Happy Thanksgiving!

Old 11-21-06, 10:06 AM
Happy Thanksgiving!

just wanted to wish everyone a nice Thanksgiving. hope you all spend some good relaxing time with family, friends & plenty of tasty food! i know i have a lot to be thankful for and if you're reading this, you do, too. remember to give thanks for all your blessings this holiday season.

here's my favorite Dear Abby Thanksgiving column:

"Since today is Thanksgiving, take just a moment to reflect upon all of the things for which you are thankful.

How's your health? Not so good? Well, thank God you've lived this long. A lot of people haven't. You're hurting? Thousands -- maybe millions -- are hurting even more. (Have you ever visited a veterans hospital? A rehabilitation clinic for crippled children?)

If you awakened this morning able to hear the birds sing, use your vocal cords to utter human sounds, walk to the breakfast table on two good legs, and read the newspaper with two good eyes, praise the Lord! A lot of people couldn't.

How's your pocketbook? Thin? Well, most of the world is a lot poorer. No pensions, no welfare. No food stamps, no Social Security. In fact, one-third of the people in the world will go to bed hungry tonight.

Are you lonely? The way to have a friend is to be one. If nobody calls you, pick up the phone and call someone.

Are you concerned about our country's future? Hooray! Our system has been saved by such concern. Our country may not be a rose garden, but neither is it a patch of weeds.
Freedom rings! Look and listen. You can worship at the church of your choice, cast a secret ballot, and you can even criticize your government without fearing a knock on the head or a knock on the door at midnight. And if you want to live under a different system, you are free to go. There are no walls or fences -- nothing to keep you here.

A final thought: Want an instant high? The surest cure for the holiday blues is doing something nice for someone. Why not call a person who lives alone and invite him or her to share dinner?

Better yet, call and say, "I'm coming to get you, and I'll see that you get home." (Some older people don't drive, and those who do may not like to be behind the wheel after dark.)

Try it. And let me know the results.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! -- LOVE, ABBY"

Last edited by Annette; 11-21-06 at 10:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-06, 11:44 AM
Thanks Annette...That gave me goosebumps all over as I read it

To all fellow Do It Yourself.com-ers, H A P P Y T H A N K S G I V I N G!!!!...and my cheesy poem for you guys

As I ponder to think what this day brings
I sit here and wonder on so many little things
What can we do to help someone in need
What can we say to do just one good deed

Then I remember my friends on Do It Yourself.com
And would like to thank you guys for all you have done
Helping others and giving a lending and helping hand
As I sit here and wait for someone else to ban

Teaching and learning about old and new things
You guys just don't know what all of this brings
Free of charge and expecting nothing in return
What else can one expect but to see and to learn

There's always the do's and the don'ts to many things
But without your help we might burn down everything
At times we think ahead and ask for help in advance
Crying "Someone please help me! Is there even a chance?"

SO.................

Thank you A L L for giving and sharing your knowledge
Thank you A L L for chipping in and going over the edge
Thank you A L L for the great posts and teaching me too
Thank you A L L for letting us know what one person can do.

Old 11-23-06, 12:00 AM
Happy Thanksgiving!

Old 11-23-06, 05:09 AM
Happy Turkey/Thanksgiving Day to everyone out there.

Old 11-23-06, 07:00 AM
This is a great group of folks and I really enjoy being part of it all. Thanks for the opportunity to help a little and enjoy the day. I'm going to enjoy working on my Jeep if the rain lets up.

Old 11-23-06, 08:08 AM
If it continues to rain there you could come here and finish putting the rear end back in my Camaro.