rain, rain, GO AWAY!!!

Old 05-10-07, 11:39 AM
rain, rain, GO AWAY!!!

if it doesn't stop raining here soon, i'm going to go ballistic. how do people in Oregon & Washington stand it??????

i know, i know - i'm grateful we haven't had major flooding like some places, but geez louise!!! enough already!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-07, 12:25 PM
Send it to Central Florida.

Old 05-10-07, 12:35 PM
a little dry there, is it?

Old 05-10-07, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator
Hey, if yous don't mind you can hang onto that low for a couple of days to keep the rain off my daughter's wedding on Sat!

Thanks

Old 05-10-07, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator
We've had the wettest year here in the last 100 years. Mud everywhere, yuk! It's finally sunny the past few days but that awful humid stuff is being pushed up from that storm in Florida and it's supposed to rain again tonight . Guess us snowbirds in PA (still don't know what that means) oughta push it back down

Old 05-10-07, 01:02 PM
snowbirds = people who live up north, when it gets cold, they FLY (like birds) down to Florida (where they annoy all the people who live full time in Florida, like tow guy & ____? who made the joke you didn't get!). like birds flying south for the winter. snowbirds. got it?

congrats on the daughter's wedding, too, Greg!!!

Old 05-10-07, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator
Oh, I-I-I-I see now IOW, they changed the wording of the ORIGINAL joke

Old 05-10-07, 01:56 PM
I feel for you... the last two weeks have "blessed" us with close to 4 feet of snow. The slurpee stuff. Knocks down trees and knocks out power. It's finally gone but it's been a long time coming. Coloradans begging for the snow to stop - you know things are bad! Ma Nature must be PMSing or something ;-)

Good luck with the rain... At least your reservoirs are full, trees watered, and the lawnmowers will get a good workout this summer!

Old 05-10-07, 02:20 PM
WOW! Where ARE you guys from???!!!! I LOVE rain!!!! Guess we tend to love the things we hardly get? Send it on over here too Annette.

Congrats GregH! Whooo-hooo! I'm sure it will be lovely day no matter what type of weather there is

Old 05-10-07, 02:46 PM
Group Moderator
Second dwcurry's remark. Saw in the news the other day there were something like 250 fires burning in the state.

Old 05-10-07, 03:09 PM
It hasn't rained here (just northeast of Seattle) for several days. No rain predicted until next Thursday.

I love the rain, it is the perfect excuse for not working in the yard, which I really should be doing right now.

Saturday is the annual potluck at the historical museum where I volunteer occasionally. It may not always be sunny but it never rains until the majority of people are leaving.

Did I mention that I love the rain? Just be thankful that you don't have to shovel it.

I've lived in western Washington all my life and while the politics sometimes irritate me I LOVE the rain. I can't think of any place I would rather live.

Old 05-10-07, 03:14 PM
Group Moderator
I lived just south of Tacoma, WA for four years and loved it. I don't remember the rain ever bothering me.

Old 05-10-07, 10:09 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I'LL TAKE IT!!! <<<<(raising my hand and jumping up and down)

We haven't had rain to speak of since early February! The grass is not only brown, it is beginning to disappear! Nothing but dirt and brown runners where grass once was thick. The ground is so dry that when the water hose runs water on the ground, it rolls off the dirt like mercury, leaving dust where the water just ran. It doesn't even make the dirt wet unless it sits there for a long time.

The air here reaks of smoke from the forest fire in Waycross (the worst forest fire in Georgia in history).

Old 05-11-07, 07:07 AM
okay, okay..........i knew it wouldn't take long for you all to make me feel bad for complaining about all the rain!!!

thanks.

i guess it's just a case of 'the grass is always greener'. once it starts to get super hot here, i'll complain about that. til it starts to get cold again!!!!!

Old 05-11-07, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator
Last night on the MSN homepage, the main story was about the Missouri rains and flooding, so it's not just about a little bit of rain. Around my area, (well I'm on higher ground so it doesn't affect me personally), but all around we're having major flooding issues because of all the rain and people's homes are being flooded for the second and even third time in just a couple years. Also large retaining walls are coming down everywhere because everything's too wet. So, too much rain can sometimes be as bad as not enough.

Old 05-11-07, 04:56 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I wish some of that rain would make it over here. Had to water the lawn today because it's getting kind of brown. The weather man says we are running a 7" rainfall deficit so far this year.

Crazy weather this spring; I mowed twice, the flowers all bloomed, leaves on the trees and then it snowed. My wife's bradford pear looks kind of funky, all the pre snow leaves are black and the new leaves, green. Hopefully the green will overtake the black soon.