Animaniacs

Old 10-07-06, 04:00 PM
Animaniacs

I'm sitting here watching this cartoon (not really by choice)...WHAT are they?!?!?!?!????

Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-06, 07:03 PM
nap
Originally, the Warners (Yakko, Wakko and Dot) were intended to be ducks, but producer Tom Ruegger realized they'd been done enough by Disney (see DuckTales), so he made them indeterminate "cartoon character" children. Although they looked somewhat like dogs, their specific "species" remained a mystery and was made fun of in most episodes. Ruegger also modeled their personalities a bit after his three sons (who all did voices on the series at one time or another).

Old 10-07-06, 07:25 PM
Whoa. I can't believe you knew that! Thanks nap! I thought they were meant to be cats.

Old 10-07-06, 07:31 PM
nap
The internet can make even people like me look smart. Too bad it wasn't around when I was a kid. Heck, we didn't even have PC's when I was a kid, they hadn't been invented yet.

Look here for all the info you never wanted on the Animaniacs. Post parts of it without proper credit and you to can look smarter than the average bear.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animaniacs

Old 10-07-06, 07:41 PM
LOL! Yeah I did the same thing and found that site prior to posting and I scanned through it and I didn't see that info! Really. I can't believe there was that much information about these characters. Really didn't want to know THAT much about them but was curious.

Shoulda just shortened your post and left it as if you "knew" cuz I was praising you for your knowledge. AND...you may have spilled the beans on how old you are! LOL

Thanks for the info though. I really do appreciate that.

Old 10-07-06, 07:58 PM
nap
Shoulda just shortened your post and left it as if you "knew" cuz I was praising you for your knowledge. AND...you may have spilled the beans on how old you are! LOL

There are a few things I try never to do.

1. take credit for anothers deeds or knowledge. I do a pretty fair job in my own right.(at least I like to think so and since it is all in my mind, I can think anything I want to)

2. concern my self with my age. I realized a long time ago there are two choices when it comes to getting older. Either you do, or you don't (get older that is). The only folks that don't get older aren't very good conversationalists, if you get my drift so I am far from ashamed to admit I am 48 years old. Still young enough to do wild and crazy stuff but old enough to know better than to actually do it.

Old 10-07-06, 08:13 PM

Point well taken I like 'em and agree as well. Don't get me wrong from my previous post.

Old 10-24-06, 01:47 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
They really should make Boomerang standard on all TV services. That channel only shows classic cartoons such as Tom& Jerry, Yogi Bear and other classics. A while ago, I was babysitting for a friend and the kids were watching modern cartoons and I was like "where is the humor"

Old 10-24-06, 02:03 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Those who watch out for our well being have deemed the classic cartoons as too violent. All the newer cartoons are P C (and boring).

Old 11-01-06, 09:13 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Isn't it amazing how the government has to watch out for what kids are watching these days? My parents checked on me to see what I was watching when I was growing up. It's not like my parents got Skinemax.