Rosie Odonnell

Old 04-19-07, 11:14 AM
Rosie Odonnell

Am I the only one that thinks that she's one donut short of a dozen?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-07, 11:21 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
My first recollection of her was when she played Betty Rubble [or was it Wilma] anyway me and the kids enjoyed the movie. IMO that was the highlight of her career. Not cared much for her since.

Old 04-19-07, 12:49 PM
she was great in A League of Their Own. and great in the beginning when she was just a standup comic. now....?

Old 04-19-07, 01:06 PM
Rosie Odonnell

I think associating her with any group would be an insult to the group (even stand-up comics).

Just one of those angry people that has really not done much good.

Old 04-19-07, 01:32 PM
She lives in my neighborhood and I, and many others, find her to be a good neighbor and a pleasure to have in the community. She often supports and donates to local causes, maintains a low profile and generally behaves the way you would like all of your neighbors to behave. I just wish she would find some work for me at her home.

Old 04-19-07, 05:43 PM
Group Moderator
Quote: "Am I the only one that thinks that she's one donut short of a dozen?"

Only one?

Old 04-19-07, 07:55 PM
Tow Guy: If you think she is one donut short of a dozen, yes, you may be the only one. I always thought she was 2 donuts short. Maybe I was wrong.

Old 04-20-07, 07:35 AM
I have always thought of her as the poster child for the
It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt" school of thought

She has to be the single most uneducated spokesman for causes in America

She is the one that thinks fire doesn't melt steel and the the 2nd amendment was designed for the British invaders in the 1800's (and she wasn't talking about 1812)

Old 04-20-07, 08:04 AM
A couple of days ago she said that teddy bears have more stringent safety requirements than firearms.

Old 04-20-07, 08:17 AM
Group Moderator
Which would mean her bodyguard packs a teddy bear and not a 9mm, right?

Old 04-20-07, 03:00 PM
Quote [She lives in my neighborhood and I, and many others, find her to be a good neighbor and a pleasure to have in the community. She often supports and donates to local causes, maintains a low profile and generally behaves the way you would like all of your neighbors to behave. I just wish she would find some work for me at her home.]

Uh....Yea, Jeffery Domer's neighbors thought he was an OK guy to.

Old 04-20-07, 03:18 PM
That's unfair and uncalled for. What many of you fail to realize is that she is in show business. It's all a show, folks! And it's probably true, teddy bears may have more stringent safety requirements than handguns. I don't want to become her official defender, but you people have to get a life. It's all an act! Now Steven Baldwin on the other hand (he lives here also) is really nuts!

Old 04-20-07, 04:56 PM
Group Moderator
Rosie's in show business?

Speaking of Baldwins (how's that for a segue), anyone heard the audio of Alec Baldwin's phone message to his pre-teen daughter? Gotta love those Hollywood types!

Old 04-20-07, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator
I heard that tape tonight and while I don't give a hoot about entertainer's one way or another, I wonder how that was allowed to be made public and on the air. If he said this in public and someone taped it, it would be one thing, but it was a private call and no one's business. Seems this was illegal, somehow.

Old 04-20-07, 05:22 PM
Group Moderator
The suspicion that was opined was that the ex (Bassinger) released it. Guess it was on her answering machine. Real Father of the Year candidate that one and yeah, yeah, I know, he was just taking out his underlying anger at the ex on the kid. Sorry, but I couldn't say things like that to my daughter with a gun to my head.

Old 04-20-07, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator
I wouldn't talk to my kid like that either, and I'm not defending him. Just wondered about the issue of airing a private call, but if the ex released it and it was her phone, then I guess it's different. I actually have a neighbor talks like that to his kids. I often feel sorry for them.

Old 04-20-07, 07:49 PM
I've always liked Rosie O'Donnell as a comic and actress. I do not care for the views that she presents outside of her comedy and actress jobs. If she IS as she portrays herself for the general public, i.e. on the news and her "hen party" television shows, then I feel sorry for her.

Old 04-21-07, 08:15 AM
Rockpro -

I have a life as I assume the rest of the posters do. That comment was uncalled for. It's also so overused that it's boring and I'm not sure how it applies to this thread.

Am I to assume from your post that you and Rosie are tight? I suggest you visit her blog if you want to get an glimpse of the "true Rosie".

Old 04-22-07, 09:31 PM
Rosie is a hot head...she need to think before speaking

Old 04-23-07, 04:42 AM
Group Moderator
That would apply to about half the airheads, male and female, in Hollywood (or show biz in general). I really get turned off when one of them lectures me on the issue du jour as if they were some kind of wordly expert rather than just a famous face being used by whatever special interest group is paying them.

Old 04-24-07, 06:16 AM
Tow Guy -Remember Meryl Streep testifying before congress on the dangers of Alar (sp?) on apples?

Old 04-24-07, 04:15 PM
WGW
Rosie may be a whacko, but she was hilarious in her mocking of Donald Trump.
That's the only time I recall actually laughing over something she'd said.

Old 04-24-07, 06:21 PM
Rosie Odonnell

It takes no skill or intellegence to mock Donald Trump - everyone does it.

She only seems better to some people if she is her usual stupid and malicious self.

The most revealing thing she ever did was sing the Star Spangled Banner and that was horrible, insulting and would surprise no one today after her other other "famous" deeds.

Old 04-25-07, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator
I just read she's leaving the View in June because of contract disagreements. Guess they didn't feel she was worth the extra.

Old 04-25-07, 02:15 PM
QUOTE=concretemasonry:

"The most revealing thing she ever did was sing the Star Spangled Banner and that was horrible, insulting and would surprise no one today after her other other "famous" deeds."

..........um, i think you're confusing Rosie O'Donnell with Roseanne Barr!!! Roseanne was the one who massacred the song at the baseball game....

Old 04-25-07, 02:53 PM
Rosie Odonnell

I surrender to being wrong!!! - That happens as you age.

There are a few similarities though -

I guess both Rosie and Roanne are both mad at me now.

Dick

Old 04-25-07, 06:19 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Ya, that's what I thought but didn't say anything because
A - didn't trust my memory and
B - didn't know if Rosei had done something similiar that I wasn't aware of

ain't ya glad we got that straightened out ?

Old 04-25-07, 09:53 PM
I'm just surprised that so many guys have such strong opinions on Rosie. Oprah is pretty powerful among women so you hear lots about her but I don't hear too much about Rosie. Is everybody watching her show (does she have one)?

PS: It is easy to confuse Rosanne and Rosie. You had me wondering too.