Hurricane Predictions

Old 09-05-07, 12:08 PM
Group Moderator
Did you notice the monthly "adjustment" to the hurricane predictions? Total of 5 more Atlantic storms, so they say.

Sure looking forward to that rebate check from the insurance company when we don't get hit with any major storms this year!!!

Forum Monitors Note.
This post was split from Holiday DIY.
Good topic but also ....

Last edited by Sharp Advice; 09-06-07 at 05:40 AM. Reason: Posts Removed From It's Original Location. See Note Above
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-07, 12:55 PM
Rebate check.. that's funny right ther'!

My insurance doubled after Ivan and I live about 20 miles from the nearest coastline, have a 140mph engineer rated home and don't live in anything that resembles a flood zone. I should have bought stock in the insurance company!

Looks like Mexico area is getting it this year.. How hard is it to rebuild a house made of clay?

And I am ssssssoooooo tired of hearing about that K word storm.

Old 09-05-07, 06:10 PM
Group Moderator
Ditto. My insurance this year not quite doubled, but looks like I may get that cut after having one of those home inspections done (paid for mine - $150 - submitted request for the same thing with the state picking up the tab; 6 weeks later still waiting to be contacted). State Farm agent said maybe about a $500/yr savings. Believe it when I see it. And of course there will be no credit for the storm panels since I DIY'd the hardware installation.