Interesting day

Old 09-29-06, 04:55 AM
Group Moderator
Interesting day

Spent an interesting day with my HS senior daughter at school yesterday. It was take-your-dad-to-school week and I shadowed her for the entire day: Culinary Arts I, Economics, Creative Photography I, and AP Psychology. She's on block scheduling - 90 minute classes - so two of those are every day and two of them are every other day. If I remember right, the daily classes are semester courses and the every other are full -year. Trying to remember what courses she has on the opposite days to go with the two that are every day; English Honors and...um..hmmm.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-06, 06:45 AM
Group Moderator
Easy, Gunny - don't want to sprain your brain!

Old 09-29-06, 08:23 AM
Group Moderator
Hey, I took a TEST in AP Psych and got 33 out of 60! Gonna owe daughter dinner, tho, since we wagered on the outcome. Highlight of the day was Creative Photography; they have a full function darkroom and I got to watch her do some printing. I'm an avid 35mm shooter from WAY back (I'm more likely to grab the digital now), but had never set foot in a darkroom, although I knew the basics of the operation. Daughter had never touched a 35mm SLR until I gave her a quick lesson the week before school started and six weeks later she's showing me the darkroom work like she's been doing it for years. Too cool.

Old 09-29-06, 09:01 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
There is nothing better than spending quality time with your kids. It's a shame that in todays hectic world we spend so little time with our kin.

Old 09-29-06, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by marksr
There is nothing better than spending quality time with your kids.
Absolutely! I second that. Watching your kids (small and grown-up) learning new things is amazing. They move so quickly from asking us about something new to teaching us new stuff about it. That sounds like a day you will remember and cherish forever.

It's a good thing you didn't do better on that test - they were testing to see if you were schizophrenic.

Old 09-29-06, 10:58 AM
LOL!

I think you scored pretty well tow guy. Hope they don't ever have take-your-mom-to-school week. I'd be lucky if I score a 1 out of anything!

Old 09-29-06, 02:21 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
T G you didn't answer the most important question, which probably happened in third block. How was lunch?

Old 09-29-06, 04:09 PM
Group Moderator
Not bad; piece of pepperoni pizza and a bottle of Dasani. Not sure who the pizza supplier is, but it was GOOD, not what you'd expect in a school cafeteria.

Quote: "It's a good thing you didn't do better on that test - they were testing to see if you were schizophrenic."

I would have done better, but the voices in my head kept trying to get me to change answers.

Late breaking news; daughter got her first college acceptance letter yesterday. Cya later, gotta go case a couple of banks.....

Old 09-29-06, 05:06 PM
Group Moderator
I hear you on that - the college I attended is now more per year than my take home income.

Old 10-09-06, 10:29 AM
Group Moderator
A week after I spent that day with daughter [the highlight being the Creative Photography class with the darkroom work] I see this thread:

http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=280046

You can probably imagine what leaped to my mind when I saw the thread title.

Old 10-09-06, 10:45 AM
It used to be popular to sepia-tone black and white prints, to make them look old - but we didn't go anywhere near a toilet to do ours.

Did you share that with your daughter - she would probably get a chuckle out of it.

Old 10-09-06, 10:47 AM
I thought the same thing on the above link.