Why do cars today look friendly?

Old 02-27-07, 11:26 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Why do cars today look friendly?

I have noticed recently that some car companies have been making their cars with smiley faces in the front end. I had a '71 Chevy stepside pickup several years ago and the front end of that truck looked mean, which I personally thought was much cooler. Thank you in advance for any input.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-07, 03:13 PM
nap
it's part of Bush's "kinder gentler" America. If you percieve the cars as friendly, it will make you friendly. Kind of like the "spread a smile" campaign.

People respond to their environment in a manner in kind to how they feel and a friendly car is going to make you feel "friendly"

Like that explanation? Sounds like BS to me. Hopefully it does to you as well.

I think there are a lot of Japanese cars that their tail lights look like slanty eyes. Kind of angers me. Reminds me of where our money is going.

Old 03-03-07, 08:44 AM
Yea, ever notice the cars names like; Neon, Focus or Avalon....Huhhh ?
I remember when cars had real names like; Baracuda, Tempest, Wildcat and Fury... that's a good one !
I think it's all about being "PC" these days and not wanting to offend anyone or even sounding mean.
When I was a kid my Dad had a '70 Ford station-wagon and I allways thought it had mean lookin front end on it.
I always thought that one of the coolest and meanest lookin front ends was the '67 GTO, although the '07 Mustang and New Chargers are lookin' pretty mean these days.

Search this Thread