One down, one to go

Old 05-26-07, 06:47 AM
Group Moderator
One down, one to go

Well, got the daughter graduated last night. Awesome ceremony and less than 2 hours to cover a class of 430. Even got some great video (shot with her graduation- present-DV camera that she hasn't realized she's getting later today). First time in history of school (short history; this is only the 4th graduating class) that the entire senior class graduated together AND in a venue with sufficient seating for 10 guest tickets per grad - the minor league baseball stadium in the neighboring county. Weather was perfect, a little windy but not annoying so. Now we start the countdown to launching her off to college in August.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-07, 05:46 AM
Thats great to hear - I remember long ago in a galaxy far away when I graduated that they were very skimpy on the number of tickets and we had to do the whole catholic mass thing - took forever.

Old 05-29-07, 09:43 AM
Congrats down there!

Old 05-29-07, 11:38 AM
Group Moderator
Thanks. Had a little trouble with the video I shot. Early on the quality is good, but towards the end it degraded noticeably giving me a lot of the digital square-blocks visible. I was using the video camera we later gave her as a grad present. Don't know if it was a consequence of the lower lighting after the sun went down or what. Guess I'll see how it acts in the near future or else post a Q over in the Photo Forum. Good news was the quality was still good when she gave her speech, so it was 50/50; when she got her diploma (Last name S------) it was a little grainy.

Old 05-30-07, 04:50 PM
Hey TG....Congrats!