What drives you to be alive?

Old 07-26-06, 04:29 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
What drives you to be alive?

Simply the fear of death? I hope there is more to it than that.

For me, to be honest? Everything revolves around the opposite sex. EVERYthing. The reason why I wore sporty clothes in school?: Girls. The reason I listen to rock and roll and blast it so others can hear it?: Girls. The reason whey I got into hotrods?: Girls. The reason I golf?: So I can show a girl how far I can hit the ball. (Welll...I sort of take this one back. I guess I just plain like to golf.) .........................................

What about you guys and gals?

Last edited by DIYaddict; 07-26-06 at 04:39 PM. Reason: a little too much information...
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-06, 04:42 PM
DaVeBoy! Wow! You need to get a gf!

What drives me to be alive?...my son. That's probably it. I really can't wait to die and go to heaven!

Old 07-26-06, 04:53 PM
Seeing what you will come up with next so I can out do you

Originally Posted by DaVeBoy
Simply the fear of death? I hope there is more to it than that.

For me, to be honest? Everything revolves around the opposite sex. EVERYthing. The reason why I wore sporty clothes in school?: Girls. The reason I listen to rock and roll and blast it so others can hear it?: Girls. The reason whey I got into hotrods?: Girls. The reason I golf?: So I can show a girl how far I can hit the ball. (Welll...I sort of take this one back. I guess I just plain like to golf.) .........................................

What about you guys and gals?

Old 07-26-06, 04:57 PM
I don't fear death

Old 07-26-06, 05:00 PM
Group Moderator
My purpose in life is to turn my daughter into a productive, responsible member of society.

Old 07-26-06, 05:04 PM
Group Moderator
Originally Posted by slickshift
I don't fear death
I don't fear death, it's the dying that concerns me.

Old 07-26-06, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by DIYaddict
DaVeBoy! Wow! You need to get a gf!

What drives me to be alive?...my son. That's probably it. I really can't wait to die and go to heaven!
Are yo serious about the heaven thing? Hmmmm. Don't get me going on religion. The biblical book of Deuteronomy has sort of made me only respect a God of power and energy...but that whole Bible thing? Hmmmmm.

Old 07-26-06, 06:22 PM
I don't fear death
Seriously? Why? Have you accomplished every goal of yours, in life, already?

Old 07-26-06, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by mitch17
My purpose in life is to turn my daughter into a productive, responsible member of society.
Now there is a goal. A very nice one.

Old 07-26-06, 06:27 PM
Don't get me going on religion.

Don't worry. There are certain topics that if they get started on get shut down pretty quick because of name calling and downgrading people. Religion and politics are about the top two that get people emotional and there's not a Mod in this place that wont shut one down and get rid of it when it does.

I live for my wife and kids.

Old 07-26-06, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by lexmarks567
Seeing what you will come up with next so I can out do you
Great. I'm all for your zeal. If trying to outdo me is some goal of yours, it can't possibly hurt me any more than my best friend who seemed to make that his goal, and would rub it in my face when he DID outdo me with stuff. So I've grown used to it. Also, I was a champion trumpet player who had to work like crazy just to keep up with another friend of mine who was a 'natural' that had a better tone quality than Doc Severensen, and could hit the highest of the high notes. So I have been used to being second, plenty in my life. And that is probably what has driven *me* in life, to be all that I can be.

Old 07-26-06, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by mattison
Don't worry. There are certain topics that if they get started on get shut down pretty quick because of name calling and downgrading people. Religion and politics are about the top two that get people emotional and there's not a Mod in this place that wont shut one down and get rid of it when it does.

I live for my wife and kids.
And I have this pang in me that a good part of me wishes *I* could live for a wife and kids.

Old 07-26-06, 06:34 PM
I don't fear death, it's the dying that concerns me.
Well...if you dropped over dead in your tracks, and didn't know what hit you, at least one would be out of their misery. But to know you were dying would really be the pits. I can't imagine anything more scary. And to have time to think about the loved ones that would miss you.

Old 07-26-06, 06:42 PM
don't worry buddy no one can out do you. I relize that if you have a goel in life that you might no get the chance to live that goal. If you have no goal then you have nothing to to be disapointed about. Got that from the movie dodge ball.Its true through.

Great. I'm all for your zeal. If trying to outdo me is some goal of yours, it can't possibly hurt me any more than my best friend who seemed to make that his goal, and would rub it in my face when he DID outdo me with stuff. So I've grown used to it. Also, I was a champion trumpet player who had to work like crazy just to keep up with another friend of mine who was a 'natural' that had a better tone quality than Doc Severensen, and could hit the highest of the high notes. So I have been used to being second, plenty in my life. And that is probably what has driven *me* in life, to be all that I can be.

Old 07-26-06, 10:30 PM
Also those who are recovering from cancer or things like that have to live there life one day at a time.It really wakes you up and makes you think.

Old 07-26-06, 10:32 PM
I don't fear death

Neither do I....for DIY's reason....and I don't have kids. My registered name should give some idea what I'm waiting for.

Old 07-27-06, 05:10 AM
Group Moderator
Originally Posted by Rapture
Neither do I....for DIY's reason....and I don't have kids. My registered name should give some idea what I'm waiting for.
Probably happen before Nebraska wins its next Championship.

Dittos and she'll be 18 in January. Already started on the sequel with her 2 1/2 year old brother [brother as in "brother", not step- or half-].

Old 07-27-06, 11:29 AM
[QUOTE=the_tow_guy]Probably happen before Nebraska wins its next Championship.
QUOTE]

Two guy....ouch! I'm laughing sooooo hard, it's tough to type write now. Anyway....I hope so

Old 07-27-06, 12:31 PM
Well...if you dropped over dead in your tracks, and didn't know what hit you, at least one would be out of their misery. But to know you were dying would really be the pits. I can't imagine anything more scary. And to have time to think about the loved ones that would miss you.
sure it's scary. the unknown always is. but i look at that a different way: knowing you're dying, you've been given a gift that the guy who dropped in his tracks didn't get: the gift of TIME, time to say good-bye to your loved ones, time to tie up loose ends, maybe time to do things you always wanted to do & never did. haven't you heard people say "i didn't even get to tell him good-bye...." or "if i had known that was the last time i'd see him, i would've.....", etc. sure, there's something to be said for not suffering, but i think i'd like to know when it's coming.

Old 07-27-06, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by lexmarks567
don't worry buddy no one can out do you. I relize that if you have a goel in life that you might no get the chance to live that goal. If you have no goal then you have nothing to to be disapointed about. Got that from the movie dodge ball.Its true through.
Both me and my semi-famous uncle would like to get a patent on something (independent of each other) before we go. That would be neat.

Old 07-27-06, 09:42 PM
Group Moderator
Both me and my semi-famous uncle would like to get a patent on something (independent of each other) before we go. That would be neat.
Too bad you can't patent oddball questions.