Nascar stickers on cars

Old 01-25-07, 10:56 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Nascar stickers on cars

Why do people with Nascar stickers on their cars never go faster than 35 mph at the end of a highway on ramp? I do not have any of these stickers on my car and I always try to hit 65 or higher by the time I get onto the highway.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-07, 11:23 AM
Group Moderator
Haven't seen this happen. Not a lot of NASCAR stickers up here, but never noticed this in anyone with one.

Old 01-25-07, 11:31 AM
What kind of car are they driving?

Old 01-25-07, 01:37 PM
along the same lines, sort of........

ever notice you see a lot of Harley Davidson stickers on the backs of vehicles (Fords, Chevys, etc - usually trucks), but never any Ford or Chevy stickers on Harleys???????

Old 01-25-07, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator
Well Annette, I think I can answer that one since we have both a truck and a Harley. You don't want to marr up the Harley with truck stickers, but you want everyone to know you ride a Harley when you're driving the truck!
As for the Nascar sticker, I'd guess they're fast on the track but safe on the roads, maybe?

Old 01-25-07, 04:21 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Originally Posted by Annette View Post
Harley Davidson stickers on the backs of vehicles but never any Ford or Chevy stickers on Harleys:

A harley doesn't have a big enough bumper or back glass

nightowlpunk

You don't have to drive fast to enjoy NA$CAR. I rarely ever speed but I've been a race fan since I was old enough to know what a race car was. Don't have any stickers on my vehicles though.

Old 01-25-07, 04:29 PM
The left turn challenge starts soon.

My wife and I met Denny Hamlin a couple weeks ago. He's a nice young man.

Old 01-26-07, 03:59 AM
Like they say, "right turn?, why?" Just make a bunch of lefts and you are there. NASCAR is big here, but I don't even let car dealers put their stickers on my new vehicles. Had a kid prepping my new truck and asked me where I wanted him to put the sticker. You know the answer.

Old 01-26-07, 05:25 AM
Group Moderator
Originally Posted by mattison View Post
My wife and I met Denny Hamlin a couple weeks ago. He's a nice young man.
Had a pretty good season last year, too. Hopefully he doesn't drop off like Edwards in the 99 did from two years ago to last year. Isn't it a sad day, though, when you realize all professional athletes are younger than you?

Old 01-26-07, 06:09 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Nothing against the 'young guns' but I liked it better when most didn't 'graduate' to cup until they were in their mid to late 20's. Harry Gant and many others were legitiment contenders when they were in their 50's, now a driver in his late 30's is at risk of being replaced by someone younger.

I know more public exposure necesstates more responsible behavior but I miss all the colorful personalities that drivers used to display.

I think Edwards slump last year was more a product of Roush's struggles than his own.

Old 01-26-07, 07:20 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I still see a lot of cars with Earnhart's # 3 in the window. Heading for Elvis status I guess. Since a Harley costs more than many of the "beaters" with decals, makes you wonder how many really have bikes and how many are wannabees.

Old 02-06-07, 09:26 AM
My 95 Jetta had a Harley sticker on it when I got it, but I took it off because it was pink and I'm a guy. The cars that drive up an on ramp slow with these stickers are predominately Fords and Chevy's. I have almost rear ended some of these because the way I look at it, you are asking to get hit if you go onto a highway 30mph below the limit. My Jetta has the 2.0 liter engine without any performance upgrades. However, I am thinking about getting a high-flow air filter for it.