"Scaredy-Cat"

Old 10-04-07, 09:05 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I have to admit, if I have just watched a really creepy horror flick... before I snooze off to bed, I scan the room for any thing out of place that would assume "monster". After negotiating whether or not to leave the bathroom light on, I turn it off and run jump into bed and close my eyes and try and clear thoughts. It's only for an instant, but I still find myself reacting in a scared manner toward scary flicks...how about you guys, get creeped out for moments as well?

I think this has something to do with the fact that I live alone in a house with room-mates I do not know. When I am at my mother's visiting and we watch a scary movie, a sense of me feels that if anything "wrong" goes on...I can yell "MOM!"...

Do you guys still get a sense of fear when watching a good horror flick?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-07, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator
Yes, always. Love scary movies and books. That's mainly what I watch and read about Stephen King is my fav. Scare myself all the time. I must be a real kook!

Old 10-04-07, 01:08 PM
If you guys get scared, why on earth would ya keep watching (or reading) that stuff?

I think the last time I got scared was when I watched "Signs". That part where the alien dude was in the backyard when the kids were having a party (or something like that). That spooked me out and still does 'til this day everytime I remember it. I remember having to sleep with the blankets over my entire body, including my head and not going to the bathroom when I needed to until it was morning.

Since then, I think that's when I stopped watching that kinda stuff.

Old 10-04-07, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by DIYaddict View Post
If you guys get scared, why on earth would ya keep watching (or reading) that stuff?
Don't really know, guess that's part of the fun since there's no point in watching them if you don't get scared! I also love a good mystery movie or book, too.

Old 10-04-07, 02:14 PM
It's the thrill of the chill! People like to reach boundaries where they can tolerate fear and anxiety and still know they are safe. It's the same emotion sought at amusement parks on those death, defying rides. The thrills and chills are exciting because they are not part of everyday life. With Halloween on the way, kids will be experiencing scary costumes and houses of horror. Eeek!

Old 10-05-07, 10:12 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
It's true, it is fun to be scared. Just like this Halloween, here in LA, we have Knott's Scary Farrm. Looks sooo scary, and I will be there for sure!

What scary fun & activities are being presented in your areas?