Slamming a Door

Old 10-10-07, 04:56 PM
Slamming a Door

I always shut a door (any door-house, office, car) nicely and quietly unless I want to show the person I am upset.

Is it likely or possible that others slam a door just because that's what they do (they're not upset or mad)? Maybe they possibly have strong arms that day? ..or they just don't think about it?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-07, 06:35 PM
maby there use to a door thats harder to close and now that its easyer they expect it to take force to close when just touching it it closes.

Old 10-10-07, 10:31 PM
I worked with a lady who told us her ex-husband took all the inside doors off because she slammed them so much. They are divoriced now but she was sympathetic to where he was coming from.

Old 10-11-07, 06:04 AM
Our door expands and contracts (it's really expanded now that we have had the house power washed) and it's normal to have to slam it to close it all the way. But we will be fixing that in the remodel.

Old 10-11-07, 09:35 AM
heh...well, what IF there's nothing wrong with the door? I probably didn't expalin this clearly, but at work sometimes my "co-worker" slams the door shut. MOST times he doesn't. So when he slams it shut, I take it as he's in a bad mood or I did something wrong.

Old 10-11-07, 12:05 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Put a door closer on it.

Old 10-11-07, 01:08 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
He might be mad...... or maybe just in a hurry

Old 10-12-07, 04:36 AM
Group Moderator
Originally Posted by marksr View Post
He might be mad...... or maybe just in a hurry
Hmmm, let's see, he works with 'addict.......

Old 10-12-07, 08:36 PM
My kids always slam the car doors. And my wife always seems to slam the cabinet doors.

Old 10-14-07, 12:23 PM
I know for myself sometimes I'll close a door not knowing that a draft is in place and the door slams!
Ooops, I will apologize.

I still can't figure out why my kids HAVE to slam my car doors when getting out.
Any body else's kids do that?

Old 10-14-07, 06:34 PM
So far as I can tell, ALL kids do that. I broke mine of it by sticking my foot over there as he was slamming the door and catching it so it wouldn't slam. After his arm and shoulder got popped a few times, he got the point and quit doing it.

Old 10-14-07, 10:38 PM
I have a theory about kids and car doors. When they are little, they need to put all they have into closing it. Then when they are bigger, they still do it.
As they get older, they start to experience other people doing it to them so they quit.
Smokey, are you a contortionist? By the time I arranged myself to put my foot over there, I'd have pulled all my muscles.

Old 10-15-07, 06:42 AM
mjd2k - LOL. that's pretty funny. No, just a floor guy. I guess we get into all sorts of positions and have to stay limber. You bring up an interesting theory I had never considered. That little saying, "he doesn't know his own strength", might account for that. As the kid gets older and stronger, it takes less effort to close the door due to additional strength, but they don't realize it and continue out of habit. I believe you've hit on the most likely cause because it seems most of them do it and that makes good sense.

Old 10-22-07, 08:12 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I close my doors in varying degrees of "slam"...usually not dependent on my mood at the time...BUT...you can pretty much bet that I will slam the door with a noticeable zest if I am mad.