Customer Service from overseas

Old 08-08-06, 11:00 AM

I'm sure ya all have had these problems...right?

Did we have this conversation before here or did I just constantly talk to people about these issues?

I've had problems with many different company's customer services...from utility, credit card, to a purchase from a big company...

Most of the time when I do talk to customer service, they are very friendly but hardly ever solve the real problem. I've solved my problem with my utility by making my complaint to the utility commissioner (fast and easy btw) but to really get an issue solved from other things...who do you talk to besides "customer service". I find it really becomes a big hassle and you end up spending numerous times talking to them...then you get the ring around the rosies...I'd like to knowledge on how to handle these problems instead of going through all this hassle. Besides that...I could hardly understand a word they are saying.

Regardless of why companies choose to do this (cost is most likely really low)...I'd like my complaint to really be acknowledged and taken care of in a snap! I know...this does not happen in real life.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-06, 12:13 PM
Group Moderator
Good customer service these days is about as common as common sense.

Old 08-08-06, 12:47 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Your post is important to us. Please hold while we forward you to the next available member.................................................2 hours later Thank you for holding a member will be with you shortly.

Old 08-08-06, 01:17 PM

The problem is not that it is an international customer service representative, but the policy of the company setting up the service system.

The international representatives are probably more qualified that what could be found in the U.S. at ten times the price.

The international service representative are highly qualified and are very customer-oriented based on those that I have worked with. Because they are paid so low (according to U.S. standards) they could give very good service at a low cost, but the corporate system that is not usually based there does not feel it is necessary.

Dick

Old 08-08-06, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by Concretemasonry
The problem is not that it is an international customer service representative, but the policy of the company setting up the service system.
Dick
Exactly! It seems that it's basically set up to: 1) someone will answer the phone, 2) act like they know what they are talking about 3) pretend they know what you are saying 4) tell you they will take care of it.

Sorry...I didn't mean to make it sound like it was the international customer service's problem...

It's just sad...

Old 08-08-06, 01:54 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
If you think the private sector is bad, try calling a gov't agency

Old 08-08-06, 02:03 PM
If I talk to a Customer Service Rep and they tell me the problem will be solved, I ask for their name or an I.D. number I can use at a later date should the problem not be resolved. If I have to call back, I request a Supervisor and give them the last Reps ID or name. I have found that a return call always need the name of who you talked to the first time.

Old 08-09-06, 07:09 AM
Group Moderator
I normally repair my own flat tires, but I had my wife's car Monday and didn't have any of my stuff available to do it, so I went to the tire shop/service center I use an had them repair it. Yesterday morning I noticed the tire was flat again. I filled it and drove it again, but the air level hadn't dropped much within a couple hours, so I figured I'd fix it myself when I got home last night. I pulled the wheel and found a tiny hole in the sidewall, which can't be repaired. I called the shop this morning to see if they had the tire I wanted to replace it and they automatically credited the cost of the repair on Monday without me asking, saying it was the only thing to do. That level of service is why I continue to take my cars there. I know nobody's perfect and can forgive them for not finding the second hole in the tire on Monday because they stand behind their work and take responsibility for their mistakes.