Slow hook-up

Old 05-12-07, 03:58 PM
Slow hook-up

Is it me or my hardware?

It has been taking forever to get connected today - almost to a time out.

I have not been timed out because my fuse or expectation is quicker. Only 1350 on line. No problems on any other sites, but much slower than is profitable for anyone.

A number of times I have gone to other sites (5 or 6) that were very active because I don't want to sit and waste time.

Dick

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-07, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator
No it's not just you, it's a little slow today. I've found when sites are a little slow it's often because they're performing some maintenance.

Old 05-12-07, 04:47 PM
Yes, they are slow and getting slower. It is almost 7:00 pm and it is really slow. I am working off a server myself, and I think it is time to watch the NASCAR Races. Too much time wasted here today.

Old 05-12-07, 06:29 PM
What a relief! I thought it was my computer and was getting ready to do all the "anti bad stuff" to the thing.

Old 05-15-07, 05:45 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I've noticed the forums have been slow since Sat. May, 12..
I suspect the new owners decided to pay less for hosting, thus getting less bandwidth..

Old 05-16-07, 07:57 PM
Slow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The system is still as bad as it was over the weekend.

It is a frustrating waste of time to try help people with problems on such an amateur set-up. Certainly, the other forums I regularly use do not have these problems. It is obviously not a lack of availability of technology, but either an administrative problem or a dedication problem.

It is interesting to note that activity on other sites is up and performance many times ahead of this out-moded system.

I imagine we will get the same "we recognize there is a problem and we are trying to solve and improve the system in the future" scenerio from the various moderators that are fed information.

I intend to spend more time on other forums that do not waste my time or frustrate me when I take a break from consulting. There is no other logical choice.

Old 05-16-07, 09:27 PM
Group Moderator
The previous administration here would have fed the line. New admin doesn't talk to us, but word has trickled down that they pay much more attention to what is posted and should now be aware of this problem because you all made them aware.

Old 05-16-07, 10:45 PM
So, does that mean they'll do something about it or just leave it at, "aware"? I,too, am getting frustrated with it.

Old 05-17-07, 06:35 AM
Group Moderator
My belief is they will at least attempt to do something about it. Whether they can is beyond what I know about stuff like this. There have been several problems with the site over the last few weeks and they fixed all of them in short order. From what I can tell, current ownership knows a lot more about this kind of stuff than the prior admin and as a result, the odds of something like this getting fixed are a lot better now.

Old 05-17-07, 07:18 PM
Well, you could take what I know about that sort of thing, put it in a match box and rattle it around, and it'd sound like a dried pea in a box car. I'll bow to their superior knowledge. It does seem to be a bit better tonight.

Old 05-17-07, 07:27 PM
I don't notice any diffference in speed at all, things are quick for me.
Mabey it's your provider ?

Old 05-20-07, 07:47 AM
I don't know what the "powers that be" did to this, but, to whomever is responsible, THANK YOU. I'm back to normal and checking the forum is once again easy to do.

Old 05-24-07, 01:19 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Yes.. All is good again..