High speed car chase

Old 07-21-06, 02:51 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
High speed car chase

Whats your take on high speed car chases. I watching one where the chase went on for 2 hours.Its still going on right now.He crashed into a river and will not come out.Hit several cars including a police car.Right now its a stand off.Its live on TV right now

Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-06, 03:50 PM
I think the cops get off on this. They probably live for this. What they should do is act like they aren't even in pursuit, and cleverly cut them off at the pass, up ahead somewhere.

There are times and places where puruits are beneficial, especially when trying to apprehend someone driving a stolen car, because if the driver eludes, there is no way to trace the guy back to where he lives, and he may never be caught.

In cases where the car is not reported stolen, then high speed chases may not be necessary because then whether the car is being driven by the registered party or by some friend or relative given permission to, these people can be apprehended at some later time.

I am basing my assumptions on the fact that if the driver does not feel pursued, the driver may slow down once they feel they have 'gotten away'. But this is just my guess. Maybe they DON'T. I don't know. If they DO flee at a high rate of speed if they THINK they are being pursued, then I can see why the cops would want to try to end the high speed travel as soon as possible. If so, then my first paragraph would be wrong.

Old 07-21-06, 03:53 PM
Well un update here hes still in the truck and has a gun in his hand.He robbed a cleaners at gun point and has fired at the police.So its a stand off right now as they try to get him to get rid of the gun.

Old 07-21-06, 03:57 PM
Be careful Lex and don't go outside!

If you like those sorts of things you should watch COPS and AMW. I watch it almost every weekend thinking I'm actually going to run into someone wanted from AMW but I don't really have a great memory so that's won't help. I guess watching the stuff makes me feel a little bit more safe knowing some bad guys out there are actually getting caught.

Old 07-21-06, 04:00 PM
Be careful Lex and don't go outside!
Well Im in michigan and the chase was in texas so Im safe.

Old 07-21-06, 05:12 PM
I was working inTexas when a cop pulls me over on a two-lane highway for speeding in my souped-up car. He said, 'If I had MY way, I would take all you Brown & Rooters and lock you up in jail and throw away the key...as all you guys make all that big money and don't really worry about the ticket.'

Old 07-21-06, 11:05 PM
UPDATE
after a 1 hour stand off with police the guy surrender.

For those who did not see the chase heres what happend.
The suspect was wanted for ARMED robbery of a cleaners and fireing shots at police lead police on a 2+ hour chase ramming cars and even a police car. They were able to lay down spike strips to blow the tires but did not stop him (never does) after 20 minutes of driving onthe bear rim he slammed into the side of a pickup truck( the mother and her young son were not injured) he then backed up into another police car then took off again went off road and into a lake where he had a 1 hour stand off with police(he had a gun in his hand) refusing to come out of the truck before he surrendered to police.

Last edited by lexmarks567; 07-21-06 at 11:25 PM.
Old 07-22-06, 03:14 PM
Once the helicopter has them in sight, there is no need for a ground chase. Just watch the car, when it stops, direct cops to that location. If the idea being speeding is it's unsafe, then police pusuits are the ultimate in unsafe driving and I don't care how much 'training' they claim to have had.

So, this person was dangerous, was it worth then risking the lives of HUNDREDS of other people to catch him?

Some local cops were caught ON THEIR OWN DASH CAM, ramming a guy on a BICYCLE with their CAR and then beating the crap out of him. The cops were found 'not guilty'. HELLO! he was on a BICYCLE for crying out loud, just follow him for 2 minutes until he's too tired to do anything. Lance Armstrong he ain't!

Old 07-22-06, 07:45 PM
I'm all for outfitting police helos with stinger missles. Under these sort of circumstances, screw the pit manuever, as soon as the coast is clear, bang, end of chase.
I watched this idiot on CNN. Not only was he an armed robber, he was endangering the lives of dozens of innocent civilians as he pulled his dumb butt stunt.
I can't believe anyone would suggest backing off on a dangerous criminal like this guy.

Last edited by DIYaddict; 07-23-06 at 05:54 PM.

Search this Thread