E-Mail Notice

Old 08-29-07, 07:50 PM
E-Mail Notice

As of lately, I am not been getting e-mail notice from 90% of post I've reply to.

Is anyone else seeing this? Yes, my box is checked for reply back.

Also, is there a way to get around the 180 sec between post??

And last, any update on getting photo posting back?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-07, 08:18 PM
i don't think they will ever be turned on again not till the owner decides to sell

Old 08-30-07, 04:22 AM
Couldn't tell you when any features will be turned back on. I have heard they are working on some of them now but not sure which ones. The 180 second thing is a standard on most forums. It slows down the spammers so we have time to kill them before they post ads all over the boards.

Not sure if anyone else is having the e-mail issue. I prefer not to get them since I reply to posts so much my Blackberry would explode from all the e-mails. Seems like as much help as you offer your inbox would be overflowing pretty quick also.

You're a great asset here Jay.

Old 08-30-07, 05:52 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Originally Posted by mattison View Post
The 180 second thing is a standard on most forums. It slows down the spammers so we have time to kill them before they post ads all over the boards.
A standard on what other forums? These are the only ones with a 180 second wait that I have ever been on..

Old 08-30-07, 08:13 AM
I have to agree with Axl. I am on a few other forms myself, and never had to wait 3 min, between post.

As for notice, I have not gotten anything from this post of the people who has posted so far..

Old 08-30-07, 08:36 AM
180 sec is not a standard. I have not seen on any other forum I am on. neither is the fact that vb code etc is turned off.

Old 08-30-07, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator
Re. the 180 sec thing, I think you guys need to slow down a little
I type fast, but I take my time to read the question, type the answer and re-read my answer, usually twice, then after it posts, I re-read it one more time in case I need to change something. By that time, the 180 seconds is long over

Old 08-30-07, 08:57 AM
There may not be 180 seconds but all the other forums I'm on there is a delay. I think the other main one I go to that I think Jay uses occasionally is a 30 second delay.

I just deal with it and it don't bother me a bit. It's the delay they chose and I'm fine with it. I type to slow anyway.

Old 08-30-07, 09:57 AM
Admin Emeritus
To answer some questions. (Replies to this post.)

There is no way around the delay and no one is exempt from the 180 second delay.... Nor is the time delay likely to be changed either way. Longer or shorter. We each have to accept it, learn to live with it and just deal with it....

Time delay set that way for the reasons already stated. (Plus a few others.)
Thank you Shadeladie and mattison for your accurate contributions.

Slowing down slammers is one. Another is to hopefully but not as likely, slow down quick incomplete replies. Better known as "One Liners." Plus a few other reasons.

BTW:
Posts are read by staff members for content. The best are often used. Links to them can be found on the home page, some FAQ pages and elsewhere.

For those whom take the time to view those pages. For those whom want to post replies on this site very quickly, just so you can get to other forums, etc. kindly excuse the time delay.

There will not be any new owners. New owners already own this site. Purchased earlier this year. Refer to the the gray bar area below and read the other content pages for additional info.

Codes, as mentioned many times prior, get turned on when owners decide to have them on and all updates completed. May be sooner than you think. Stick around and find out, if you have the time.

Pertaining to email notices. No changes to the software I am aware of have been made. Possible the subscribed to forums are just slow do to the vacation or yearly season. Overall volume of posts usually lower this time of year anyway.

Old 08-30-07, 01:23 PM
"Not sure if anyone else is having the e-mail issue. I prefer not to get them since I reply to posts so much my Blackberry would explode from all the e-mails. Seems like as much help as you offer your inbox would be overflowing pretty quick also.

You're a great asset here Jay."

Thanks Matt,

If I stay on top of it, my e mail isn't too bad! Wow.. I can't imagin typing/reply on those small keys on the blackberry!

Well, sad to say my inbox isn't overflowing right now.. hehe I am feeling left out in a way!

Old 08-30-07, 02:54 PM
why were they turned off in the first place. this is the only forum so far that everything is turned off. seams like the owner is mean then

Old 09-04-07, 09:37 PM
I was told there was an update tonight to this site.. Well, going to test to see if the update made any changes on here.

Originally Posted by flirty1 View Post
why were they turned off in the first place. this is the only forum so far that everything is turned off.
I agree.. Sure don't look good when you don't get a nice "clean" look on the quote that you are replying to.

or the [link]http://www.howtocleananything.com/[/link] clean link to something.

Old 09-05-07, 03:32 AM
Super Moderator
I too do not get some email notifications to a post response.

You would know the codes are turned on if you see the vB Code, IMG and possibly HTML turned on in the posting rules box at the bottom of each page.

Old 09-05-07, 04:44 AM
Thanks Greg,

I didn't see that box below.... Learn something new everyday.

Yeah, the e-mail can be fustrating... thinking you maybe missing a post that you are working on.

Old 09-07-07, 09:25 AM
man.. as the week go on, I am feeling more "lost" with out the e-mail notice! I change my setting to "once a day" still nothing is coming.