Kids say the funniest things

Old 07-25-06, 11:15 AM
Kids say the funniest things

(Speaking of how hot it is...)

My son told me yesterday, "It was only 78 degrees today, and the weather man said it was going to be 108" then he paused and realized

"Oh, I was inside".

Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-06, 02:06 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
A few years ago when my grandson was about 4 yrs old, he was watching me weed eat the hill side. I spotted a land turtle, picked it up and set it where he could see it, told him he could look but not touch.

An hour or so later when his mother came to pick him up I asked him if he told her what he saw. He answered it was a chinese snapping turtle - said you could tell by the chinese writing on its shell.

Old 07-25-06, 02:17 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
how about when you have the veins that stick out on your legs.This mothers 4 year old son said. "you shouldn't draw on you legs with blue magic marker"

I had to mop up the milk that I HAD been drinking of the far side kitchen wall. Now thats pretty good distance through your nose.

Last edited by lexmarks567; 07-25-06 at 02:34 PM.
Old 08-01-06, 10:36 AM
as you may know by now, we have a dog who's not very nice. he's super jealous of our kids & very much the guard dog with strangers. he won't go after anyone, but if you reach down to pet him, he'll snap. so you have to just ignore him & he'll tolerate you. the kids can throw him his squeeky toy & he'll happily run it down & bring it back, but that's the extent of the relationship.

well, one day when my son was about 4, he asked, "When Kramer dies, can we get a nice dog? because i want a nice dog who'll lick my face, and then i'll wipe the lick off."

ha! i don't know what cracks me up more ~ the fact that he's already looking forward to the dog's death or the "wipe the lick off" phrase............it still makes me laugh.

Old 08-03-06, 12:43 PM
My neice calls me Auntie Wendy....

one day my Mom was talking to us about her new glasses that she was getting...she said:
"they're anti-glare & anti-scratch...

My neice looks at her and asks,

Do I know Auntie Glare & Auntie Scratch???

Old 08-03-06, 02:32 PM
Group Moderator
ROFLMAO! :d

Old 08-04-06, 02:38 PM
tae
my mother likes to tell this story about me when i was little:
one day she was sitting with some friends talking, and i was playing in the background. she used the phrase"I could see the writing on the wall" to which i piped up quickly and said" it wasnt me mom!"

Old 08-04-06, 02:58 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Originally Posted by tae
i piped up quickly and said" it wasnt me mom!"
are you sure about that

Old 09-13-06, 11:45 AM
the other day, we were all in the car: me, hubby, son & 4 year old daughter. Billy Joel's "Tell Her About It" song was playing & we're all enjoying it, humming or singing along. Daughter is mostly singing the ever-repeating "tell her about it" phrase. "...tell her about it.........tell her about it.....etc." after a couple minutes of this, all of a sudden, her little bobbing head becomes still, she turns to me & she says with serious bewilderment, "tell WHO about WHAT?!"

hee hee!

Old 09-13-06, 01:15 PM
When my oldest daughter was about 4 years old, I asked her if she knew how you could tell if a baby was a boy or girl.

"Yes" she replied.

I was a little surprised but I asked her "how?".

"By the name"

Stupid me.

Old 09-15-06, 04:54 PM
Kids definately can be cute.

Last edited by Annette; 09-18-06 at 07:34 AM.
Old 10-29-06, 07:27 AM
My son just said he may be "soup-tose" intolerant (vs. lactose intolerant).

Old 10-29-06, 10:38 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
One day last week my grandson asked if it was a long drive when I moved to america from fla : Since he has been to myrtle beach twice [400 mile], I tried to explain that fla was a little bit further and he said "you mean it takes longer than an hour to drive that far"

Old 10-29-06, 10:54 AM
Group Moderator
Smart kid; coming into the season down here where it could be mistaken for a Canandian province from the number of license plates from up there.

Old 10-29-06, 05:33 PM
When my son learned that the US had bought Alaska, he looked incredulous but didn't say anything. About a week later he asked how and when they were going to move it.

Tow Guy, you should teach those damned Snow Birds a lesson and get all the residents from Florida to move up here for the winter.

We have sent you all our worst drivers.....enjoy

Old 11-01-06, 09:29 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I was babysitting my boss's 3 year old daughter and she said "What is all this sh_t (unedited) in my dad's truck?" I must have had a bizarre look on my face because she started laughing.

Old 11-01-06, 10:06 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Our grandson also had a few 'choice' words in his vocabulary when he was 2-3 yrs old. After explaining to him that they were bad words and reading his parents the riot act, it was no longer a problem.

About the same age he was asked if he knew his parent's names. He said yes, his daddy was Travis and his mother's name was sweetheart

Old 11-01-06, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by nightowlpunk
"What is all this sh_t (unedited) in my dad's truck?"
That's terrible!

so....what was in the truck?

Old 11-01-06, 12:48 PM
Group Moderator
My guess would be a load of manure.

Old 11-08-06, 04:56 PM
I dont know if I can post links here.. but if you get to look at this, its well worth it

http://hepnar.org/2006/10/25/8-year-old-girl-wants-school-blown-up/

Miss Wiggy xx