Question about Site

Old 11-21-07, 08:52 PM
Question about Site

Did not see this in Faq's. Unless I miss something but do you have past postings and how do get there to read them?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-07, 09:09 PM
Clear at the bottom of every forum there are Display Options. You can change it to "From the: Beginning" to see all posts from way back.

Old 11-22-07, 06:21 AM
Useful forum tool

Another excellent forum feature is the 'Search this Forum' at top of forum, e.g. search for timing, or any other keyword that might narrow your forum search to pull up threads that might address any particular problem you're having.
hope this helps,
thanks,

Old 11-22-07, 05:38 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Also, you can click on your username and a drop box will open. You can then click on "find all posts by...."

Hope this all helps!

Old 11-24-07, 07:58 AM
I have question too. I live far from town and am usin my phone lin to call the intrnet. I have to wait 300 secnds to ask or answr questions. Why is this? I have to pay for every minute I use the Internet. This waitm akes it very expensive for me.

John

Old 11-24-07, 03:53 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
The 300 second delay is to prevent spammers from overtaking the board. If there was no delay they could clog up the forums in a hurry but with the delay they are more likely to give up after 1-2 posts.

I agree it can be aggravating but the good out weighs the bad

Have you checked around to see if there are any ISPs available with a local phone number?

Old 11-24-07, 05:27 PM
300 second (5 minutes) is excessive in my opinion. It used to be 180 seconds(3 minutes), which was more reasonable in my opinion.
Sometimes I leave instead of answering all the questions I have some input to. I can't wait 30 minutes to answer 6 questions that I could add comments to in 10 minutes.

Old 11-24-07, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by marksr View Post
The 300 second delay is to prevent spammers from overtaking the board. If there was no delay they could clog up the forums in a hurry but with the delay they are more likely to give up after 1-2 posts.

I agree it can be aggravating but the good out weighs the bad

Have you checked around to see if there are any ISPs available with a local phone number?
5 minutes is too slow eve nfor typer like me. ISP with local number? hahaha you do joke. Here is a map where Iam.
http://maps.yahoo.com/broadband#mvt=...2.835089&mag=9

Old 11-25-07, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by threeofeight View Post
5 minutes is too slow eve nfor typer like me. ISP with local number? hahaha you do joke. Here is a map where Iam.
http://maps.yahoo.com/broadband#mvt=...2.835089&mag=9
Satellite man. Bet you don't have problems with neighbors though.

Old 11-26-07, 08:11 AM
Thanks for the list of places to go. I'l try some of them.

Satelite is $80 month. To much money.

Old 11-26-07, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by threeofeight View Post
Thanks for the list of places to go. I'l try some of them.

Satelite is $80 month. To much money.
well, that's the downside of living in the boonies. To me it would be worth it, but definitlely some things are unavailable, others cost more, especially getting a service person out.

Old 11-26-07, 02:02 PM
I'm like Joed, some of the responses can be done in a few seconds, and waiting for 5 minutes is just too long. I wrote to the "contact us" thingy, but no answer yet. I can see a delay to keep spammers out, but 5 minutes is awfully long. I got work to do, and although I am addicted to the forums (according to my wife) I have to answer one and go to work, answer one go to bed. When it was more reasonable, you could work around the time thing by eating supper, or going to the bathroom. May have to give it up. Too annoying.

Old 11-26-07, 11:38 PM
We just had a "new member" make five posts in 34 minutes, all of them trying to sell something.

Obviously the five minute period between posts isn't working to keep out the spammers. What's next, a 24 hour waiting period between posts?

Old 11-28-07, 03:01 PM
Noticed we are only penalized 180 seconds, now. More reasonable. Still a pita, but probably necessary. Better than half the distance to the goal.

Old 11-30-07, 04:42 PM
Yes I noticed it now down to 3 minutes. A bit more reasonable although I still get hit once in while.

Search this Thread