PS3's FOR SALE ON EBAY CRAZY!!!

Old 11-19-06, 03:06 PM
PS3's FOR SALE ON EBAY CRAZY!!!

I would love to buy one locally and sell it for 2000 or so the week before xmas. That is a nice turn around. You would have a tough time making that on Wall street in one day! I was looking on Ebay about 15 min ago and saw about 5 listing for 1million dollars!! Of course there are no bids on it, but that would set an ebay record!! I had to post on this topic and I couldn't find a forum that fit for this topic. I am sure it will get moved.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-06, 06:04 PM
Just another example of the annual stupidity that dumb consumers fall for. A manufacturer will market a product and convince the idiots of the world that they just have to have it - now. Then they deliberately underproduce to increase demand.

The idiots then riot, rob, and stampede on cue to get a product that they could get for half the price in three months.
Cabbage Patch dolls, Elmo, XBox or PS3 all marketed to fools. It happens every year and the idiots keep lining up.

Old 11-20-06, 03:57 AM
Group Moderator
I wouldn't pay the $599 list price, never mind the $2000 or so the ebayers want. You would have to not have a life to spend $2000 for a game console (my apologies if any members fit this category).

Old 11-20-06, 04:05 AM
I don't think I would go as far as calling them idiots but maybe impatient. I for one will probably buy one but I will wait until the price and availability drops. It was the same way when X-Box came out and PS-2.

Old 11-20-06, 04:45 AM
Group Moderator
I'm a nasty father - we don't have cable or any video game system, our daughter has to play outside.

Old 11-20-06, 06:07 AM
I'm tired of hearing about this. Sorry! I don't even have to watch the news or read it in the paper. I hear about it everywhere else! I wouldn't even pay $100 for them! I wouldn't even stand in a line for them or wait.

My son has had 3 or 4 game consoles (is that what it's called?) and guess what? He only plays w/the most recent one he has. Mind you....I did NOT pay for any of these.

Hmmm...I wonder what they are going to come up with next year and how much it's going to cost.

mitch17...you're a good father. Kids don't play outside anymore nowadays besides the fact it's dangerous w/out you being right there, BUT I try and get my son to get his touchee outside too. I think these games are for the "BIG" kids <<<---- 30 yr olds and up.

BTW: I heard the ones that pay big bucks on Ebay for these things and those prices are the richy riches who has kids that want them for Christmas.

Yep..sure would've been nice to get a hold of one of them PS3's just to sell and make a huge profit!

Old 11-20-06, 06:46 AM
"I'm a nasty father - we don't have cable or any video game system, our daughter has to play outside."

Shame on you. Forcing your child to play out in the fresh air. I bet she also has to run and jump and do other physical things. She probably even has to use her imagination since you won't allow her to sit in front of the TV playing mindless games. She'll probably grow up healthy, self reliant, and energetic.

Don't be surprised if you get a visit from CPS.

Old 11-20-06, 09:17 AM
Group Moderator
LMAO - thank you, Wayne, I needed that.

Old 11-20-06, 11:08 AM
Group Moderator
I'll bet he's not even going to buy her a brand new car when she turns 16 either; geez, parents nowadays!!!

Old 11-20-06, 11:09 AM
Group Moderator
Originally Posted by DIYaddict
....I did NOT pay for any of these.
You can go to jail for that, you know.....

Old 11-25-06, 08:16 PM
I agree w/ everyone, but to buy one and sell it and have a possability to triple your money is excellent. I was on there looking at them on ebay for sh(*s and giggles and I saw about 5 listings for 1 million. Absolutely nuts. I heard that one person got shot on Nov. 17 when they came out, another in Allentown, Pa about 2 hrs from where I am had a gun put to his head and the guy took it.

Old 11-25-06, 10:39 PM
Just one more fine example of why I don't participate in the Christmas foolishness anymore. It was great when the gifts were just a side part of the overall meaning, but it's gotten so out of hand now and society has so completely lost sight of the real meaning that I've opted out of the whole thing.

Old 12-02-06, 09:32 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
In my general area, a guy got shot because he wouldn't give up his cash while waiting in a line at a Mall-Wart. Wait 6 months and you could probably get a good used one for $300 after the hype dies down.

Old 12-02-06, 06:55 PM
ha ha..STILL wouldn't pay $300 for it. Maybe $50.

Old 12-02-06, 08:27 PM
Group Moderator
$50? You've already told us you don't pay for them at all!

Old 12-03-06, 08:46 AM
Figure of speech. (Oh yeah...according to Tow Guy, I steal them...shhhhhh)

Old 12-03-06, 01:33 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Sounds like Santa might bring Mitch 17's daughter an Etch A Sketch or the little magnetic dogs that move around on a thin table top. Something to challenge her mind rather than strengthen her thumbs.