Britney shaves off hair

Does anyone care? I know I don't

Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-07, 10:29 AM
Group Moderator
Britney who?

Old 02-19-07, 11:53 AM
"Britney who?"

You know, the one that shaved the other end a month or so ago. Looks like she's pushing to become the next Anna Nicolle. Kinda' sad.

Old 02-19-07, 12:12 PM
That female Irish singer beat her to that one a decade or two ago
Sinead O'Conner

Old 02-19-07, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator
Britney Spears. Singer, dancer and certifiable wierdo

Old 02-19-07, 01:57 PM
Group Moderator
Oh right, the talentless ex-Mouseketeer.

Old 02-19-07, 11:01 PM
All this garbage is an indicator of a pretty deep societal sickness. We get all wrapped around the axle over folks who entertain or pretend for a living, yet folks who should really matter and contribute to the societal good in a very tangible and real way hardly get a yawn. I've been sick of it for years and could not possibly care less who they are, what they do, or how they end.

Old 02-20-07, 04:26 AM
Group Moderator
I'm guessing you didn't watch the Grammy awards show, Smokey? [Me neither]

Old 02-20-07, 04:31 AM
My grammy died years ago. She was a real charactor and put on quite a show, but I haven't watched her show in a long time.

Old 02-20-07, 10:19 AM
I used to hate hearing about all these people for a very long time. I have indeed found it to be annoying! I even stopped watching the news and stopped listening to nonsense for a very long time...

BUT... I've now learned to accept what I see and hear and just pray for these people...b/c they need it.

Old 02-20-07, 11:20 AM
i wish they'd take Britney's kids away from her for the things i've heard she's done to them (driving while holding a baby - no seat belts, etc, for starters). if the photo i saw of her doing that was real, she should be charged with child endangerment & who knows what else. same with Michael Jackson for holding his baby over a railing x number of stories up. why do these people get away with this stuff? normal people wouldn't.

i have NO interest in "celebrities" either, but SOMEONE is buying up all those millions of copies of tabloid magazines......so they keep on printing them.

Old 02-20-07, 12:59 PM
Someone sent me a picture of Brittany getting out of a car with no underwear on. Before that picture, I had thought she was gettting unfairly roasted. But that was just plain disgusting. I can't believe it was an accident so I wonder, how does she think that will help her career?

The head gets shaved.......in and out of rehab.....partying with the other blondie ditz.

A celebrity journalist said she's doing the right things. Keeping in the media. Thats what its all about.

Usually I get a kick out people stepping out of line. Terrell Owens is so ridiculous he's always good for a laugh. The Barry Bonds saga is a joke so its fun. Its makes life interesting. But Brittany's act isn't even funny.

Old 02-25-07, 08:44 PM
The Grammys_who cares ? what do they matter ?
Brittney, Paris Hilton, Anna Nicole.......No difference......No class.

The people who should be getting the praise and glory are our Armed Forces not the self loving Hollywood types.

Old 02-27-07, 11:31 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I heard her song "Toxic" once. Am I the only peron who felt toxic after hearing it (not by choice)?

Old 02-27-07, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator
The only time I heard her sing (I'm not a fan) was clips on the news and every time I thought it must be her body and dancing moves that made her money cuz it sure wasn't her voice!

Old 02-27-07, 02:35 PM
Group Moderator
Like many so-called singers today, I always get the feeling the music is over-engineered to cover for a mediocre voice.

Old 02-27-07, 04:48 PM
Was there "drama" like this way back then? You know with the "Oldies but Goodies" music singers? Probably not. Too bad we can't go back in time music-wise. Sometimes when I hear these songs that are out there, I think "What are they singing about????!!!"

Old 02-28-07, 06:20 AM
Group Moderator
Originally Posted by DIYaddict View Post
Too bad we can't go back in time music-wise.

I can:

http://www.oldies108.com/cc-common/streaming_new/index.html

You don't have oldies stations out there???

Old 02-28-07, 09:50 AM
ha ha...no. Of course there's oldies here. What I meant was, too bad the new music here can just *not* exist (be banned or be illegal) and all there was is oldies.

Ya know, the new music nowadays are all about drugs, gangs, hatred, hurt and bad words that stations don't even bleep out anymore. IMO, it's not healthy and triggers, or can trigger bad moods and actions. Oldies are so fun, happy, upbeat and clean and you can understand what they're saying and/or talking about.

Old 02-28-07, 11:08 AM
brittany spears is a has been....it was for attention...im 15 and i listen to classic rock liek AC/DC led zepplen and pink floyd...even i, being so young< can tell most music from today is garbage

Old 02-28-07, 11:16 AM
Group Moderator
Not everyone under 21 is into the wacko stuff; got my 18 year old daughter hooked on some of the classic stuff a couple of years ago.

Old 02-28-07, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator
You rock Afrochicken!

Old 02-28-07, 11:31 AM
hahahaaha lol

Old 03-03-07, 10:27 AM
I'm a guitar player and I get so uninspired by what I'm hearing today.
Is there any talent out there anymore ?
I realy think MTV destroyed the talent in the music industry.
I was about 20 yrs old when MTV came out and when I heard a new song come the radio I said "That song stinks" but after watching the video it suddenly seemed much better even though it was the same no-talent junk.
Example: Duran Duran ..... need I say more ?
I still listen to my Led Zep, Who, Stones, Beatles, Cream and Frampton records, yes, I did say records, ya-know those black disks with the groves in them, but I also like Frank Sinatra, Big Band Music and Classical, but this junk that's been out the last 20~25 years.....NO-TALENT.
Not to be controversal but didn't they say the same thing about Elvis back in the day ? I know......no comparison.......I agree.

Old 03-03-07, 02:15 PM
LOL This is a funny thread. We work in the music industry part time and we hear these complaints constantly from musicians, engineers, producers, and music lovers. Modern music, in many instances, is over-produced, over-engineered, pitch-corrected, synthed, and programmed. Sometimes some of it lends itself well to the music (ie Depeche Mode), but often it's just to cover up mistakes. However, not all music is this way, and there is a strong underground movement to get back to the basics. Plenty of very successful bands are doing their own recordings in their basements (and putting us studios into competition with computers!), which prevents them from doing all the corrective wizardry.

Now I have an extremely wide taste in music - from Loreena McKinnet's classical celtic pieces to Tool's modern wall of sound. And one thing links good bands across the ages: talent. Backstreet Boys were HUGE in their day but no one collects their records anymore. They were a fad. They were a contrived record company creation and nothing more. But take memorable artists from Cash to Zepplin that did/do their own thing and do it extremely well, and THAT, my friends, is what makes music great.

The nanosecond someone in the recording studio says "you can pitch correct that, can't you?" or "do you have a plugin that will fix the bad solo" or some such garbage, they are compensating for lack of talent, lack of professionalism, and they obviously don't care about music... and it shows. Watch some "making of" movies about great bands like Metallica or Pink Floyd where the artists don't stop until they absolutely nail every note, and you'll see what I mean :-) (And some of the making of movies are hilarious, like the most recent Metallica one... man for a bunch of "bad boys" they sure are WHINEY!)

::stepping off soapbox and heading out to the studio...::

Search this Thread