40 days 'til Christmas

Old 11-15-06, 02:41 PM
40 days 'til Christmas

Yippee! and My O my... has time flown! I didn't realize this until I was in the store shopping recently. They've got Christmas stuff up already! Rats! They don't even have Thanksgiving stuff goin' on!

Did we have this conversation last year?

One thing for sure..I'm glad I didn't take my outdoor Christmas lights off from last year... I'm ahead of the game. Yeah...I know...that's tacky and lazy.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-06, 04:38 PM
Group Moderator
Wish I'd left MINE up!

Old 11-15-06, 05:40 PM
Group Moderator
I'm such a grinch that I won't hang lights. Y'all look forward to Christmas, meantime I'm counting down 41 days til Christmas is over.

Old 11-15-06, 05:54 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Back when I worked every day I hated this time of year. Everyone wants there home painted up for the holidays and builders want to close the books before the year ends. The result was always lots of overtime and no free time. Work 14 hrs a day and get off just in time to get stuck in all the holiday traffic Wonder where the grinch got his motivation

One of the biggest benifits of retirement is not having to participate in the rat race. I still have a little trouble getting into the Christmas spirit but at least I no longer dread the season!!!

BTW the local big lots store set out all there Christmas stuff back in august

Old 11-15-06, 07:04 PM
I've worked Christmas day the last fifteen. By Christmas, floor guys are going so fast they're passing themselves in the door. They all want in in time to have Christmas dinner in the new house. I quit getting involved when it got so commercial they lost sight of the reason, but now I'm really bah hum buggy about it all.

Old 11-16-06, 06:43 AM
Expecting 4 out of town guests in our house for Xmas and 2/5 of the square footage is demolished, but I figure folks in big city apartments live in much smaller spaces.... So I am spending Thanksgiving week getting as much of the interior remodel done as humanly possible. Right now my goal is to have a guest room done by December 21, even though the rest of the remodel space may be down to the rough framing.

Tossed the artificial tree in March. Xmas lights up permanently, and we like it that way!

Old 11-16-06, 06:50 AM
I am experiencing the Christmas rush earlier this year, but I don't mind. The reason is that this year I am organizing my office's Christmas charity. We have contacted an organization that is made up of three charities that work to provide gifts of toys and clothes to needy families, and gifts to senior citizens. We have pleged to support 20 families of four, and 20 seniors. (There are about 100 of us.) We have been holding fund-raising activities since the first of October, and are now buying the gifts. We have a few folks that are "super-shoppers" that will use their best bargain hunting abilities to stretch our dollars to the max. Everything has to be turned in to the charity group by the 10th of December, so it will be hectic and nuts until then, but I don't mind. I will be spending this evening assembling two bicycles we bought on sale, and I'm looking forward to it.

I'll worry about my kids and grandkids and decorations and all that later.

Old 11-16-06, 07:47 AM
Thumbs up

Hey all We got some of the new LED lights for outside. Say they save 85% on electric. They are real good And yes Ill just let them up all year

ED

Old 11-16-06, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by Ubob
I am experiencing the Christmas rush earlier this year, but I don't mind. The reason is that this year I am organizing my office's Christmas charity. ..... so it will be hectic and nuts until then, but I don't mind. I will be spending this evening assembling two bicycles we bought on sale, and I'm looking forward to it.

I'll worry about my kids and grandkids and decorations and all that later.
ah! The reason for the season........ good for you, Ubob!

Search this Thread