Set your clock back one hour before you god to bed!!!

Old 11-03-07, 07:43 AM

Don't forget abou the time change. We need to set our clock's back one hour before we go to bed. It's also a good time to change all the smoke detector batteries! And, if you do not have smoke detectors, get them.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-07, 02:09 PM
Or at 2am for us night owls. That means if you happen to be in a pub at the time you get an extra hour of cocktails!

I'm actually surprised I haven't heard about many proplems caused by the new DST schedule this year. Whoever's idea it was to monkey with this stuff should have beeb forced to personally tweak all the software that's out there.

-core

Old 11-03-07, 02:28 PM

Have you ever tried to attend church when others did not follow the "spring ahead, fall behind" rule or did not do it right. - We are all human.

Old 11-03-07, 03:56 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Originally Posted by twelvepole View Post
It's also a good time to change all the smoke detector batteries!

Good point!!!
I knew we had to change the clocks but I totally forgot about getting batteries for the smoke dectors

Old 11-03-07, 04:06 PM
I would like to have an atomic resonance clock that automatically adjusts to the US atomic clock via atomic resonance frequency. I don't have one, so I took the kitchen clock off the wall and laid it on the counter as a reminder before I go to bed.

Old 11-03-07, 04:20 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
We have 1 atomic clock - wish they all were I told my wife I'd set that one and she could do the others I thought I was gonna have to duck

Old 11-03-07, 07:07 PM

I havea Breitling watch screensaver. I can't begin to have one of the $10,000 watches, but the screensaver was free. It seems to reset the clock periodically during every day. I will find out tomorrow if it adjusts for the new daylight/traditional time change date.

Dick

Old 11-03-07, 07:30 PM
I'm a night owl. I wish they'd set it back 3 or 4 hours, so I would want to go to bed at a reasonable time .

Technically, the time change is at 2am, so the bar SHOULD be closed before the rollback, and isn't supposed to be open that extra hour. But this is overlooked almost everywhere.

It's been a pain in my a**, as I have a lot of customers with systems that needed upgrading.

Anybody have a binary lock?

Old 11-03-07, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by Integrator97 View Post
I'm a night owl. I wish they'd set it back 3 or 4 hours, so I would want to go to bed at a reasonable time .
I hear that! Although it sure would wreak havoc on stuff having the date switch back.

Anybody have a binary lock?
What's a binary lock? All I could find on such a device was a computer science reference... binary lock as opposed to a shared/exclusive lock. If so, any mutex will do what you're looking for.

OHHH... I'll bet that was a typo and you meant binary CLOCK. LOL. I saw one of those in an office while I was doing a gig a few years ago... nifty little device. Nobody was around for me to ask what it was so I had to stare at it for a minute until I figured out what it was.

Old 11-03-07, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by core View Post
I hear that! Although it sure would wreak havoc on stuff having the date switch back.

What's a binary lock? All I could find on such a device was a computer science reference... binary lock as opposed to a shared/exclusive lock. If so, any mutex will do what you're looking for.

OHHH... I'll bet that was a typo and you meant binary CLOCK. LOL. I saw one of those in an office while I was doing a gig a few years ago... nifty little device. Nobody was around for me to ask what it was so I had to stare at it for a minute until I figured out what it was.
Ahh yes, the dreaded typo. Yeah, I meant clock. At east you didn't have to ask what binary was. They have binary watches too, at the Discovery store. But I hardly ever wear a watch, so I'm not spending a $130 for one. But it would be a neat conversation piece.

Old 11-04-07, 11:00 AM
We have two wall clocks that are time set to NBS. They check the time every day and automatically correct including DST. My computors and cable box also set themselves.

Unfortunately not true for the ovens, microwave, alarm clocks, VCR, DVD player, HTS, cars, answering system and weather station. Twice a year PITA.

Old 11-05-07, 04:17 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Have you noticed most of the newer VCRs don't have a clock? No clock sure beats having to find the instruction manual to reset everytime the power goes out and the twice a year time change

Old 11-05-07, 09:12 AM
twelvepole!

Seems you need more hours of sleep...

"Set your clock back one hour before you god to bed!!!"

Dick said,

"Have you ever tried to attend church when others did not follow the "spring ahead, fall behind" rule or did not do it right. - We are all human."

We have 3 services at our church and I go to the 2nd service so the 2nd service is always good whether we forget or not.

Old 11-05-07, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by marksr View Post
Have you noticed most of the newer VCRs don't have a clock?
Really??? How do you program it to record things if it doesn't know what time it is? Interesting, if this is the trend.

I guess I've been lucky: all of my later VCRs have automatically adjusted for DST based on the date. Of course starting this year they're all wrong.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is.... your VCR may very well have a feature which automatically sets the time/date. You tune it to your local PBS station (or any other channel which sends out embedded time data) and activate the menu option.

Old 11-05-07, 04:10 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
All I know is it doesn't have the stupid time blinking

If I actually wanted to record something I'd have to either find the manual or call one of the kids