Irritating drivers

Old 03-28-07, 09:41 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Irritating drivers

This morning on the way to work I was going about 85 mph in the left lane on the highway (65zone) and some twinkie jumped right in front of me going 70mph. Are there a lot of people that money hungry hoping that you rear-end them so they can sue you?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-07, 10:55 AM
maybe they were concerned for your safety & wanted to slow you down to save your life.

Old 03-28-07, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator
Guess it depends on how you look at it. I find people going that fast to be the irritating drivers. And if you hit me because you're going that fast, then you deserve to be sued, IMO.

Old 03-28-07, 11:16 AM
excellent point, Shadeladie!!!

there's no good reason for going THAT much over the speed limit. shame on you nightowlpunk. where are the cops when you need them???

Old 03-28-07, 02:16 PM
Thumbs down

i don't agree with your opinion.

Last edited by mattison; 03-28-07 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Try saying things a little more respectfully.
Old 03-28-07, 02:34 PM
chill out........who said anything about banning anyone? we don't ban for simply disagreeing.

but i'm sure not EVERYONE is going 80 OR MORE in the left lane.

Old 03-28-07, 03:14 PM
You know you can report bad drivers on the internet right? I wonder who would be reporting who! LOL

On a serious note, I saw on the news last night that they (dunno who "they" are..the city? County? State?) are thinking about putting up signs where you can call and make a report (snitch) on bad drivers. I think this is a great idea. Should lead to less road rage.

Did you know if you throw water or "anything" at anyone (or at their car...?) you can go to jail for that? I heard a while ago (I think it was in CA), a woman tossed water at another driver b/c she was mad and she went to jail for it (of course...later released). Not sure if it's a law everywhere, but just something I overheard.

Old 03-28-07, 05:31 PM
Super Moderator
Funny, I just heard about that bad driver's site, tonight on the news.
They have those signs up on NJ highways already. Problem is, they're usually driving so fast or crazy, it's hard to catch their license no.

Old 03-29-07, 04:57 AM
Certainly anything you throw that could be considered a potential hazard or projectile you SHOULD go to jail for throwing out your window. Other than that, there is always littering. A $500 fine around here.

Old 03-29-07, 07:22 AM
In Colorado you can report road rage by calling a special phone line, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't (depending on how busy the cops are I suppose). There was this really agressive Mini driver on my commute route - I like to drive fast but this guy was out of control. I snickered when I finally saw him in the clutches of a cop getting written a BIG ticket...

Now as for someone going 70 jumping in front of someone going 85... I consider it dangerous. But then again I live near "the hill" on I-70 outside denver where if you aren't going 85 in the left lane you will get run over by someone who is. Occasionally someone going slower will jump into the speedy gonzales lane to pass someone going even slower in another lane. Coloradans are known to drive fast and furious and we get frustrated by out of towners not doing the same ;-)

Old 03-29-07, 07:42 AM
happens here all the time , I'm doing 80-85 in the left lane , somebody pops over doing 72 trying to pass the cars going 70.

personally I gladly pull over for cars going faster ..let them smoke out the speed traps .

to you Jr road rangers who think you have the right to impede the flow of traffic by driving the speed limit in the left lane

the left land is for passing not cruising .

your role is not to enforce speed limits

you have now way of knowing who is in the vehicle trying to get somewhere in a hurry (could be law enforcement , FBI , homeland security , DR trying to get to a hospital to save a life , etc etc etc )

PULL OVER , let them by

WAIT until the pass before you pull over

Old 03-29-07, 07:48 AM
about a month ago , Im coming home one night , Snowbird in left lane cruising at 70 , not pulling over to let folks by .

car come up quick behind me , so I pull over , he gets behind MR snowbird ,..Mr snowbird owns the left lane and he ain't budging ,

I look at the licensee plate of car that I pulled over for and its FHP .

FHP (unmarked finally bleeps his siren and flash's his police lights )

now mr left lane squatter moves over quickly

Old 03-29-07, 08:00 AM
Originally Posted by mango man View Post
I'm doing 80-85 in the left lane.....

...you have now way of knowing who is in the vehicle trying to get somewhere in a hurry (could be law enforcement , FBI , homeland security , DR trying to get to a hospital to save a life , etc etc etc )

PULL OVER , let them by
good point. so, to all you speeders, what was the very important emergency situation that warranted YOUR going 80-85??? are YOU law enforcement? FBI? Homeland security? doctor on his way to the ER? hmmm????? or are you just a leadfoot endangering everyone else on the highway, pretending to possibly actually have a need to be breaking the law?

Old 03-29-07, 12:27 PM
"FHP (unmarked finally bleeps his siren and flash's his police lights )"

FHP was breaking the law. The guy must have been jonesing for a donut.

Old 03-29-07, 03:21 PM
Group Moderator
I'm wondering how a driver is supposed to know the guy approaching from behind is doing 85 mph. If I'm approaching a slower vehicle and there is suficient room to move over and pass him, I do and I do not speed up to 85 mph to make sure I clear the lane as fast as possible. Neither do I dawdle in the lane just for the heck of it, but those doing 85 need to understand that they ARE breaking the law by a rather wide margin and other drivers are under no obligation to bend over backwards as long as they are not truly obstructing traffic.

Mango, you saw a 'bird doing 70????? What planet was that on, lol?

Old 03-29-07, 04:22 PM
I used to complain a LOT about people who used the passing lane as a travel lane [and don't let me start about cruise control].

I would scream with rage when people who merge onto 128 and cut me off to get in the middle lane when THERE WAS NO ONE IN FRONT OF THEM IN THE RIGHT LANE [!!!!!].

No one in the right lane. Hmmm.

The right lane is a nice and peaceful, if somewhat lonely, place to be. Please don't try to go 85 there.

Old 03-29-07, 09:22 PM
I took a trip to Sacramento last week end. It's been a while since I've driven there so I was prepared for a night mare, but was pleasantly surprised. Although they were all driving as if their tail feathers were on fire and they were trying to put it out with the wind, it was ordered mayhem. They were actually COURTEOUS! If someone wanted to merge or change lanes, they actually used their turn signal and waited. And, even more astonishing, some one always made a hole and let them in. Perhaps all the road rage freeway shootings had a positive effect? I don't know what caused the change, but it was sure nice.

Old 03-29-07, 09:34 PM
Quote by Smokey
" They were actually COURTEOUS! If someone wanted to merge or change lanes, they actually used their turn signal and waited. And, even more astonishing, some one always made a hole and let them in"

Since I live out on the praries in Canada with no big traffice patterns, I can get pretty nervous driving in heavy traffic in the states. I drove through LA for the first time and it was a dark Friday night. That was scary.

All I hear about are road rage stories and when I'm the yahoo driving along without a clue where I'm going to how to drive in this traffic, I'm sure to PO someone.

I too found people very courteous. I notice that they would create a hole for you but if you don't grab it in about 1 second, they close up and move on. I can understand doing that. Who has time for people that can't drive?

Old 03-30-07, 05:47 AM
if I'm in the center or right lane where I usually travel (at 80-85)and I'm coming up on a slower vehicle and going to move to the left lane to pass i CHECK MY MIRROR

if there is a car in the other lane rapidly approaching I slow and let them pass before I pull into the lane

(even if it means I have to slow to 60-70)

its common courtesy

I used to carpool with a guy that loved the left lane , he would hop in and set his cruise control at 70 then b****H and moan about the people tailgating

" pull over let then by " I would say

" I'm doing the speed limit " he would snap back

Bonehead ...

Old 03-30-07, 06:44 AM
Well I will say that I can't stand folks tailing me, or even me thinking they are on my tail, so I always get over for faster folks. I may be lady leadfoot, but I am not rude, agressive, and never drive faster than I feel comfortable, especially for the road conditions. You'll find me being a pokey little puppy in icy, snowy, foggy, or wet conditions, even though I know my AWD can handle it.

And I always slow down at night and in areas where I know wildlife hang out. We've seen more than a couple folks nearly cream the elk herd (there is a reason it's called Elk Meadow people) late at night because they were going way too fast. In a game of Mr Elk vs little car, guess who loses? Both of you.

Once a very rude yellow Baja passed me on our icy, snowy road near the house. Now there aren't many Bajas up here, much less yellow ones, and this guy was driving like his life depended on it at 5:30 in the morning. Lo and behold, half an hour later, I pull up behind a yellow Baja at the Morrison exit - most likely the same guy. Proof that speeding does not necessarily get you there faster.

Old 03-30-07, 11:10 AM
logcabincook - Where are you? Evergreen?

Old 03-30-07, 04:08 PM
Leave earlier, enjoy the ride. Life's too short to drive around angry.

Old 04-01-07, 05:22 PM
It's the differential in speed between multiple drivers that cause accidents.
If everybody kept it up about 70 MPH and stayed out of left lane we would all be better off.

Old 04-19-07, 09:23 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I am going on a road trip to Illinois in June. 1127 miles from home. If you go 75mph instead of 65 mph for the trip, you get there 2 hours earlier.

Old 04-19-07, 11:21 AM
Hmmm. If thats a 2 day trip, you save an hour of driving each day. Kinda like getting off work an hour earlier. If you are on an interstate all it takes is to bump the cruise a little higher. There's also the trip going home.
I'm not sure going 75 is a bad thing to save an hour a day. Now if you really want to save some time, bump up to 80mph and save a coffee break too.

Old 04-22-07, 10:17 PM
i know a few folks that deserve to be on that list