UPS service

Old 07-31-06, 04:36 PM
UPS service

Have you guys ever had problems with UPS? I'm not bashing them but I'm just upset so this is me whining!!!!

I've been waiting for a delivery from UPS and as I was tracking the package every day! So...it was supposed to arrive today b/c it said "out for delivery". You know how that goes...you get all excited. So an hour ago I found out it said "rescheduled-attempted delivery, unable to sign"...UPS DIDN'T EVEN SHOW UP!

I know, I know...just wait another day. But I feel like I've been waiting forever!!! It's like a child waiting to go to Disneyland or something and then find out they aren't going that day.

Anyway, I ended up calling the company I was supposed to get my goods from and of course...so I'm thinking...customer service is out of the states...I couldn't even understand them. I had to close my eyes to concentrate on what they were saying. All they said was to wait 'til tomorrow and they'd follow up with me and track the package too. Ummm..what good is that going to do? I'll be doing that myself anyway!!!

Boo Hoo!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-06, 04:48 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
The only problem I had was when I shipped a lawnmower and was supposed to delivered (lets say today) this a few months ago.I checked it and said.The package was missed for delivery meaning they forgot to load it on the truck at the loading place

Old 07-31-06, 05:04 PM
Group Moderator
I ordered some stuff a few years ago and the company from whom I ordered put the wrong address on the package - the road listed didn't even exist. My UPS guy - Smitty - saw the package getting ready to be shipped back to the store and said "I know that guy" and brought me my stuff.

Old 07-31-06, 06:48 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I have no beef with the UPS company, just one of their drivers.
They have 2 different drivers that cover the route on this end of the county.

I live on top of a big hill [little mountain] with a driveway just over 1/4 mile long. 1 driver has no problem with the driveway, has even come up it in a light snow. The other driver does one of 3 things because he claims the road is impassable #1 takes the package back undelivered [the other driver usually delivers it the next day] #2 leaves it on the ground, under the mailbox with no notification thankfully the neighbors will call and let me know. or he'll call and ask if he can drop it off at the store 1 mile down the road.

While I don't expect most to attempt my road in snow, I have had tri axle trucks up it various times with no problems. It really aggravates me that some one who drives for a living is scared to go up a decent road.

Old 07-31-06, 06:51 PM
UPS service

There are a couple of possibilities -

If the sender requested a signature and not just a ring and drop (easy to answer that question wrong) you can have a long wait if you did not get to the door in time..

If the location is new or difficult to find or the address is wrong by only one number (big, big delay).

The other is that they just blew it! Hard for them to do with the systems and checks, but it happens.

I have had 100% success with UPS, except on Saturdays. When I am international, I always go with DHL and FedEx in that order because of friends experiences.

It could be worse. - Your volleyball could end up on an island for a few years with Tom Hanks (Castaway movie).

Good luck.

Dick

Old 07-31-06, 07:51 PM
Your volleyball could end up on an island for a few years with Tom Hanks (Castaway movie).
How do you know she ordered a volly ball. It could be a new dictionary that has the words she can't find

Old 08-01-06, 09:11 AM
Problem solved so far...

BTW: I ordered from Dell!!! No volleyball and no dictionary. You're right though...could be worse!

Being how I know things get screwed up all the time...here's what happened...

I placed my order w/my billing and shipping address as the same. It was in the process of being tested for 2 days. 1st day of it being tested I realized I would not be able to be home to sign for the package so I called Dell back to change the shipping address. It was confirmed twice. I got the confirmation on the phone (which I know is really pointless) and 2 confirmations by email. After testing was done, I was able to track the package. I double checked the shipping address on Dell and it was correct as requested. So then what happened yesterday...happened. (BTW I had requested the package to be shipped to my parent's house since they are home all day ususally)

So, last night I went to my parent's house and confirmed UPS did not show up. Confirmed by my parents and there was not sticky left at the door. Went to my house and there was a sticky at the door showing UPS was trying to deliver there. I called UPS and rerouted the package.

Therefore...through all this, with a confirmation from Dell, regardless...it was still shipped to the wrong place. So...even if I get confirmation and it shows in Dell's system that the shipping address was my parents house...it did not happen.

I am definitely going to call Dell and tell them someone goofed b/c I don't think it was me. I do admit I must have screwed up their system by changing the shipping address, but I thought I did it in a timely manner.

Oh well ....tracking package now. Hee hee!

Old 08-01-06, 12:17 PM
Group Moderator
I always have things shipped to the office so I'm there to sign for them.

Old 08-01-06, 12:47 PM
Me too, but I stopped b/c boss was a little nosy and I didn't care to share what I got. The UPS man and my boss used to tease me everytime something would come. I kinda got tired of hearing it all.

BTW: My package just arrived! Whoo hooo...my mom called me and confirmed it though now when I'm tracking it, it doesn't show delivered yet. lol

Can I go home now?

Old 08-01-06, 09:56 PM
I just want to race the truck

Old 08-01-06, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by Rapture
I just want to race the truck
People love the truck

Search this Thread