Ye olde Postes

Old 05-29-07, 04:37 PM
Ye olde Postes

Would it be a good idea to limit the life span of posts/threads? At least for responding. It's nice to have an archive of topics, but it's a pain to read a thread for 10 minutes before realizing it was started 5 years ago and recently resurrected for no other reason than the responded didn't notice the OP date.

Today I read a roofing thread that was 7 years old. Somebody responded yesterday. I'm sure the guys roof has been fixed by now.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-07, 04:53 AM
Group Moderator
I second that, it is very annoying. I can never figure out how somebody could dig that deep in the archives and not realize they were posting to something that old.

I nominate Wayne to go through all the archives and mark "closed" any thread over two years old.

Old 05-30-07, 05:14 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I agree!! I can understand a new member asking a related question in an old post but what gets me is those who offer advice to posts that are years old. I think automatically closing a thread after 2 yrs of inactivity would be a good thing.

Old 05-30-07, 07:03 AM
More than likely it stems from someone doing a Google search for an issue and the result brings up a relavent thread and Google could care less how old it happens to be. The person then follows the link and may not be familiar with forums and responds to it.

Old 05-30-07, 08:00 AM
Talking

"I nominate Wayne to go through all the archives and mark "closed" any thread over two years old."

I thought that's what the moderators got paid for.