there was absolutley no cars following you. Can;t they simply wait the few seconds til you pass?

-----------------

or just as bad.

Some yahoo races past you at twice the speed limit only to hit his brakes as soon as they get in front of you and turn.

---------------------------

people that drive the wrong way in a parking lot. You know, when the parking spaces are all angle pointing towards you and some idjit comes driving down the other way and expects you to move out of the way.

Well guess what, if I'm in a bad mood, I'm going to set in the middle of the drive and make you back out of the lane so you better hope it isn't one of those Wally World lots that are the size of a small country with 10 mile long lanes.

(and yes, I realize that if I park my car where this guy sees me he might vandalize my car. I park accordingly)

--------------------

Old 07-27-06, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by nap
Well guess what, if I'm in a bad mood, I'm going to set in the middle of the drive and make you back out of the lane so you better hope it isn't one of those Wally World lots that are the size of a small country with 10 mile long lanes.
ha! and just exactly how long are you willing to sit there nose to nose with that idjit???

here's another one of mine:

here in Missouri, it's legal to make a right turn on red. i become livid when i realize i've been stopped a few cars back from a moron who doesn't know the local law & has been waiting for a green light so he can turn right!!! that's actually a two-fer, because i'm also mad at the guy who was directly behind him because he didn't honk at him to GO!

Old 07-27-06, 09:28 AM
Spam....spam...spam. I hate spam! (But I do like Spam, Hormel Spam).

Old 07-27-06, 09:40 AM
Threads that are so long it takes me 20 minutes to go through them just to find there's nothing worth editing.

Old 07-27-06, 01:50 PM
People who get loans and before the loan closes, they quit there job!

Old 07-27-06, 01:58 PM
i work in an office. when Joe calls for Phil, but Phil's on another line, i answer Phil's phone for him and tell Joe, "Phil's on another line, do you want to hold or shall i have him call you back?" i hate it when Joe asks, "do you know how long he's gonna be?"

EVEN if i knew WHO he was talking to, EVEN if i knew WHAT they were talking ABOUT, EVEN if i were Marilyn Vos Savant, in a million years i wouldn't be able to see into the future & predict HOW LONG they'll be talking!!! for heaven's sake! what am i? a mind reader????

here's yer sign......